PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

too758 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

hey everyone. i was having a problem with older versions of the MightyRom where way to often i would want to try and enter text without having to whip out the trusty physical keyboard and the screen would lock up while entering text. it would still record the keys i tap but it would be locked up. i found that other ppl were having the same problem and i wanted to know if thats been fixed for this version? thanks!
Old 07-23-2009, 05:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Fixter is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Fixter

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
Excellent info (input), thanks. Curious...how do those times compare/differ to when you used a stock ROM or a custom ROM other than this one?

Personally I don't watch TV or play movies on my TP, so I can't comment there. I do listen to music and 5 hours straight seems pretty good, but again, I've never used it for that long straight. One other question, sorry, but are you using wifi or data connection for your msn and tv? Aren't these phones rated for about 4 hours talk time? This may be over simplifying a comparison....but why would it last longer than that for a streaming or data intensive application e.g. tv? Again, I don't use it, so maybe I'm missing how it works.

Hopefully others can chime in and provide their feedback as to whether those numbers are good or not.
I haven't used any other custom ROMs. I use Data Connection. Never turned on the Wifi.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:52 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixter View Post
I haven't used any other custom ROMs. I use Data Connection. Never turned on the Wifi.
I know you said you'd read and done research, but just checking to see if you saw this post in case that helps at all.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:29 PM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixter View Post
And yes, I have seen many people complaining about the battery life in this thread.
Without wanting to flog a dead horse but to put things into perspective...

I searched the thread for all posts related to battery issues from the release date of the current ROM on the 17th. 537 total posts, of which only 8 mentioned battery issues including yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhattar View Post
can some help me with my battery life
Quote:
Originally Posted by typex View Post
Has anyone experienced freezing battery probs right after installing advanced config? I reflashed and did not install this app and havent had a single issue but when I did my phone became laggy, my full charge wouldnt even make it past 12hrs and phone occasionally would freeze.

Anyway this current version is way better then the first mighty 6 rom version I tried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchprogeek View Post
I also just wanted to mention to all who had said they were getting poor battery life on the new 07.18.09 MightyROM. I was getting my battery drained in a few hours too... Until I checked the weather settings and notice the auto update of the weather was on. Turned that off and now I have even better battery than I did on 4.16.
Check your weather auto update on the weather tab in TF3D and see if that is on

Oh and Mighty, BEST ROM EVER! I've been on 4.16 for months, and this one beats it down good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
Do you have GPS turned off as well? Even when I try this out my battery life seems sub-par =/
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakezzzullaa View Post
Something else that I have noticed, once I flashed this ROM, my phone gets considerably hotter than when I was running Mighty Rom 4 v06.09.09. As a consequence, I believe that my battery has been draining faster. Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmanmike View Post
Yes, I have a huge battery drain issue too. Besides that the 7/18 ROM is working excedllent. No KB issues or any of the other complaints. The funny thing is all the recent MightROMs have huge battery losses for me. OVerall, Great work Mike!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry6667 View Post
The lag with the keyboard is totally gone until it re install the counter by itself. And battery yeah, it is terrible. 20 min of use and it is to hot to even charge. Not sure if others have this isseue. After use phone gets so hot it will not even charge. When I am crying in bed from my elbow injury my phone gets the ice pack as often as I do... lol
I think this was the one I pointed out to you earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchprogeek View Post
For all of you having battery drain issues, take a look at your weather tab in TF3D(If you r using it). If it's set to auto update the weather, then that will drain your battery really fast. As well, check to see if you have your push mail active as it will kill the battery too. Mostly it means check to make sure you keep your radios off when not needed. I've noticed this ROM sometimes also seems to connect to the internet even when I don't want it to. If this is happening to you, you could try using advanced config to set the data connection to turn off automatically after 30 seconds or 1 minute. That way your batttery won't be draained as much.
And then there are some positive battery comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
I haven't had any problems, that is one of the first things I install,
no random lockup or anything, battery life is still good, Im at 80% since 7 this morning..thats 7 hours...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezeit View Post
....Anyways, I'm still loving this ROM, and battery life is great!
Perhaps try a different chefs ROM to see if that makes a big difference and decide from there.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

larry6667 is becoming a great contributor

I as well find the battery life a little weak, compared to the other versions, but I do not find it bad enough to try all that stuff to attempt to fix it. But I am just throwing it out there that I Find my phone does not last as long. Also about 6 time since the new ROM I go to grab my phone and it is 100% dead (battery) or very close to it. It is normally only sitting untouched for about 1-2 hours. Today I put it down with 80% and 2 hours later dead as can be. Really Annoying. An no the GPS for MSN is not on as I never use them and even if they were they should not kill my phone in 2 hours.
Also when watching videos for about 30 min even if my phone is about to die plugging it in does nothing as it is too hot to even charge...

So I do kinda agree with fixter. I am happy to get 1.5 hours out of my phone is I am using it heavily. (Music)
Old 07-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Lurker

xtwister161 is a n00b

Hi,
I have a problem that has been pissing me off for the past 3 months, it makes me want to throw my phone against the wall (which I did about twice now I think).

After I updated the rom a couple versions back, the interface is different! Its the one where you scroll up and down (instead of left and right). Although, on the first page of this post, you have all those screenshots where you scroll left and right.

How do I make it to scroll left and right!!! Attached is a screenshot of what i get.

Please help be before I break my phone in half.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ss.jpg (127.3 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-23-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtwister161 View Post
Hi,
I have a problem that has been pissing me off for the past 3 months, it makes me want to throw my phone against the wall (which I did about twice now I think).

After I updated the rom a couple versions back, the interface is different! Its the one where you scroll up and down (instead of left and right). Although, on the first page of this post, you have all those screenshots where you scroll left and right.

How do I make it to scroll left and right!!! Attached is a screenshot of what i get.

Please help be before I break my phone in half.
Seems you're comparing TouchFLO 3D which is how the TP is displayed on the first page, versus "Windows Default" which is what you have. Tap on Start, then on Settings, then on Today. Change to the Items tab at the bottom of the screen and turn off Windows Defalt and turn on TouchFLO 3D.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Lurker

xtwister161 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
Seems you're comparing TouchFLO 3D which is how the TP is displayed on the first page, versus "Windows Default" which is what you have. Tap on Start, then on Settings, then on Today. Change to the Items tab at the bottom of the screen and turn off Windows Defalt and turn on TouchFLO 3D.
Thank you.

And this is not set as default because....??
Old 07-23-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry6667 View Post
I as well find the battery life a little weak, compared to the other versions, but I do not find it bad enough to try all that stuff to attempt to fix it. But I am just throwing it out there that I Find my phone does not last as long. Also about 6 time since the new ROM I go to grab my phone and it is 100% dead (battery) or very close to it. It is normally only sitting untouched for about 1-2 hours. Today I put it down with 80% and 2 hours later dead as can be. Really Annoying. An no the GPS for MSN is not on as I never use them and even if they were they should not kill my phone in 2 hours.
Also when watching videos for about 30 min even if my phone is about to die plugging it in does nothing as it is too hot to even charge...

So I do kinda agree with fixter. I am happy to get 1.5 hours out of my phone is I am using it heavily. (Music)
Wow! Not good! But you seem to be having a different issue to Fixter...he was getting 5 and 6 hours out of his with continuous use of things like TV and music. Your's seems like it is draining when it's not even being used. Again, not good man.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtwister161 View Post
Thank you.

And this is not set as default because....??
Sorry, I don't recall if it was the default when I flashed or not...but either way....perhaps Mike doesn't use it....and it is his custom ROM that he shares out there for others to use
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development