View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 06:29 PM
CovKid66
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixter View Post
And yes, I have seen many people complaining about the battery life in this thread.
Without wanting to flog a dead horse but to put things into perspective...

I searched the thread for all posts related to battery issues from the release date of the current ROM on the 17th. 537 total posts, of which only 8 mentioned battery issues including yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhattar View Post
can some help me with my battery life
Quote:
Originally Posted by typex View Post
Has anyone experienced freezing battery probs right after installing advanced config? I reflashed and did not install this app and havent had a single issue but when I did my phone became laggy, my full charge wouldnt even make it past 12hrs and phone occasionally would freeze.

Anyway this current version is way better then the first mighty 6 rom version I tried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchprogeek View Post
I also just wanted to mention to all who had said they were getting poor battery life on the new 07.18.09 MightyROM. I was getting my battery drained in a few hours too... Until I checked the weather settings and notice the auto update of the weather was on. Turned that off and now I have even better battery than I did on 4.16.
Check your weather auto update on the weather tab in TF3D and see if that is on

Oh and Mighty, BEST ROM EVER! I've been on 4.16 for months, and this one beats it down good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
Do you have GPS turned off as well? Even when I try this out my battery life seems sub-par =/
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakezzzullaa View Post
Something else that I have noticed, once I flashed this ROM, my phone gets considerably hotter than when I was running Mighty Rom 4 v06.09.09. As a consequence, I believe that my battery has been draining faster. Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmanmike View Post
Yes, I have a huge battery drain issue too. Besides that the 7/18 ROM is working excedllent. No KB issues or any of the other complaints. The funny thing is all the recent MightROMs have huge battery losses for me. OVerall, Great work Mike!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry6667 View Post
The lag with the keyboard is totally gone until it re install the counter by itself. And battery yeah, it is terrible. 20 min of use and it is to hot to even charge. Not sure if others have this isseue. After use phone gets so hot it will not even charge. When I am crying in bed from my elbow injury my phone gets the ice pack as often as I do... lol
I think this was the one I pointed out to you earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchprogeek View Post
For all of you having battery drain issues, take a look at your weather tab in TF3D(If you r using it). If it's set to auto update the weather, then that will drain your battery really fast. As well, check to see if you have your push mail active as it will kill the battery too. Mostly it means check to make sure you keep your radios off when not needed. I've noticed this ROM sometimes also seems to connect to the internet even when I don't want it to. If this is happening to you, you could try using advanced config to set the data connection to turn off automatically after 30 seconds or 1 minute. That way your batttery won't be draained as much.
And then there are some positive battery comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
I haven't had any problems, that is one of the first things I install,
no random lockup or anything, battery life is still good, Im at 80% since 7 this morning..thats 7 hours...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezeit View Post
....Anyways, I'm still loving this ROM, and battery life is great!
Perhaps try a different chefs ROM to see if that makes a big difference and decide from there.