PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 12:17 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by batista603 View Post
i did change that setting, but that doesnt fix the actually start menu (with the programs being listed) when i touch it. it does fix the today screen.
This is the new format for WM6.5. Everyone struggles with this one at first...it's a huge change over the 6/6.1 menu i.e. no Programs, Settings, etc. There are 3rd party tools out there, like QuickMenu that you can google. A lot of people really don't care about the new menu because they use TF3D or some other UI to get to their common programs, options, and settings.

You can tap and hold icons in the new 6.5 menu and you'll see a Move to Top and/or Move Down option to help rearrange the icons. Not the most user-friendly rearrangement options, but they help. Personally I always move my most common apps to the top, including the "Settings" icon.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

andyrm66 is a n00b

So I first was using the Rom from like 5-18 or so. Just upgraded to this one. I have installed the HTC noticfactions.cab but that still isnt the way it was in the one from 5-18. It used to be when you tapped the taskbar at the top, it would bring up another screen which would tell you your battery, like 80%, if you had a text, and that say, speakerphone was on. This one simply has large block icons, that show 1x, a speaker Icon, etc. It shows an Icon of the battery but I likied it the other way.Anyone have any ideas?
Old 07-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Zap! is becoming a great contributor

Damn, d/l link not working at the moment...

Quick newbie question while I'm here. I just unlocked my Verizon 8650 (Touch Pro). After I install the Rom, do I have to relock it, or leave it alone?

Edit: Link is now working. Flashing now, 50% done...
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3924/signaturekny.png

Last edited by Zap!; 07-25-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrm66 View Post
So I first was using the Rom from like 5-18 or so. Just upgraded to this one. I have installed the HTC noticfactions.cab but that still isnt the way it was in the one from 5-18. It used to be when you tapped the taskbar at the top, it would bring up another screen which would tell you your battery, like 80%, if you had a text, and that say, speakerphone was on. This one simply has large block icons, that show 1x, a speaker Icon, etc. It shows an Icon of the battery but I likied it the other way.Anyone have any ideas?
I miss that one, too. I had gotten used to it. I am managing without it, of course, and I like the WM notification popups at the bottom. They work well especially for e-mail messages while in another program. Just click View or Dismiss. It doesn't get any more efficient than that. But I'd take both if it was possible.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

latinsbest is keeping up the good worklatinsbest is keeping up the good work

No need to relock as you will continue putting more ROMS (Welcome to the addict world of upgrading... lol) You need to relock IF and only IF you will be giving the phone back for exchange...

If that were the case... you flash a STOCK ROM of your carrier and then relock and give back to company...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post

Quick newbie question while I'm here. I just unlocked my Verizon 8650 (Touch Pro). After I install the Rom, do I have to relock it, or leave it alone?

Old 07-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

pagey99 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post

You can leave it unlocked. You will be flashing again soon! The only reason to relock it is if you need to take device back (repair). Then you just reflash stock rom, then lock it.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

DO NOT relock your phone unless you have already put the stock rom back on your phone.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon (frmr Alltel)

garyr2548 is becoming a great contributor

Just a question to ask everyone. I am using my phone so i apologize for not searcging better but, does anyone else have issues with this rom flaking out after a certain amount of time? the most i have gotten is 52 hours of run time. I had apps added and thought that could be the source of my problems. So other than syncing my phone for my gmail account i have run this rom with no upgrades or add ons. I have gotten no more than about 36 hours out of this rom. it freezes on new text msgs, when i miss a call, when left on charging overnight, when i use PIE, and just today i tried to load live search and it locked up again. Anytime it locks i try to soft reset with the stylus and it freezes during the restart. A second soft rest using only the stylus, sends it into total reload hard reset. Very aggravating considering I have downloaded the rom sever times and flasked from two computers but get the same results, flaky performance. But when it works, it is fast and smooth, just very confused as to why its happening. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

latinsbest is keeping up the good worklatinsbest is keeping up the good work

This cab that I uploaded is for QVGA but wierd enough it will work at VGA levels in this ROM but it has some bugs that will not cause great difference...

By installing this you will have the Mightyrom default notifications AND the rhodium notification at the same time....

If you click between START and the icons on the tool bar you will get the Rhodium notifications(it has a small glitch with backgrounf photo but it will work)... If you click the icons, well you will get the default notifications... Try it out let me know... Oh and by the way this cab was found on XDA props goes for the creator.... I'm not sure who it is though! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
I miss that one, too. I had gotten used to it. I am managing without it, of course, and I like the WM notification popups at the bottom. They work well especially for e-mail messages while in another program. Just click View or Dismiss. It doesn't get any more efficient than that. But I'd take both if it was possible.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Rhodium NotificationEnhancement.cab (1.45 MB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

lawsofpower48 is just getting started

im just wondering if this is a 6.5 issue or the roms issues.... but i have email accounts that i like to sync to my gmail.... on my old mogul w/ win mobile 6, i have the option of keeping my emails on the server untouched after i delete them from my phone...as to the 6.5 rom, it only leaves you with the option of moving it to a trash server or just deleting it entirely from you actual email account (if i was to delete the emails from my phone).... can someone confirm this or is there a cab where i can install to give me the extra option
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development