PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Zap! is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinsbest View Post
No need to relock as you will continue putting more ROMS (Welcome to the addict world of upgrading... lol) You need to relock IF and only IF you will be giving the phone back for exchange...

If that were the case... you flash a STOCK ROM of your carrier and then relock and give back to company...
Thank you and everyone else who replied, it was so easy, and a fantastic ROM. A million times better than stock! However, I did do something wrong I think, as GPS isn't working...

Last week I got a replacement XV6850 (Touch Pro). I upgraded to the stock, new Verizon ROM, and now had full GPS. Today, I did a hard reset, unlocked my phone, and upgraded to this Mighty ROM. Programmed my phone with *228, I set location on (I'm not THAT much of a newbie, hehe), ran Quick GPS, and ran Google Maps. Searching for GPS...So I uninstalled, and installed the latest version. Nothing still. Did I forget something? Was I supposed to hard reset again?
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3924/signaturekny.png

Last edited by Zap!; 07-25-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Lurker

batista603 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
Not too sure what you're asking sorry, but if you have a cab called "StartMenu.cab", then that sounds like the cab from the Showaco4ColumnStartMenu.zip file that you can download elsewhere in this thread. This changes the standard WM6.5 Start Menu from a 3 column format to 4 columns. It does not give you the old style WM6/6.1 Start Menu. From your previous posts it looks like you're pretty keen on getting back to that style menu? Have you tried QuickMenu? Failing that, you may want to consider a 6.1 ROM instead of a 6.5

okay, that made the start menu have alot of squares appear on the lines where programs suppose to be. I did find another file called RegularStartMenu + Programs Tab.cab, but when i hit the setup file, it sends me to the internet for some reason. Am i doing anything wrong?
Old 07-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Does anyone actually answer questions in here?

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 07-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro and vouge
Carrier: uscc

cellguy030 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
Thank you and everyone else who replied, it was so easy, and a fantastic ROM. A million times better than stock! However, I did do something wrong I think, as GPS isn't working...

Last week I got a replacement XV6850 (Touch Pro). I upgraded to the stock, new Verizon ROM, and now had full GPS. Today, I did a hard reset, unlocked my phone, and upgraded to this Mighty ROM. Programmed my phone with *228, I set location on (I'm not THAT much of a newbie, hehe), ran Quick GPS, and ran Google Maps. Searching for GPS...So I uninstalled, and installed the latest version. Nothing still. Did I forget something? Was I supposed to hard reset again?
ive been browsing all over this thread and trying to fix my gps. i found out i was over looking one of the simplest things and i thought id share for all who may be having this issue. simple, i felt like a retard tho...

phone>menu>options>services>location setting> ON!!!!

Fixed me.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:04 AM
O.o
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

O.o is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.o View Post
I'm also experiencing problems similar to this. I encountered symptoms with my phone using this ROM after setting up an IMAP connection to GMail. The most aggravating problem is that when someone tries to call, I can't answer. Slide-to-answer nor hitting the 'call' button will work. For this evening, I've deleted the GMail association on the phone and will post a follow up if someone thinks it'll help.
Thought I'd follow up. After completely deleting the GMail association I no longer have this problem. A little annoying but a doable workaround.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

latinsbest is keeping up the good worklatinsbest is keeping up the good work

It's not that we don't answer... I'm pretty sure no one else has had your issue and therefore has no answer...

What channels are not working? Have you tried to update your channels on the settings? Maybe updating your subscription would help...

Let me know the channels to check myself and if it works I'll upload the cab I use

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Does anyone actually answer questions in here?
Old 07-26-2009, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

By any chance... on googles... did you turn on GPS in the google maps settings? Might be that? Since you already mentioned turning on the Location... If not, have you tried installing another Radio? Although that should not be the issue (as you had GPS with stock rom) it's worth the try... also after unlocking, did you jump to custom quickly or did you try GPS on your stock rom before upgrading?

Edit: Check your PRL and PRI since this is a new phone maybe they need upgrading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post

Last edited by latinsbest; 07-26-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

doox00 is just getting started

How is MightROM6 compared to 5? Faster, less bugs? I have 5 running and its okay, slow at times, a few annoying bugs.. Is 6 better and recommended to go to?
Old 07-26-2009, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

On paper it's better... But regardless of what anyone says it all depends on what Unit you got... What programs you install etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doox00 View Post
How is MightROM6 compared to 5? Faster, less bugs? I have 5 running and its okay, slow at times, a few annoying bugs.. Is 6 better and recommended to go to?
Old 07-26-2009, 01:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

saiyanz is a n00b

I just upgraded to the Mighty Rom 6 and I was wondering something. I have some programs installed on my sd card but they do not appear in the all programs list. Because of this I am unable to create a program short cut. I went through file explorer and opened up total commander and moved files to /windows/start menu/program files and then they appear in the program files list. Also when I install a cab it also does not appear in the program list. Is there a quick fix to this?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development