View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 12:15 AM
latinsbest
PPCGeeks Regular

latinsbest is keeping up the good worklatinsbest is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

By any chance... on googles... did you turn on GPS in the google maps settings? Might be that? Since you already mentioned turning on the Location... If not, have you tried installing another Radio? Although that should not be the issue (as you had GPS with stock rom) it's worth the try... also after unlocking, did you jump to custom quickly or did you try GPS on your stock rom before upgrading?

Edit: Check your PRL and PRI since this is a new phone maybe they need upgrading...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
Thank you and everyone else who replied, it was so easy, and a fantastic ROM. A million times better than stock! However, I did do something wrong I think, as GPS isn't working...

Last week I got a replacement XV6850 (Touch Pro). I upgraded to the stock, new Verizon ROM, and now had full GPS. Today, I did a hard reset, unlocked my phone, and upgraded to this Mighty ROM. Programmed my phone with *228, I set location on (I'm not THAT much of a newbie, hehe), ran Quick GPS, and ran Google Maps. Searching for GPS...So I uninstalled, and installed the latest version. Nothing still. Did I forget something? Was I supposed to hard reset again?

Last edited by latinsbest; 07-26-2009 at 12:20 AM.