PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 02:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Zap! is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinsbest View Post
By any chance... on googles... did you turn on GPS in the google maps settings? Might be that? Since you already mentioned turning on the Location... If not, have you tried installing another Radio? Although that should not be the issue (as you had GPS with stock rom) it's worth the try... also after unlocking, did you jump to custom quickly or did you try GPS on your stock rom before upgrading?

Edit: Check your PRL and PRI since this is a new phone maybe they need upgrading...
Yes, GPS is on in Google Maps. Keep in mind that this is a Verizon, and had GPS originally locked. Another thing of note is this:

It comes with GPS locked, but can be unlocked with the official Verizon upgrade ROM. However, as seen in this thread, if you do a hard reset GPS will again stop working, and you will need to reinstall the upgrade ROM for it to return.

Should I reinstall the official ROM, then install the Mighty one again? I'm gonna bet it'll work, but I'd like an easier way...

BTW, what exactly is PRL and PRI, and how do I check to see if they need an upgrade?
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3924/signaturekny.png
Old 07-26-2009, 02:48 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
Thank you and everyone else who replied, it was so easy, and a fantastic ROM. A million times better than stock! However, I did do something wrong I think, as GPS isn't working...

Last week I got a replacement XV6850 (Touch Pro). I upgraded to the stock, new Verizon ROM, and now had full GPS. Today, I did a hard reset, unlocked my phone, and upgraded to this Mighty ROM. Programmed my phone with *228, I set location on (I'm not THAT much of a newbie, hehe), ran Quick GPS, and ran Google Maps. Searching for GPS...So I uninstalled, and installed the latest version. Nothing still. Did I forget something? Was I supposed to hard reset again?
ok here goes. I'm also running verizon so i've been through the ringer with this issue and finally made it out the other side! so i'll glady point in the right direction so you dont have to go through the headache that I did.

first. you should ALWAYS do a hard reset (via Clear Storage) right after flashing a new ROM, then soft reset after the hard reset. Some ppl even recommend hard resetting twice, but at least once for sure as it clears out any miscellaneous bugs floating around in there that will haunt you later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinsbest View Post
By any chance... on googles... did you turn on GPS in the google maps settings? Might be that? Since you already mentioned turning on the Location... If not, have you tried installing another Radio? Although that should not be the issue (as you had GPS with stock rom) it's worth the try... also after unlocking, did you jump to custom quickly or did you try GPS on your stock rom before upgrading?

Edit: Check your PRL and PRI since this is a new phone maybe they need upgrading...
on verizon, dialing *228 and selecting either option #1 or #2 automatically updates your PRL/PRI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
Yes, GPS is on in Google Maps. Keep in mind that this is a Verizon, and had GPS originally locked. Another thing of note is this:

It comes with GPS locked, but can be unlocked with the official Verizon upgrade ROM. However, as seen in this thread, if you do a hard reset GPS will again stop working, and you will need to reinstall the upgrade ROM for it to return.

Should I reinstall the official ROM, then install the Mighty one again? I'm gonna bet it'll work, but I'd like an easier way...

BTW, what exactly is PRL and PRI, and how do I check to see if they need an upgrade?
flashing back to the updated stock verizon ROM (the new one w/GPS enabled), will NOT fix your GPS (i tried that too... ).

this link is to a very handy Verizon FAQ put together by lordshadowz (much thanks!). Amongst all of the goodies in there, towards the bottom is a variety of things to try to get GPS working. Unfortunately (for me anyways) none of them worked, except for the last one which is |||bored|||'s fix.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=9629

this link will take you to |||bored|||'s fix (again much thanks!), which is finally what worked for me. the instructions in this thread are very well laid out, especially since you sound like you know pretty well what you're doing.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49933

after using |||bored|||'s fix, the HTC GPS Tool lock 8 satellites in about 3 seconds.

if you need any more help with getting the GPS working lmk. here's a couple cabs that'll help you out.

check out this post for instruction on using the HTC GPS Tool.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=17273
Old 07-26-2009, 03:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

latinsbest is keeping up the good worklatinsbest is keeping up the good work

Thanks Dude... I would had not been able to help I'm on Sprint...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
ok here goes. I'm also running verizon so i've been through the ringer with this issue and finally made it out the other side! so i'll glady point in the right direction so you dont have to go through the headache that I did.

first. you should ALWAYS do a hard reset (via Clear Storage) right after flashing a new ROM, then soft reset after the hard reset. Some ppl even recommend hard resetting twice, but at least once for sure as it clears out any miscellaneous bugs floating around in there that will haunt you later on.

on verizon, dialing *228 and selecting either option #1 or #2 automatically updates your PRL/PRI.

flashing back to the updated stock verizon ROM (the new one w/GPS enabled), will NOT fix your GPS (i tried that too... ).

this link is to a very handy Verizon FAQ put together by lordshadowz (much thanks!). Amongst all of the goodies in there, towards the bottom is a variety of things to try to get GPS working. Unfortunately (for me anyways) none of them worked, except for the last one which is |||bored|||'s fix.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=9629

this link will take you to |||bored|||'s fix (again much thanks!), which is finally what worked for me. the instructions in this thread are very well laid out, especially since you sound like you know pretty well what you're doing.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49933

after using |||bored|||'s fix, the HTC GPS Tool lock 8 satellites in about 3 seconds.

if you need any more help with getting the GPS working lmk. here's a couple cabs that'll help you out.

check out this post for instruction on using the HTC GPS Tool.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=17273
Old 07-26-2009, 05:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon (frmr Alltel)

garyr2548 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
There have been several ppl running into this. it seems the solution that's working is...

1) Flash back to stock ROM
2) Download new copy of MR6
3) Flash MR6
4) Clear storage

You should be good to go after that. solved it for everyone else.

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the info. I will try that tomorrow if i have time before work. It happened yet again while working tonight, another freeze up. Maybe it does have to do with syncing my gmail imap setting for phonebook and calendar since that is the only thing i have done to it. Wierd. But non the less, i will give this a shot and thaks for the reply!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Fixter is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Fixter

Quick question. How do I make the icons on the Apps Windows Smaller. I installed one of the caps at the end first page for supposedly fixing a problem but the only thing it did was make my icons bigger. I tried uninstalling everything that I had previously installing with no luck. Anyone has any suggestions or solutions for this?
Old 07-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work

Is there a way to set the pagepool to dynamic using the pagepool changer program?
Old 07-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by doox00 View Post
How is MightROM6 compared to 5? Faster, less bugs? I have 5 running and its okay, slow at times, a few annoying bugs.. Is 6 better and recommended to go to?
I can only give my personal opinion. I love this ROM. I have it installed with SPBMobileShell3, SPBWeather, SPBTV, Resco Radio, Resco Explorer, Sprint navigation, CorePlayer, Opera 9.7b, Palringo, ArcsoftMMS, DupeDaDupe, Chapura Pocket Mirror, a few games, and Sprite Backup. Every single thing is working flawlessly. It is super fast and responsive. I have no issues. It is the best ROM I have tried. Battery life is the best yet. I would not go back to any previous ROM. I say go for it. If you don't like it, go back. It is that simple. I know you probably have some apps installed that you don't want to mess with. If that is the only thing holding you back, get Sprite Backup and backup up your phone, then you can restore everything just the way it was, before you ever touched it. You can even restore all your settings and apps across ROM revisions. It is the frequent ROM flasher's favorite tool and well worth the money.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Mighty Mike, I'm enjoying your mighty rom6 and have a question which I searched for and could not find. How do I disable sprint time? I prefer to advance my clock to run fast as I'm usually running slow. Lol. I don't see the option under the phone settings. Seems to be defaulted to sprint network time. Thanks. Anybody?? Diggin' the rom so far, it was nice to shuck off the oem sprint v.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

jcglendenning is a n00b

Okay this is weird. My HTC touch pro has been working flawlessly on Telus network for well over 3 months now. Quick gps acquisition, 3 - 6 seconds max. Well we were out watching thunderstorms on my deck last night and when I went to turn on my tomtom this morning going to work, the phone now say "no gps device.

Set are:
Location = On
Gps = com4
Managed by windows etc... etc..

not sure what the heck is going on here.

another not is my buddy was over with his brand new diamond from telus and we stuck on mr6 on his as well. The diamond pick up satelites in 3 seconds as well. then this morning I asked him if his gps was working and well you guessed it...."NO" his doesn't work either.

Can this be the result of the lightning storm. We both had our phones in our pockets, and no we didn't get struck by lightning...haha

Thank to any that can help

Cheers

Edit: another note is Quickgps dosn't work anymore either. Nor does google maps.
Help please...

Last edited by jcglendenning; 07-26-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

doox00 is just getting started

Well I put mightyrom 6 on and seems fine except when I go to text messages.. it stalls and delays for up to 10 seconds sometimes before it brings me into it.. ideas? very frustrating.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development