View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 02:48 AM
Kliptik
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
Thank you and everyone else who replied, it was so easy, and a fantastic ROM. A million times better than stock! However, I did do something wrong I think, as GPS isn't working...

Last week I got a replacement XV6850 (Touch Pro). I upgraded to the stock, new Verizon ROM, and now had full GPS. Today, I did a hard reset, unlocked my phone, and upgraded to this Mighty ROM. Programmed my phone with *228, I set location on (I'm not THAT much of a newbie, hehe), ran Quick GPS, and ran Google Maps. Searching for GPS...So I uninstalled, and installed the latest version. Nothing still. Did I forget something? Was I supposed to hard reset again?
ok here goes. I'm also running verizon so i've been through the ringer with this issue and finally made it out the other side! so i'll glady point in the right direction so you dont have to go through the headache that I did.

first. you should ALWAYS do a hard reset (via Clear Storage) right after flashing a new ROM, then soft reset after the hard reset. Some ppl even recommend hard resetting twice, but at least once for sure as it clears out any miscellaneous bugs floating around in there that will haunt you later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinsbest View Post
By any chance... on googles... did you turn on GPS in the google maps settings? Might be that? Since you already mentioned turning on the Location... If not, have you tried installing another Radio? Although that should not be the issue (as you had GPS with stock rom) it's worth the try... also after unlocking, did you jump to custom quickly or did you try GPS on your stock rom before upgrading?

Edit: Check your PRL and PRI since this is a new phone maybe they need upgrading...
on verizon, dialing *228 and selecting either option #1 or #2 automatically updates your PRL/PRI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
Yes, GPS is on in Google Maps. Keep in mind that this is a Verizon, and had GPS originally locked. Another thing of note is this:

It comes with GPS locked, but can be unlocked with the official Verizon upgrade ROM. However, as seen in this thread, if you do a hard reset GPS will again stop working, and you will need to reinstall the upgrade ROM for it to return.

Should I reinstall the official ROM, then install the Mighty one again? I'm gonna bet it'll work, but I'd like an easier way...

BTW, what exactly is PRL and PRI, and how do I check to see if they need an upgrade?
flashing back to the updated stock verizon ROM (the new one w/GPS enabled), will NOT fix your GPS (i tried that too... ).

this link is to a very handy Verizon FAQ put together by lordshadowz (much thanks!). Amongst all of the goodies in there, towards the bottom is a variety of things to try to get GPS working. Unfortunately (for me anyways) none of them worked, except for the last one which is |||bored|||'s fix.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=9629

this link will take you to |||bored|||'s fix (again much thanks!), which is finally what worked for me. the instructions in this thread are very well laid out, especially since you sound like you know pretty well what you're doing.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49933

after using |||bored|||'s fix, the HTC GPS Tool lock 8 satellites in about 3 seconds.

if you need any more help with getting the GPS working lmk. here's a couple cabs that'll help you out.

check out this post for instruction on using the HTC GPS Tool.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=17273