PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 10:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
If the phone was faster and if TF3D's method for turning BT on and off didn't suck, then I wouldn't mind as much. MS3 was better but I could never get the equivalent of TF3D's music tab that I've come to use in the car. Anyway, I turned BT off seemingly hours ago and my battery hasn't budged from 50%, and I have the 1% driver installed. It seems to make a huge difference and I think it should only make a small difference.
it does affect it and always has.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 07-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Yeah I probably don't have the data points to say for sure that previous roms could run BT and not have this draw. It just seems excessive for doing NOTHING at all. I can also say a friend's Pre gets pretty significantly better life and he never worries about turning his BT on and off. That's kinda why I am prodding in this area. Though I might be able to match his battery life by keeping BT off, which would be something I guess. I wonder if anyone keeps it on all the time and battery life is acceptable for them.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny

I specially don't seem to need the BT on all the time unless is for driving only or to exchange cabs with friends.

Giovanny
Old 07-23-2009, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

jcglendenning is a n00b

Hey Mighty

Great rom love this! Quick question. I am on telus as well, and was wondering if you get MMS to work. Again great work...
Old 07-23-2009, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and diamond

har226 is becoming a great contributor

I had a palm 650 and 700 and the batt life on it was awsome. I could go 2 days without recharging I loved that battery life.....
Old 07-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
ps. your signature is somewhat paradoxical
LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixter View Post
I am answering the questions in the same way you asked me.

1.Yes it is my first time, but unlike other people I did my reading.

2. I did perform a Clear Storage after flashing.

3. I don't believe that will solve anything.

4. Before flashing my cellphone I did my research and wrote down the exact time that my cellphone lasted. Msn talking : 4 hours before any messages appeared. Music: 5 hours, straight. And tv went on for like 6 half an hour shows and I had half battery life. What sort of input do you need? And yes, I have seen many people complaining about the battery life in this thread.
This has fixed quite a few issues on this ROM that you wouldnt think would make a difference. I would recommend trying it.

I'm with most people in that I get insane long battery life. with GPS on, push mail on, BT on somedays, weather on, data is pretty much always running, 200-250 texts/day, task and calender reminders going off all the time, prolly 1 -2 hours internet, and 1-2 hours talk time. and my phone will make it almost 24 hours before it dies.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcglendenning View Post
Hey Mighty

Great rom love this! Quick question. I am on telus as well, and was wondering if you get MMS to work. Again great work...
check out the arcsoft cab on the first page of this thread, post #5. link below

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...30&postcount=5

EDIT, had the wrong post.

Last edited by Kliptik; 07-23-2009 at 11:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
Yeah I probably don't have the data points to say for sure that previous roms could run BT and not have this draw. It just seems excessive for doing NOTHING at all. I can also say a friend's Pre gets pretty significantly better life and he never worries about turning his BT on and off. That's kinda why I am prodding in this area. Though I might be able to match his battery life by keeping BT off, which would be something I guess. I wonder if anyone keeps it on all the time and battery life is acceptable for them.
just a thought... have you tried keeping BT on but turning BEAM off? could be that the excess battery usage is from it scanning the area for other devices to receive incoming beams. i'm not sure how it would affect it, but you could give it a shot and let us all know how it works out.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

jcglendenning is a n00b

thanks Kliptik

but just to clarify. That arcsoft mms is for verizon. I was just wondering if it works on telus network. Thanks
Old 07-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcglendenning View Post
thanks Kliptik

but just to clarify. That arcsoft mms is for verizon. I was just wondering if it works on telus network. Thanks
gotcha, that i'm not 100% sure on. I know I've seen ppl on Sprint using it and had no problems. not sure on telus tho.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development