PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

I just upgraded from SilenceMighty to MightyROM6, everything is working great except for GPS. I use this all the time and it worked fine in SilenceMighty. I've tried flashing twice, hard reset, etc. The GPS won't work for me, it will never lock, I know this worked fine right before I flashed the phone to MightyROM6.

Any registry entries I should check?

EDIT: Nevermind. It finally locked after about 5 minutes. Longest I've ever seen it take.

Last edited by digiblur; 07-23-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Fixter is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Fixter

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
I know you said you'd read and done research, but just checking to see if you saw this post in case that helps at all.
I did a soft reset and I just used Messenger for 2 hours and I still have 40% charge left. Which I find very good. I'm guessing I could have been 3 hours until a message appeared.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

superman426 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to superman426 Send a message via MSN to superman426 Send a message via Yahoo to superman426

I keep reading a few posts and I just get tired of reading the negative. Remember that this comes from a guy who has family and it's doing this as a Hobby for himself and sharing his knowledge. You are not force to use this ROM if you don't like it. You are not buying anything here. I have been trying a few ROM and keep coming back to Mighty. Sure sometime my battery drains once in a while but hey do I have a lots of cabs that work on the background, so I won't complain about battery. So please lets make the critics a constructive and not ASKING mike to fix this and that in a tone that it's ofensive.

Now Mike enjoy your vacation!!!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

LunaticSerenade is keeping up the good workLunaticSerenade is keeping up the good work

so hear is an interesting issue: when I have my screen locked and I get a call, it doesn't display the callers name if they are in my contact list unless they are in my favorite people application.

Weird, huh?
Search is your best friend.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

diplomat2387 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to diplomat2387

Has anybody used Point UI 2 on this rom?..I have seen a youtube video with it running on someone elses rom and it looks sick...I know this rom is probably faster so I am just wondering if it is compatible..
Old 07-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by thfc1799 View Post
Ok... I guess I'll put this out there and I'm sure I'm going to be criticized but whatever.

I know that this might be coincidence, but I just cannot believe that it is sheer luck... I plan on flashing back to the latest version of mighty rom in a few minutes to make a comparison.
No, THANK you for posting this. I forget who I was arguing with but....here it is. I still think 7-18 might have the best reception of any MR5 or MR6 ROM I've tried, though. But the point is, there seems to be SOMEthing that causes wacky reception, other than the radio version.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:46 PM
N00b

Fixter is a n00b

Alright well since what Superman said is correct I'm gonna try and say this as constructive as I can be. I'm having a serious error that I wasn't paying attention to it, since the first time it happened I was doing stuff on the phone. But just a couple of seconds ago I saw my TP lights flashing but the screen was turned off. And it was someone calling me. I pressed the power button and the screen turned on but the cellphone was completely frozen. Has happened 6 times now. While I was texting. While I was adding contacts. While I was trying to dial a number after turning the phone on. And after trying to call someone while the phone had been turned on for quite sometime, while the phone was not been used and I go and grab it and press the power button and the screen was completely frozen. Hope this helps Mike.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:49 PM
N00b

Fixter is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
No, THANK you for posting this. I forget who I was arguing with but....here it is. I still think 7-18 might have the best reception of any MR5 or MR6 ROM I've tried, though. But the point is, there seems to be SOMEthing that causes wacky reception, other than the radio version.
It was with me, I've been using Telus for 2 days now. Works absolutely perfect.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:23 PM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I have no battery issues..............using MightyRom6 with Opera 9.7 beta (luv Opera Turbo gives Opera Mini a run for it's money in the speed department), Advanced Config3.3, and Sprint 1.03.15F Radio on a Sprint HTC Touch Pro .................and my phone lasted just over 5 hours playing music thru Windows Media Player and and watching 4 Youtube videos ( Dead Fantasy by Monty Oum). I am not using Touchflo-3d as I prefer the newer Windows 6.5 today screen I've got 3-e-mail accounts (Created a yahoo account for the purpose of picture-mail) and text chat about 200 messages a day and my phone lasts from 3am till 8pm before it powers its self off.

But I did have issues the first 3/4 times I flashed to Mighty Rom6 7.18 but mostly they were my fault for not realising Internet sharing was already modded so I screwed things up by adding/deleting registy strings. And I had a Battery drain issue when using a Verizon signal don't rember which 1 but it was giving me better reception (accodring to the RF stats in ##debug# which is odd)
Then I did as mentioned numerous times...............I flashed back to Stock Sprint Rom, got a fresh download and then set the settings I could digging thru every menu before finding reason to add any cabs. The Advanced Config still had some tweaks that increase resonsiveness and battery life. But for the last 2-days everthing has been perfect. (Disclaimer: I've had the phone for about a week and am coming from a Nextel i920 and didn't play/use the stock Sprint Rom for more than an hour before flashing as Windows Mobile 6.1 is so Stylus friendly and anti-touch that it destroys the experience, but at the same time I don't like Touchflo-3D as it is too touch biased but only in Vertical/Portrait -meaning when you wnat to use the Keyboard, the touch experience is so dimished in Landscape mode that the feature is useless to me since I almost always have the Keyboard out. THank goodness for Windows Mobile 6.5 and Mighty's Very Clean Rom and diligence in fixing major issues and everyone else offering the Support here on PPC Geeks)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:50 PM
N00b

Fixter is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariano3113 View Post
I have no battery issues..............using MightyRom6 with Opera 9.7 beta (luv Opera Turbo gives Opera Mini a run for it's money in the speed department), Advanced Config3.3, and Sprint 1.03.15F Radio on a Sprint HTC Touch Pro .................and my phone lasted just over 5 hours playing music thru Windows Media Player and and watching 4 Youtube videos ( Dead Fantasy by Monty Oum). I am not using Touchflo-3d as I prefer the newer Windows 6.5 today screen I've got 3-e-mail accounts (Created a yahoo account for the purpose of picture-mail) and text chat about 200 messages a day and my phone lasts from 3am till 8pm before it powers its self off.

But I did have issues the first 3/4 times I flashed to Mighty Rom6 7.18 but mostly they were my fault for not realising Internet sharing was already modded so I screwed things up by adding/deleting registy strings. And I had a Battery drain issue when using a Verizon signal don't rember which 1 but it was giving me better reception (accodring to the RF stats in ##debug# which is odd)
Then I did as mentioned numerous times...............I flashed back to Stock Sprint Rom, got a fresh download and then set the settings I could digging thru every menu before finding reason to add any cabs. The Advanced Config still had some tweaks that increase resonsiveness and battery life. But for the last 2-days everthing has been perfect. (Disclaimer: I've had the phone for about a week and am coming from a Nextel i920 and didn't play/use the stock Sprint Rom for more than an hour before flashing as Windows Mobile 6.1 is so Stylus friendly and anti-touch that it destroys the experience, but at the same time I don't like Touchflo-3D as it is too touch biased but only in Vertical/Portrait -meaning when you wnat to use the Keyboard, the touch experience is so dimished in Landscape mode that the feature is useless to me since I almost always have the Keyboard out. THank goodness for Windows Mobile 6.5 and Mighty's Very Clean Rom and diligence in fixing major issues and everyone else offering the Support here on PPC Geeks)
Where can I get Opera 9.7 and Advance Config 3.3?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development