PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Cochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Cochoz Send a message via MSN to Cochoz Send a message via Yahoo to Cochoz
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by doox00 View Post
Well I put mightyrom 6 on and seems fine except when I go to text messages.. it stalls and delays for up to 10 seconds sometimes before it brings me into it.. ideas? very frustrating.
Did you perform the recommended flash method?
-Go back to STOCK ROM
-Download a new copy of MR6
-Flash MR6
-Clear Storage afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixter View Post
Thats true. Maybe you can give them a hand. You already did though, but just saying. 3 or 4 heads work better than one. I just did the same thing you did and I did noticed that the performance is slower than stock and my phone doesn't have a week old. I dont have any other problems, just performance.
Why are you guys comparing WM6.5 to WM6.1? if you wish to compare MR to Stock please go and try the MightyROM4R3born or the Silence/Mighty ROM.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:54 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochoz View Post
Why are you guys comparing WM6.5 to WM6.1? if you wish to compare MR to Stock please go and try the MightyROM4R3born or the Silence/Mighty ROM.
Well said.

Personaly I "generally" try and stay positive in these forums, but I have to say that I'm getting to the point where I'm now tired of checking them daily and hearing about battery life, performance issues, and so on. If the stock rom was better then switch back to it....it's as simple as that....or alternatively just live with it.

This is a custom rom and as such will not be perfect. If you've got legit problems e.g. YouTube doesn't work, search for your answer and hopefully find either the fix, the reason, or failing that post about it. It's probably a legitimate problem. When it comes to battery life or performance there are way too many factors to consider, and that's why if the chef has time to answer, they will probably respond with "I do not have the same issue...it's probably something you've added".

And fixter, sorry to pick on you, but just to remind you that your only problems on this latest ROM have apparently not been just with performance....

Quote:
I have putten the TP to the test all day today. And my God does this ROM sucks battery life. This cellphone its suppose to have all of this goodies inside it and what for? I can listen to music like for an hour and boom, battery is dead. I can go ahead and watch tv and boom for an hour. I can't even enter Msn Messeger for a half and hour and its already half its battery life.
Quote:
Alright well since what Superman said is correct I'm gonna try and say this as constructive as I can be. I'm having a serious error that I wasn't paying attention to it, since the first time it happened I was doing stuff on the phone. But just a couple of seconds ago I saw my TP lights flashing but the screen was turned off. And it was someone calling me. I pressed the power button and the screen turned on but the cellphone was completely frozen. Has happened 6 times now. While I was texting. While I was adding contacts. While I was trying to dial a number after turning the phone on. And after trying to call someone while the phone had been turned on for quite sometime, while the phone was not been used and I go and grab it and press the power button and the screen was completely frozen. Hope this helps Mike.
Quote:
Thats true. Maybe you can give them a hand. You already did though, but just saying. 3 or 4 heads work better than one. I just did the same thing you did and I did noticed that the performance is slower than stock and my phone doesn't have a week old. I dont have any other problems, just performance.
/end rant

Sorry folks. Just couldn't contain myself any longer

Bring on the sprawl

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

well said. I'm a little like Mike and have stayed out of the forum the last few days to let the newbies get everything out of their system.

Listen people, some of you have posted 50 days in just 2-3 days. Nothing is wrong with that and alot of us will help you, but be kind and professional. Don't type like a 10 year old, and quit being childish. If you don't like the ROM, go somewhere else. This rom will get better. If you don't have the patience, get out of this thread and go try out his 6.1 final or another ROM that is 100% stable and fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
Well said.

Personaly I "generally" try and stay positive in these forums, but I have to say that I'm getting to the point where I'm now tired of checking them daily and hearing about battery life, performance issues, and so on. If the stock rom was better then switch back to it....it's as simple as that....or alternatively just live with it.

This is a custom rom and as such will not be perfect. If you've got legit problems e.g. YouTube doesn't work, search for your answer and hopefully find either the fix, the reason, or failing that post about it. It's probably a legitimate problem. When it comes to battery life or performance there are way too many factors to consider, and that's why if the chef has time to answer, they will probably respond with "I do not have the same issue...it's probably something you've added".

And fixter, sorry to pick on you, but just to remind you that your only problems on this latest ROM have apparently not been just with performance....

/end rant

Sorry folks. Just couldn't contain myself any longer

Bring on the sprawl

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 07-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
well said. I'm a little like Mike and have stayed out of the forum the last few days to let the newbies get everything out of their system.

Listen people, some of you have posted 50 days in just 2-3 days. Nothing is wrong with that and alot of us will help you, but be kind and professional. Don't type like a 10 year old, and quit being childish. If you don't like the ROM, go somewhere else. This rom will get better. If you don't have the patience, get out of this thread and go try out his 6.1 final or another ROM that is 100% stable and fast.
agreed. these guys spend their time doing this, they arent getting paid, they are doing it after work and inbetween spending time with their families. I consider it extremely generous that they dont charge for these roms, especially considering how good some of the roms they put out are. MR4 is absolutely fantastic, the only reason im not running it is i wanted to give 6.5 a try. If the modding community were different, and these roms were not free, i would have no problem paying for MR4 after a successful trial of it. so lets be professional in our requests guys. I like most people here do not have the knowhow to do this myself, so i rely on these guys to do it for me, and im extremely grateful for the work they put in.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

To those who are having performance issues: are you using TF3D? If so, that may be your whole problem. I gave up on it for SPBMobileShell3. It is a much nicer interface. It seems much faster, more reliable and stable. It has many more features and screens. it is much more configurable. Give it a try and see if you like it. I bet you never go back to TF3D. I sure won't.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work

I have been using the MightRom's for a bit now. I can honestly say that they are the best roms that I have tried. But like others, I have flashed my phone quite a few times. I was getting sluggish performance from the MR6. So did what was mentioned above. I flashed back to stock, then hard reset, then flash MR 6, then hard reset. I finished installing all of my apps back after the last hard reset and I can say that doing this made a huge difference for me. I don't know why it works but it does. The random freezes when typing/writing are gone and everything is much more snappy than before.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Well put everyone, I was surely new at one time, and had no clue what I was doing, couldn't even flash from my SD Card..lol .. But I had a few questions., Legit questions, Never Complaints... Pointed in the right direction, Read and figured it out. I will always be willing to help someone, but just stay within the thread and Know that you yourself did not make this rom, someone else did for us all. A lot can be found on the first page, From Mighty, Rico , & Cochoz.. Just check it out.!!
Old 07-26-2009, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Cricket

alfredo-x is keeping up the good workalfredo-x is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
To those who are having performance issues: are you using TF3D? If so, that may be your whole problem. I gave up on it for SPBMobileShell3. It is a much nicer interface. It seems much faster, more reliable and stable. It has many more features and screens. it is much more configurable. Give it a try and see if you like it. I bet you never go back to TF3D. I sure won't.
wow really? do you have screen shots of this interface, it sounds interesting, i've been using the standard windows one because TouchFLO sucks, but i don't know because even the windows one is kinda inconvinient...

plz PM me or something, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purian23 View Post
Try This ..!! It's for Sprint.

hey man that didn't work... can anyone else help out?? i can't get my MMS to work!

Last edited by alfredo-x; 07-26-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Tipharet is keeping up the good workTipharet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Tipharet

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
Well said.

Well Said and QFT. N00bs, basically; please use the damn search. I understand 1700 pages are a lot to look at but you have to start from somewhere.

This is what I suggest and to all cooks. On page one when a major ROM is release could you guys post in which page and post number all post relative to the release starts? I think this would cut down on the general clutter and tons of repeated question. This would also make the task for searching for answers to problems less daunting to someone new who comes into this thread.

Eg.. MR6 Released! Page 16** Post 1232** etc..

Old 07-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredo-x View Post
wow really? do you have screen shots of this interface, it sounds interesting, i've been using the standard windows one because TouchFLO sucks, but i don't know because even the windows one is kinda inconvinient...

plz PM me or something, thanks!
Here is a pretty good walkthrough of it on youtube. There are many more walkthroughs on youtube, as well. This is very basic, though. You can configure it so much and so perfectly for you that you will not believe it. Once you get it, you should also get changeskin4.1 so that you can change all the icons and widgets to your personal preference.

Here is where you can get the app.

Here is where you can get changeskin and see some screenshots of it. make sure to check out the different clocks, butons, and skins.

Last edited by buggerritt; 07-26-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development