PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
Bluetooth pairs OK with my netbook, but when I connect to PAN to get on the net wirelessly with my Lenovo S10 IdeaPad, i go to cmd.exe and type "ping /t www.google.com" to continuously ping google and test my connection, i get "Request timed out" over and over.. every 10-20 packets ill get 5 ping replys.. Why is this?
Best advice I can give is get the new HTC wireless sharing program and tether using that if you don't want to use the USB cable. I have become disappointed with BT for anything but headset use.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
Personally, I cannot stand the stock player. I either use coreplayer or tcpmp. They are both far superior in quality of sound over the stock player. They are much more configurable too. Coreplayer is payware and tcpmp s freeware. Each are equally as good, in my opinon. coreplayer is just easier to setup, since it has all the codecs already installed for all playback for any type of file from mp3 to xvid. tcpmp you have to copy some .dll into it's folder for them to play right.
Well I hook my phone to my car and use the Music tab to play music and it is CD quality. Maybe I will try TCPMP for music but it seems like you can't beat the integration with TF3D. MS3 has a music app on the right screen of the non-professional home screen and I could never get it to work right. Seems like even if I could get it to work it would just play WMP in the background. I want more like iPod functionality where I could pick a song/album/artist/genre/etc, or play all.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro Raphael
Carrier: Verizon

glleon is a n00b

where do i find the the Verizon Radio v1.03.09V? thanks in advance

Last edited by glleon; 07-27-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD81 View Post
Since i flashed this rom Ive seemed to have a really weak signal everywhere i go. I'm using telus radio atm and used it on my previous rom with no problems.
First rule out that you aren't just noticing the difference between 5 and 7 signal bars. If not, here's another one, guys. Sorry, there's nothing you can do but I am trying to point this out for some of the folks who refuse to believe this is possible.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
same answer that is always given. try a new radio.
When I first noticed a decrease in reception on my flash to MR5, I was still using the Telus 1.04. But I tried all the other ones and Telus was still the best for me. But worse than when I was on the stock Sprint rom. If his radio didn't change between rom flashes, and he was satisfied with reception before, why would you suggest trying a different radio? This I do not understand.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
When I first noticed a decrease in reception on my flash to MR5, I was still using the Telus 1.04. But I tried all the other ones and Telus was still the best for me. But worse than when I was on the stock Sprint rom. If his radio didn't change between rom flashes, and he was satisfied with reception before, why would you suggest trying a different radio? This I do not understand.
there isn't empirical data that says this particular ROM just pulls down every radio. I've tried every radio. For me, what i'm on works. It's also true, that most people would rather flash a radio instead of trying out another ROM.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 07-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Well I hook my phone to my car and use the Music tab to play music and it is CD quality. Maybe I will try TCPMP for music but it seems like you can't beat the integration with TF3D. MS3 has a music app on the right screen of the non-professional home screen and I could never get it to work right. Seems like even if I could get it to work it would just play WMP in the background. I want more like iPod functionality where I could pick a song/album/artist/genre/etc, or play all.
I have a pioneer stereo in my car and when I connect my phone to it via USB, I just choose hard drive connection and then use the car stereo to control it. I am not sure what kind of head unit you have in your car and if it has usb or if you are connecting with bluetooth. The good thing about the usb is that it charges at the same time.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Neither. I use the aux input on the HTC gizmo that provides audio output on the 3.5mm jack. I also connect a car charger to the mini-USB port on the gizmo to charge my TP at the same time. I do have an old Pioneer stereo in one of my cars. It is the DEH-77DH or something. Not sure what it is capable of. I know it can do aux input but I haven't done so yet. The aux input is in another car with a stock stereo that I modified to give it the input.

Last edited by kevm14; 07-27-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I made an improvement to the usability of my TF3D. Some people will have been aware of this but others will not.

Here is what I did:

On my home screen of TF3D now, I have replaced the left and right soft buttons. Previously, on the left was Phone and on the right was SMS. Phone is redundant as I always hit the talk button to bring up the dailer. I don't personally text much so I don't mind navigating through the TF3D tabs to get to SMS. Plus I've been complaining recently that BT takes too long to turn on and off. So to make the phone more useful for me, I have replaced "Phone" with "Bluetooth" and "SMS" with "Camera." It works PERFECTLY! I am thrilled.

Here is how I did it:
For Bluetooth, I installed this cab: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7&postcount=64

Then edited the registry. I changed three keys for the right soft button.

HKLM/Software/HTC/manila/HomeRSKPath = \windows\camera.exe
../HomeRSKText = Camera
Delete the contents of the HomeRSKArguments key since it previously provided an argument to the tmail app to launch a new SMS message.

For the left soft key I changed 2 registry entires.

HKLM/Software/HTC/manila/HomeLSKPath = \windows\btonoff.exe
../HomeLSKText = Bluetooth

Didn't even soft reset and the softkeys on the home screen changed and, as I said, they both work perfectly.

Last edited by kevm14; 07-27-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Neither. I use the aux input on the HTC gizmo that provides audio output on the 3.5mm jack. I also connect a car charger to the mini-USB port on the gizmo to charge my TP at the same time. I do have an old Pioneer stereo in one of my cars. It is the DEH-77DH or something. Not sure what it is capable of. I know it can do aux input but I haven't done so yet. The aux input is in another car with a stock stereo that I modified to give it the input.
Ok, If you are using the 3.5mm jack, any player will do nicely. I would suggest trying the tcpmp player. You can add a widget, for any app in your device, on any of the Spb screens. It is a simple procedure to add the widget. You can choose a small or medium sized widget after it is added. You can choose if you want the widget to contain text (name of app).

Last edited by buggerritt; 07-27-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development