PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

diplomat2387 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to diplomat2387
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencat View Post
I really like SPB Shell and it couldn't be easier to configure. I do miss the music tab but I use another music player.
Does it drain battery though or has anybody using MS3 noticed it..?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doox00 View Post
yep did that, still does not ask me, even restarted the phone, same results.

grrr this is so frustrating.. between constant pauses and lagging and now this... I don't blame the rom, I blame wm 6.5.. or perhaps touch flo? I JUST reflashed it with mr6 and got it all set back up and now I have this problem... don't want to have to redo my entire phone again
Do you have ActiveSync or WDMC installed? What mode does your phone go into when you plug it in? ICS, Disc, ActiveSync?
Old 07-27-2009, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

doox00 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
Do you have ActiveSync or WDMC installed? What mode does your phone go into when you plug it in? ICS, Disc, ActiveSync?
goes into ics, it was working fine, where it would ask me (which I want it to do) up until today.

wierd, if I plug it into my dock.. even without the usb cable plugged into my computer it still brings up ics... I think I am going to be forced to redo it all again.. /sigh.. starting to dislike my phone.

Last edited by doox00; 07-27-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Cricket

alfredo-x is keeping up the good workalfredo-x is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
as mentioned before, SPB MS is pay software, but they have a 30day free trial. Cab is here http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/pock.../download.html

that sprint arcsoft you are trying does not put in all the settings required for it to work on cricket. Are you doing that? here's a good reference http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62347
ok thanks thats a great help, i didn't realize i could edit some MMS options on my arcsoft. i sort of knew it had to be there, but i couldn't find them...

but anyways i never saw the "Cricket MMS arcsoft cab" there's only the carrier cab, then in that same thread they tell you to install the same Sprint MMS cab i use and to change the settings...

anyways, it still didn't work, at first it takes a little longer to send the msg, so i thought it was going trough, but at the very end it quits...

right now i have Arcsoft 5.0.68.24
Old 07-27-2009, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Its official, my phone just f'in sucks.. must be something wrong.. its CONSTANTLY stalls and lags.. I just redid it again, put that spb shell thing you guys are talking about on it.. and when I go to the view where you can scroll all the screens around in a circle it will just lag and jerk.. then be smooth for a few seconds and then do the same thing over.. ugh. My contract with sprint just came up.. maybe its time for an iphone..
Old 07-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomat2387 View Post
Is SPB Mobile Shell really that good and does it use alot of battery while running this....?...I have not tried it yet because it looks sort of difficult to configure..
Yes. It is that good. It is so simple to configure, a child could do it. My battery life is great. The only time that my battery drains, is when I use Bluetooth, if I use wifi, or if I am in an area that is searching for a connection. If I am in an area that has reception, I can use my phone all day and after 8 hours it will still be at about 70%. I am a heavy user too. I am always on my phone for business, facebook, palringo, texting, or talking. I really notice it drain when I am at my desktop at home. I have terrible reception there. I am considering getting a cell repeater to combat this.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Its official, my phone just f'in sucks.. must be something wrong.. its CONSTANTLY stalls and lags.. I just redid it again, put that spb shell thing you guys are talking about on it.. and when I go to the view where you can scroll all the screens around in a circle it will just lag and jerk.. then be smooth for a few seconds and then do the same thing over.. ugh. My contract with sprint just came up.. maybe its time for an iphone..
Did you flash to stock, clear storage, then flash to MR6, then clear storage again? How does it work when running the stock ROM? If it runs all choppy with stock, you should take it in for a replacement. There could be something physically wrong with it. I have taken mine in for replacement twie now. Once the keyboard was not working. and another time there was a bad spot (stain under the screen). They replaced it with no issues, each time. This phone is not very durable with heavy use. The warranty is there for a reason.

Last edited by buggerritt; 07-27-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
goes into ics, it was working fine, where it would ask me (which I want it to do) up until today.

wierd, if I plug it into my dock.. even without the usb cable plugged into my computer it still brings up ics... I think I am going to be forced to redo it all again.. /sigh.. starting to dislike my phone.
Did you hit Disconnect on ICS? If not...that could be the problem. It's happened to me. Plug it in...go to ICS...connect...then disconnect...then unplug and plug back in.

Should do the trick, I think!
Old 07-27-2009, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kinesis is a n00b

Thanks for the mightyROM its alwyas been my favorite.

Problem since I upgraded from MightyROM 4.6 or whatever (WM6.1)

Bluetooth pairs OK with my netbook, but when I connect to PAN to get on the net wirelessly with my Lenovo S10 IdeaPad, i go to cmd.exe and type "ping /t www.google.com" to continuously ping google and test my connection, i get "Request timed out" over and over.. every 10-20 packets ill get 5 ping replys.. Why is this?
Old 07-27-2009, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
Did you flash to stock, clear storage, then flash to MR6, then clear storage again? How does it work when running the stock ROM? If it runs all choppy with stock, you should take it in for a replacement. There could be something physically wrong with it. I have taken mine in for replacement twie now. Once the keyboard was not working. and another time there was a bad spot (stain under the screen). They replaced it with no issues, each time. This phone is not very durable with heavy use. The warranty is there for a reason.

I turned the 3d acceleration off in spb shell and its smooth.. so wonder if its something with whatever the video card or however these phones work with video is the issue.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development