PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1
Re: [July 7th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
Not sure I'm not doing anything special. I've had my Touch Pro since October and I've traveled from Houston (CDT) to Boston (EDT) and my clock has always changed to EDT without doing anything.
Then lets trade Pro's darnit!! I want that for mine
Old 07-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vumpler View Post
Two questions.

2. Is there an all in one chat application out there for our phones? I see Aim+ is an all in one chat but its $30. Was hoping for a "without spending money" option. I know the iphone has a great app my brother uses. I mainly want facebook chat included.
I don't chat much anymore.

The PRo comes with an IM that allows U to use YIM, AIM and MSN Msgr all at once.

And back in my 6700 & 6800 days, I used a pocket Trillian that lets U do 4 to 6 if memeory server me correct. Been a long time.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
Not sure I'm not doing anything special. I've had my Touch Pro since October and I've traveled from Houston (CDT) to Boston (EDT) and my clock has always changed to EDT without doing anything.
Yes mine does that as well. I dont know if that is a setting or what, but I love it!

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 07-15-2009, 08:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

silentO is a n00b

Anyone knows how I can strip the IE 8 from this ROM? Or knows where I can get it from?
Old 07-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff

I think I figured out the Backlight issue, and why it turns off automatically after 30 seconds of non-physical activity in most apps.

After more flashes than I care to recall (at least a dozen in the last 4 days), I think I know why my backlight doesnt work as it should in apps such as TomTom (i.e., it won't stay on when it's supposed to, and in other apps it altogether ignores the power settings and will auto-off the screen in 30 seconds rather than my selected timer settings).

After running the Internet Sharing app a few times (usually a handful), followed by a few soft resets, all hell breaks loose and the backlight starts exhibiting anomalous behavior; i.e., backlight turns off after 30 seconds when running TomTom, or IMMEDIATELY after watching a Youtube video with the built in Youtube player/app, whereas before there would have been a delay in the YT app.

I've confirmed this by not running internet sharing for 2 days after I re-flashed again and everything worked as it should.
Once Internet sharing is ran a few times, then it's only a matter of a few resets until this behavior is re-exhibited.
Then, the ONLY way to fix it is by re-flashing again.

I never ran into this problem before with any of the other MRs ONLY because I never used internet sharing so frequently (my cable modem went down a few weeks ago, so using the hacked data tethering).

Now however, I went back and tested ALL of the other MR's and they all exhibit this same behavior, at least on my phone when internet sharing (with data connection rather than pam) is used.

If I don't run the internet sharing app, then all is well.

Last edited by hamidxa; 07-15-2009 at 09:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:41 PM
dro
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MikFroyo POWERED hTc EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

dro is keeping up the good workdro is keeping up the good workdro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidxa View Post
I think I figured out the Backlight issue, and why it turns off automatically after 30 seconds of non-physical activity in most apps.

After more flashes than I care to recall (at least a dozen in the last 4 days), I think I know why my backlight doesnt work as it should in apps such as TomTom (i.e., it won't stay on when it's supposed to, and in other apps it altogether ignores the power settings and will auto-off the screen in 30 seconds rather than my selected timer settings).

After running the Internet Sharing app a few times (usually a handful), followed by a few soft resets, all hell breaks loose and the backlight starts exhibiting anomalous behavior; i.e., backlight turns off after 30 seconds when running TomTom, or IMMEDIATELY after watching a Youtube video with the built in Youtube player/app, whereas before there would have been a delay in the YT app.

I've confirmed this by not running internet sharing for 2 days after I re-flashed again and everything worked as it should.
Once Internet sharing is ran a few times, then it's only a matter of a few resets until this behavior is re-exhibited.

I never ran into this problem before with any of the other MRs ONLY because I never used internet sharing so frequently (my cable modem went down a few weeks ago, so using the hacked data tethering).

Now however, I went back and tested ALL of the other MR's and they all exhibit this same behavior, at least on my phone when internet sharing (with data connection rather than pam) is used.

i havent run internet sharing and only experienced this issue on MR6...
Old 07-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

I'll check this out guys.

Not quite sure what it could be. I'm possibly thinking the sys. but not too sure.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidxa View Post

I have never run the internet sharing app at all. Not once on any Touch Pro ROM.

Hope you spot the prob, Mike. Unfortunately, my new phone is trouble free and I can't reproduce the bug.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

MightyROM6_07.16.09_Herman
[ ] Alltel 2.01 Kernel Update (Thanks Juiciy47 & Conflipper)
[ ] Sprint Specific Services Restored
[ ] Phcanoverbmp.dll Updated (Restores rA Icon)
[ ] Powerexe.exe Changes (Attempt To Resolve Backlight Issue?!?!?!)
[ ] Lil Rico's Customized .tsk's Updated (New Wallpapers for some .tsk's)
[ ] Ezinput Included
[ ] No hardware keyboard lag! (Thanks bradyonly)
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
MightyROM6_07.16.09_Herman
[ ] Alltel 2.01 Kernel Update (Thanks Juiciy47 & Conflipper)
[ ] Sprint Specific Services Restored
[ ] Phcanoverbmp.dll Updated (Restores rA Icon)
[ ] Powerexe.exe Changes (Attempt To Resolve Backlight Issue?!?!?!)
[ ] Lil Rico's Customized .tsk's Updated (New Wallpapers for some .tsk's)
[ ] Ezinput Included
[ ] No hardware keyboard lag! (Thanks bradyonly)
Awesome Mike!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development