PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by donuts246 View Post
Hey quick question about the new rom. I flashed my pro last night and am loving every bit of it, however when im in a texting conversation with another person is there any way that i can see how many characters i am using? I had mighty rom 4.16 prior to this one so its all kinda new to me.
the character count was what was causing the keyboard lag everyone was having. so Mighty removed from MR6. There's a cab attached to this thread to get it back.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by signothefish View Post
Thanks! I have to "Show All Files" to see it in the Windows folder. I wish it would include the purty icon, but at least I have Search now. Was it not included in Programs, or did I perhaps do something stupid which removed it?
try a soft reset to get the icon. if that doesn't work you can check out reSTART over at XDA. link below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...51&postcount=1
Old 07-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by facemob View Post
well i am not sure what the problem was but my phone started hard reseting itself last night and all of today so far i dont know why it did but i went back to the first release of mr 6 and so far so good
it seems a lot of people are running into this on this vrsion of MR6. so far everyone that i've seen has had it resolved by:

1) Flash back to stock ROM
2) Redownload MR6
3) Flash MR6
4) Hard reset (clear storage)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathin1980 View Post
actually this is the first flash I did directly from stick ROM. so whats the difference? anyhow i am glad it fixed yours tho...

any ideas if we can get the data back from sd card? i never thought it wud actually do that. i have some files and pics taken long for a long time...
i always back up everything (even from sd card) before a flash. it only takes a minute and it saves from losing it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jortiz12885 View Post
I dont know if anyone is having this very small problem, but i thought of bringing it up anyway, when i lock the screen and open the keyboard it switches to landscape mode and it unlocks it! without pressing unlock. That doesnt happen when i have a password, but just wondering if theres any fix for it, or is it just standard.
this is standard from WM. there's a cab floating around somewhere that will keep it locked when you slide out the keybaord.

Last edited by Kliptik; 07-21-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigknoxy View Post
I have been having the same problem with my keyboard. I flashed the initial MightyROM6 don't think I had any problems. Then I did the 7-16-09 updated ROM and almost immediately had issues with my physical keyboard not working. So I was happy to see the 7-18-09 update and flashed that ROM within hours of it's release. Everything was silky smooth with this ROM until today, now I am having the same problem yet again.

Maybe it's something we have installed? What all have you installed on your device?
the physical keyboard on the TP has been known to go out. I think mine's on its way out right now actually... only solution is to get a replacement, or have it repaired.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

diplomat2387 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to diplomat2387

Has anybody noticed when receiving a text message that sometimes the sound notification doesn't sound when the screen lights up or not at all..?...I have noticed this on the newest release of MR6...I am running the wm6.5 screen lock as well..
Old 07-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomat2387 View Post
Has anybody noticed when receiving a text message that sometimes the sound notification doesn't sound when the screen lights up or not at all..?...I have noticed this on the newest release of MR6...I am running the wm6.5 screen lock as well..
sometimes my text message notification settings will get reset for some reason. it won't show up on screen, play sound, vibrate, etc. just have to set them back is all i've been doing.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

signothefish is keeping up the good worksignothefish is keeping up the good work

My today screen would no longer refresh, and a ghost-image of whatever application was invoked before I exited it was shown instead of my today screen. Also, I couldn't bring up the dialer. I tried soft-resetting 3 times, and changing out the battery, but none of them resolved it. Only solution was to hard reset. I'm thinking about going back to the previous version.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:59 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by signothefish View Post
My today screen would no longer refresh, and a ghost-image of whatever application was invoked before I exited it was shown instead of my today screen. Also, I couldn't bring up the dialer. I tried soft-resetting 3 times, and changing out the battery, but none of them resolved it. Only solution was to hard reset. I'm thinking about going back to the previous version.
Just to be clear...are you saying that even after you soft reset and/or removed the battery the screen would not clear. Or that after a reset, as soon as you opened a program and tried to go back to the home screen it did the same thing?

If the former, then....wow! Personally I'd be trying the now common "flash to stock, flash to MR6, Clear Storage".

If the latter then I'd ask if you tried this without loading any additional cabs first i.e. try it with a fresh hard reset for a spell before loading any cabs...in case it's something you're loading.

Last edited by CovKid66; 07-21-2009 at 10:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jortiz12885 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jortiz12885 Send a message via Skype™ to jortiz12885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
it seems a lot of people are running into this on this vrsion of MR6. so far everyone that i've seen has had it resolved by:

1) Flash back to stock ROM
2) Redownload MR6
3) Flash MR6
4) Hard reset (clear storage)

i always back up everything (even from sd card) before a flash. it only takes a minute and it saves from losing it all.

this is standard from WM. there's a cab floating around somewhere that will keep it locked when you slide out the keybaord.
Thanks for the quick reply, I will try to find that cab.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:18 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jortiz12885 View Post
I dont know if anyone is having this very small problem, but i thought of bringing it up anyway, when i lock the screen and open the keyboard it switches to landscape mode and it unlocks it! without pressing unlock. That doesnt happen when i have a password, but just wondering if theres any fix for it, or is it just standard.
Not sure, but this explanation / option may help....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMaster2008 View Post
You just asked the million dolar question
The workaround i found is uncheck the "WM6.5 new lock" box.
The "Slide to answer" from the dialer will work well and instead of the "slide to unlock" which is pretty nice you now have the "old and ugly unlock" button and... A NEW BUG:

With the new WM6.5 "slide to unlock" i can slide out the keyboard and the phone will keep locked as expected, however, with the "unlock button", if i slide the keyboard the phone will automatically unlock itself.

Well, nothing is perfect
I think you've probably got to read the original post to understand the original question as it appears to be related to the dialer and slide-to-unlock, plus the post on that same page just above it that he is responding to. Seems a little unlcear to me

FYI, the Autolock app they make mention of is here.

Last edited by CovKid66; 07-21-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development