PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: sprint

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to facemob
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

well i am not sure what the problem was but my phone started hard reseting itself last night and all of today so far i dont know why it did but i went back to the first release of mr 6 and so far so good

Old 07-21-2009, 02:50 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by facemob View Post
well i am not sure what the problem was but my phone started hard reseting itself last night and all of today so far i dont know why it did but i went back to the first release of mr 6 and so far so good
Do you have resco Explorer Installed?
Old 07-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Lurker

dfries is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
The only time I experienced this was back on my Titan when I was using it without a data plan. I'd upgraded to my TP and hoped to use my Titan as a wifi-only device...but had the same issue you are reporting and could never turn wifi on.

Not sure with a TP how, or if, wifi relates to the data. Are your voice and data components working okay? Soft reset? Worst case hard reset Not to state the obvious, but wait for someone else to chime in before you go down that road.

Other then not being able to turn on wifi my phone is working just fine. I can make calls and receive texts and surf the internet.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good workPPCGeeks4ME is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfries View Post
Other then not being able to turn on wifi my phone is working just fine. I can make calls and receive texts and surf the internet.
I remember back when I first flashed MR5, I had the same problem as you with the WiFi. Reflashing followed by an immediate hard reset solved the problem for me.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

canuckgeek is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
Yes, thats what messed up your count!

Everyone with the freezing issues and wierd bootups, Do any of you have resco file explorer installed? Cause I pinned down whats causing this on My wifes diamond and it is Resco File Explorer not playing nice, cause she did this 3 times and each was almost instantly after installing this, we confirmed it by not installing it on her device and she has 0 problems so far and before all this had 0 problems till i sent it to her....Maybe its just Me but worth a shot.....
What version of Resco File Explorer is she running?
Was it installed via the original Resco exe file or was it via some OEM?

Just updated to MightyROM6 today and installed Resco File Explorer 2008 v7.00 without any problems under light usage for the past 4 hours. If things start acting strange I'll report back with more details.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:27 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by facemob View Post
Seems to be happening to a few people with this release. I think this was one of the simplest explanations of the workaround a lot of people seem to find fixes the issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by har226 View Post
I had the same problem and now its working fine... the fix is.... flash to stock rom> redownload mr6> flash mr6> then clear storage or hard reset. that fixed mine up.
If that does help, please refer back to the original poster to pay "thanks"

Old 07-21-2009, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO4g, Sprint Touch Pro 2 x2,
Carrier: sprint

jutaejrtouch is becoming a great contributor

I have Rescoe Explorer 7.05 and MR6 (July 1 and I haven't experienced any freezes nor reboots......
Old 07-21-2009, 03:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 600 > PPC6700 > Mogul > HTC Touch Pro

bigknoxy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Small recap/update to my keyboard saga for anyone interested:

After flashing the latest MightyROM6, my hardware keyboard ceased to function entirely. I soft-reset, hard-reset, and reflashed with no improvement. I then flashed over to the latest Juicy, with the same result. I then flashed back to stock (ugh), and the keyboard worked flawlessly. I used it for a couple of hours, couldn't stand it, and flashed back to the latest MightyROM6 again to see if I could make it work, and now it's working flawlessly.

And, by flawlessly, I mean MightyROM6 is the best I've used yet. Best performance overall, and the texting speed is awesomely improved. I can manage without the character-counter in exchange for not having the screen displaying only the second word by the time I've already typed three sentences. Other than that, an extremely complete package, and I appreciate the re-inclusion of the EZInput. I tended to confuse myself trying to install various packages to get the right combo. Starting with something that's fully functional, especially with the symbol key, gets me going right. I use the \ key too often not to have that available.

Thanks Mike, as usual. Flashing back to stock for a couple of hours really showed me what I've come to rely on from you.
I have been having the same problem with my keyboard. I flashed the initial MightyROM6 don't think I had any problems. Then I did the 7-16-09 updated ROM and almost immediately had issues with my physical keyboard not working. So I was happy to see the 7-18-09 update and flashed that ROM within hours of it's release. Everything was silky smooth with this ROM until today, now I am having the same problem yet again.

Maybe it's something we have installed? What all have you installed on your device?
Old 07-21-2009, 04:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Airhead315 is just getting started

Hey guys, downloaded the 7-18-09 MightyROM6 and im having one really annoying issue:

When I receive a text message I receive a notification of a new text message but the text message icon doesnt register an unread message. In addition(and of more concern) when I click on "All Messages" from within the text messages screen outlook shows NO text messages in my inbox even though touchflo will allow me to go through the 4 messages I have recieved since I installed the ROM.

Any ideas?
Old 07-21-2009, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: iusacell

fermalobos is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro254750 View Post
NP happy to help. I archive any software i download on a storage hard drive cause ya never know when youll need it and not be able to find it. ive got so many cab files i dunno what ill ever use em all for.

Hi, Could it be possible for you to you have the cab for internet explorer 8 ( the version Mike uses in these roms) available?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development