PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ender519 is keeping up the good workEnder519 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by signothefish View Post
For those that have TitaniumWeather, do you have the radar page enabled? If so, does it update automatically for you, or do you have to manually update it every time?
Have to update manually each time.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

donuts246 is a n00b

Hey quick question about the new rom. I flashed my pro last night and am loving every bit of it, however when im in a texting conversation with another person is there any way that i can see how many characters i am using? I had mighty rom 4.16 prior to this one so its all kinda new to me.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

On mine I can. I thought it was supposed to be missing. I did install the SMS160 cab to get the Sprint-allowed 160 character message limit back. Maybe that did it?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Tocuh Pro

rizo is a n00b

with 07.16.09 gps isnt working for me. have a sprint touch pro with sprint. never had any gps problems before until now.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Lurker

dfries is a n00b

Hello,

Could someone please help me. I am unable to turn on my wi-fi. When I click on wi-fi on comm manager it goes gray then appears off again and nothing happens. Any help would be appreicated. Thanks
Old 07-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

WHats Up Mighty!! I know this is off topic but is today the day you get your TP2!?

Old 07-21-2009, 01:08 PM
tok
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
I haven't been reading the posts really in last week or 10 days, but have had my TP hard reset when trying to install 'any' cabs from teh SD card. Also happned once for no apparent reason. All instances the screen would stop refreshing and when I pressed the pin for soft reset but it ended up hard reseting.

Never happened on any earlier releases, but have hd it happen 3 times since yesterday... so wondering what's up.

I am on the July 18th release
I had a very similar issue with this rom release. Hard resets, freezes, files getting corrupted... Never happened with any other rom as well. I tried reflashing the rom 3 times, but it was always so unstable and it would start acting up after installing a few cabs. So I flashed back to an older rom, everything was perfect again, but just for a day. Then it got stuck at the initial boot screen.

As a last resort, I flashed back to the 07/18 release, manually hard reset after flashing through the physical button combination, and hard reset manually again through the "clear storage" option in the Settings (I never did this 2nd step as I assumed that either type of hard reset would be the same). Now everything is working as it should be, no freezes, no crashes... it has just been a day, but so far the phone is very stable and it has numerous CABS installed as well.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:22 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
On mine I can. I thought it was supposed to be missing. I did install the SMS160 cab to get the Sprint-allowed 160 character message limit back. Maybe that did it?
Yes, thats what messed up your count!

Everyone with the freezing issues and wierd bootups, Do any of you have resco file explorer installed? Cause I pinned down whats causing this on My wifes diamond and it is Resco File Explorer not playing nice, cause she did this 3 times and each was almost instantly after installing this, we confirmed it by not installing it on her device and she has 0 problems so far and before all this had 0 problems till i sent it to her....Maybe its just Me but worth a shot.....
Old 07-21-2009, 01:37 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Black- View Post
ok quick question vets...

"8. How to make Opera my default web browser?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\: DEFBROWSER
"0"=Opera Browser
"1"=\Windows\OperaL.exe"

...will this registry edit make opera show up under the favorites tab on the today screen instead of internet explorer? if not, how can i change that or be able to add tabs to my today screen?

for instance, the default tabs are pics, music, phone, voicemail, time/alarm, text, email, calender, & favorites...
how can i add different tabs for opera, calculater, etc?

do a search for Titanium Customization... What your looking for is the Showoco Opera cab. for titanium.. You will also need CHome editor to enable it and be able to Re-arrange the order any way ya want.... Ill try and find a link as I am unable to Load Files due to Server restrictions..

edit:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65584 look there for customizing titanium

Last edited by Dragon2; 07-21-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Small recap/update to my keyboard saga for anyone interested:

After flashing the latest MightyROM6, my hardware keyboard ceased to function entirely. I soft-reset, hard-reset, and reflashed with no improvement. I then flashed over to the latest Juicy, with the same result. I then flashed back to stock (ugh), and the keyboard worked flawlessly. I used it for a couple of hours, couldn't stand it, and flashed back to the latest MightyROM6 again to see if I could make it work, and now it's working flawlessly.

And, by flawlessly, I mean MightyROM6 is the best I've used yet. Best performance overall, and the texting speed is awesomely improved. I can manage without the character-counter in exchange for not having the screen displaying only the second word by the time I've already typed three sentences. Other than that, an extremely complete package, and I appreciate the re-inclusion of the EZInput. I tended to confuse myself trying to install various packages to get the right combo. Starting with something that's fully functional, especially with the symbol key, gets me going right. I use the \ key too often not to have that available.

Thanks Mike, as usual. Flashing back to stock for a couple of hours really showed me what I've come to rely on from you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development