PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 07:23 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Your comparing 6.1 to 6.5. Vast differences in overall feel.

the freezes have happened since 6.5 has been around. It has gotten worse in later releases, and now its minimal.

I rarely get it and when I do, its for less than 2-3 seconds.
True...didn't think about that. Haven't played with 6.5 too much. And the freezes are rare. The only problem i've had was the occasional double type. But that's no biggie. Nothing to reflash over
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuffpyro254750 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pyro254750 Send a message via MSN to pyro254750

Quote:
Originally Posted by signothefish View Post
Running "Update PRL" from this cab produces an error and takes down my Sprint data connection. I must soft-reset to get my connection back.
I havent had any issues with this cab. Have used it on several different roms. However, i dont update my prl unless I need to (ie, having issues, call sprint, they inform you to hit update prl).

[edit] and just incase it helps with your troubleshooting procedure, i got that cab from the ppcgeeks forums last week (its been around longer than that, but i was in need of it last week and searched for it till i found it).

Last edited by pyro254750; 07-21-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

rkmoray is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rkmoray Send a message via MSN to rkmoray

I loaded the new ROM (tfd3d) on my system. I notice it is an older tfd3d. No calendar tab, and no customization in the setting stab. Is there an update to add that functionality?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:49 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by signothefish View Post
Can someone tell me where "Search" is in this ROM? It's not under \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Does someone have a cab for it?
There is a link in the Windows folder (search.lnk). Copy that to the Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder and you should be good to go.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mephikristiles View Post
Try copying and pasting the mortscript file from the weather program folder to the opera plugin folder. That solved my similar problem with the Launcher plugin.
I checked in program files and there is no such a folder for opera plugin, when I go back to the cab file path, it shows the default install directory \Program Files\showaco\opera6.5 but when you install it, the folder is nowhere to be found, very weired.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:15 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiot View Post
Ok maybe its toooo much of a noob questions but doing a search will get you a lot of returns, but not quite what i'm looking for. So if anyone can just tell me i'll greatly appreciate it. But if I need to ask in the software forum then cool, just though I'd ask here since i'm running this rom.

Will someone tell me(or point me in the direction of) if MR6 has the file encryption feature anymore or is there a cab I can d/l and install to secure files on my storage card? Thanks in advance
You'd think it would be an easy one to track down, but you're right...it's not! I've tried some searching -here; xda; and elsewhere -and can't find any obvious solution to enabling the original MS encryption. I see SecuBox mentioned over and over, but it's not free! PGP offers a mobile solution to, but that one ain't gonna be cheap either!

Sorry man.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I haven't been reading the posts really in last week or 10 days, but have had my TP hard reset when trying to install 'any' cabs from teh SD card. Also happned once for no apparent reason. All instances the screen would stop refreshing and when I pressed the pin for soft reset but it ended up hard reseting.

Never happened on any earlier releases, but have hd it happen 3 times since yesterday... so wondering what's up.

I am on the July 18th release
Old 07-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

-Black- is a n00b

ok quick question vets...

"8. How to make Opera my default web browser?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\: DEFBROWSER
"0"=Opera Browser
"1"=\Windows\OperaL.exe"

...will this registry edit make opera show up under the favorites tab on the today screen instead of internet explorer? if not, how can i change that or be able to add tabs to my today screen?

for instance, the default tabs are pics, music, phone, voicemail, time/alarm, text, email, calender, & favorites...
how can i add different tabs for opera, calculater, etc?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmoray View Post
I loaded the new ROM (tfd3d) on my system. I notice it is an older tfd3d. No calendar tab, and no customization in the setting stab. Is there an update to add that functionality?
No...there probably will not be a simple update. This is v1 of TFlo3d/Manilla. You don't get the calendar and stock tabs until v2. To my knowledge, Mighty has not yet used v2 in any of his ROM's. The problem is that no devices have really shipped with v2, so there is not a stable enough version that Mike will include.

You can search around and probably find v2 on your own to install...either here or xda. I tried to install one once, and it didn't go so hot for me. Messed up TFlo pretty bad. Had to completely reinstall my customs and such.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

rathin1980 is a n00b

I was having the TP doing ICS with windows 7 and it stopped responding, when I did a soft reset it automatically did a hard reset + erased all my data in my 8GB flash card.

I have the 7/18 ROM.

any ideas why?

Thanks
Rathna
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development