N00b

bigknoxy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Small recap/update to my keyboard saga for anyone interested:

After flashing the latest MightyROM6, my hardware keyboard ceased to function entirely. I soft-reset, hard-reset, and reflashed with no improvement. I then flashed over to the latest Juicy, with the same result. I then flashed back to stock (ugh), and the keyboard worked flawlessly. I used it for a couple of hours, couldn't stand it, and flashed back to the latest MightyROM6 again to see if I could make it work, and now it's working flawlessly.

And, by flawlessly, I mean MightyROM6 is the best I've used yet. Best performance overall, and the texting speed is awesomely improved. I can manage without the character-counter in exchange for not having the screen displaying only the second word by the time I've already typed three sentences. Other than that, an extremely complete package, and I appreciate the re-inclusion of the EZInput. I tended to confuse myself trying to install various packages to get the right combo. Starting with something that's fully functional, especially with the symbol key, gets me going right. I use the \ key too often not to have that available.

Thanks Mike, as usual. Flashing back to stock for a couple of hours really showed me what I've come to rely on from you.
I have been having the same problem with my keyboard. I flashed the initial MightyROM6 don't think I had any problems. Then I did the 7-16-09 updated ROM and almost immediately had issues with my physical keyboard not working. So I was happy to see the 7-18-09 update and flashed that ROM within hours of it's release. Everything was silky smooth with this ROM until today, now I am having the same problem yet again.

Maybe it's something we have installed? What all have you installed on your device?