PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 05:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

HawaiianPunchMan is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 16th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

I'm about to flash onto a Sprint TP and was woundering what Pagepool is working for other sprint TP users. I heard and always used 24mb was the best for winmo 6.1 with the sprint version. Just woundering if I should tweak it for my first 6.5 flash.
Thanks.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Lurker

boomerxyz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
ok i've got one small thing thats getting me. I hate to point out the one small thing in an otherwise INCREDIBLE ROM...

When I go to send a text message (in threaded mode), normally I can just tap into the conversation and start typing away. now i actually have to tap into the typing sectin before it will start typing.

am i the only one noticing this?
I've had this issue with all the 6.5 roms (with the exception of version 1 of MightyRom6 - oddly it wasn't happening in that rom). You aren't imagining it. It is annoying, but I guess I got used to it.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianPunchMan View Post
I'm about to flash onto a Sprint TP and was woundering what Pagepool is working for other sprint TP users. I heard and always used 24mb was the best for winmo 6.1 with the sprint version. Just woundering if I should tweak it for my first 6.5 flash.
Thanks.
it really is fine like it is.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 07-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

This rom is good so far. No bad vibes like I got from the first MR6. Hope my good luck continues.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

canuckgeek is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Me and Rico as we speak are working on a doozie right now!!!
So I'm all ready to flash your July 16th ROM this am and I see this post.... Can you give us any clues? Just trying to figure if I should flash or wait.

Thanks for all of your great work, been running the ROM you did with silence for a while now but this looks like a very tempting upgrade
Old 07-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
so nobody read my post about the real rA icon fix? even cochoz mentioned my post? all you had to do was copy the file to your /windows directroy but NOT with file explorer wtf

actually read this post this time
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=16192
I downloaded the rar'd dll, unrared it, copied it to my phone, then used total commander to copy it to the Windows directory. I get no change. Total Commander also didn't seem to allow me to change the file name (I tried that first) as it just went back to the old one when I pressed enter. So perhaps it didn't really overwrite the file, and didn't tell me.

Scratch that - it did overwrite. I can tell because the old file size was 1.5M and the new one is 1.1M. But no rA icon.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Vlip3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
I actually just finished watching it

Although i am definitely not a fan of the color scheme... I really need to see this thing in person because right now... I'm not impressed.
Man, It has a much bigger screen, bigger and better keyboard, a 3.5mm headphone jack and fixes the one gripe I've had with the TP since day one, the external speaker volume! Even if this thing has a few minor drawbacks, it is the answer to ALL the hardware issues I've had with my TP. Unfortunately, I'm only 6 months into my 2-yr plan so I won't be getting one anytime soon (unless this one fails under warranty and VZW allows me to upgrade).
Old 07-17-2009, 08:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g

wdaniels2007 is just getting started

jshaas2, Yeah, I do clear storage twice after every rom update, but this was the 1st time I had the mulitple text issue from Mike's rom. I've heard other people talk about it, but it was a first for me. To be honest I don't have any other the other issues I here complains about and I install a good amount of additional cabs myself. Thanks for the info though and Mike also for another great rom update.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Vlip3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Does anyone else have the issue where you plug it into the wall and you get the connection type pop-up (activesync, storage card, internet sharing)? That's irritating.
I use a cradle I purchased online to charge my phone overnight and I've had it happen twice over the last couple of months but haven't seen it in weeks. The screen goes away almost immediately so I haven't been concerned.
I am running MR4 6_20_09. I tried MR5 and MR6 for one day each but since I run TF3D and have not had time to figure out how to customize the task bar with WM 6.5, I've stayed away. But, I hear such good things about the latest MR6 release that I plan to make the switch in the next few weeks.

Vlip3
Old 07-17-2009, 08:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
I downloaded the rar'd dll, unrared it, copied it to my phone, then used total commander to copy it to the Windows directory. I get no change. Total Commander also didn't seem to allow me to change the file name (I tried that first) as it just went back to the old one when I pressed enter. So perhaps it didn't really overwrite the file, and didn't tell me.

Scratch that - it did overwrite. I can tell because the old file size was 1.5M and the new one is 1.1M. But no rA icon.
Weird, several of us yesterday tried it and it worked fine. The Reg Edit is already in place. Not sure why yours didn't work, but the ones that worked on it yesterday all had positive results.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development