View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 06:25 PM
hamidxa
Regular 'Geeker

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapgal View Post
Well, in that case, the R3BORN was just a draw of luck... zero data usages shown.
Sprint is sometimes slow to update.
I once used up a Gig of data but it took them about 24 hours later to note it.

If you read their notice on the usage page about data tracking, it will state that the amounts of data used are not always up to date, or something to that effect.

But believe me, as Mighty also noted, Sprint DOES track data usage while tethering, whether you use the Phone as Modem option or the Data option.

However, also as Mighty noted, they don't seem to know HOW the data is being used if you use the *Data* option when tethering, since the hack takes care of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
I don't know what to tell you. As far as I know, it is supposed to tell you your data usage. And the tethering hack just allows you to pipe the phone's internal network access to your computer. So Sprint should see it as the same data access as if you were browsing the web on your phone. That it didn't show up on another ROM is perplexing to me. But I'd say you have nothing to worry about. In fact, be glad you have a means to monitor your data consumption. As you approach 5 gigs I would probably limit the tethering. Unlimited data means unlimited through the phone handset. Sprint knows that it is very uncommon to break 5 gigs a month if you are limited to the phone only. I think I've said enough...
Exactly.

Last edited by hamidxa; 08-03-2009 at 06:27 PM.