PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: verizon

madmarkeymark is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 7th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

I am having no issues with the screen turning off after 30 seconds with tom tom. I have used it while driving for an hour and it stayed on the entire time. This could be due to the fact that i have touch in call screen tweak installed. In its settings it has a selection for tom tom to override settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdonut View Post
Well I was playing around with mine and so far the screen hasn't dimmed or turned off for about two minutes now. I unchecked every power saving option under the power settings. I didn't install any apps to mess with the power setting. Did you check and make sure that you didn't leave the "Turn off device if not used for" option checked?

Edit: It's 12:34AM MST. I unchecked the battery backlight setting and left the "Turn off device if not used for" option checked, but I changed the time to 5 minutes. I'll see if the devices turns off like it should in 5 minutes. While I'm typing this 2 minutes have gone by and the display hasn't turned off.

Edit: It's now 12:38AM MST and the display is still on.

Edit: It's now 12:39AM MST and the display/phone has turned off. So I think the setting for the display/backlight turning off works as it should.

Edit: Well I unchecked the "Turn off device if not used for" option. I changed the backlight option to not turn off until 3 minutes have p***** and so far 2 minutes have p***** and my backlight hasn't turned off.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn89 View Post
The fact that your phone says "Security Unlocked" at the top has nothing to do with the flashability of your phone, IIRC. If the phone doesn't say SPL 0.37.CMONEX in the bootloader screen, then the SPL (unlock) didn't run correctly. The fact that your phone does not say this (I believe) means that your phone is still locked, and will not flash.

The goal is to get the phone to say "SPL 0.37.CMONEX" at the bootloader. If it doesn't say that, then you may be wasting your efforts by trying to continue and flash a rom.

Good luck, and keep at it.
BigJohn

Success!!!....for some i tried it again this morning w/o putting the phone into bootloader first and it worked like a charm. so i got it to unlock and was able to flash.

thank again for your help guys! I am still kind of a n00b. so maybe it was my lack of experience that i couldnt do it last night.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Carrier: Sprint

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmoray View Post
What is the difference between the Herman and Victor ROMS?
Herman = Touch Pro
Victor = Touch
Old 07-09-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

rkmoray is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rkmoray Send a message via MSN to rkmoray

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
Herman = Touch Pro
Victor = Touch
Thanks
Old 07-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjodotcom is just getting started

Mighty Mike,

I just wanted to say that I don't know how you do it, but it seems just about EVERY scrolling application works SOOO much better with this rom. I cannot begin to describe how frusterated I would get when using the stock rom and trying to scroll through contacts, Opera bookmarks, texts, etc - as 75% of the time stuff would get selected and opened instead of scrolling properly. Now - no issues whatsoever! Well done!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Texting seems to be freezing my phone with the new Rom. I must of soft reset no less than 5 times today because of this. At first I thought maybe it was Arcsoft so I uninstalled that, but nothing fixed. The freeze only happens with the sip keyboard, not hard. I was using MightyEZinput then I tried SPB keyboard with the same results. Anyone else having issues?
Yup, texting and twikini (twitter) it's doing that to me. Only complaint so far. I might reflash when I get home, see what that does for me.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero with Google

bwarce is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
Hmm. Speaking of completion - does anyone have the secret SIP/completion settings that make MR6 work like MR5 did with regard to entering recipients for e-mail and SMS? Specifically, the HTC suggestions that appear at the bottom with the left and right scroll buttons are what I want, not what looks like WM drop down below the To box. I think if I force it to be the HTC suggestions only then I won't have issues. If I use the settings I found earlier that make FingerKeyboard work, I don't have SMS number suggestion. And if I turn that on, it breaks things. I need to figure this out because I cannot send a text as it stands today. Not a HUGE emergency but it worked in MR5 so it should work in MR6.
I asked this same question some pages back and a bunch of people said theirs was working great including MightyMike. So what I did to fix my problem was uninstall FingerKybd and Juicy47 keyboard and do a reinstall of FingerKeyboad 2.1 without changing any setting while it is installing. You know how it takes you to the keyboard option screen to setup color, language, etc. then you apply and it finishes installing. Well I didnt mess with a thing just said ok and let it complete. Then started a text message and went to keyboard options and made my ajustment then. The 2 things that should now be check are under the HTC xT9 tab (SMS name suggestion and Text Wird Suggestion). Hope this help because this is all that I did to fix my problem.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g

wdaniels2007 is just getting started

Question, just updated to Mike's newest rom and using the default radio and wanted to know if there is anyone that is using Telus radio in the philly are and is it much of an improvement. Just testing the field without actually doing it. I used it a couple of roms back, but personally didn't notice much of a difference.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - 6.5/MIGHTY ROM
Carrier: SPRINT SERO Win!

xylene is a n00b

Has anyone been able to get MightyROM 6 to work with OZ Messenger on Sprint? I'm getting "The MD5 digests do not match (code: 403) error" - after signing in every time.

Is there another version of OZ Messenger for Sprint I should be using?

I know, I know... OZ Messenger isn't the best out there but it is the only Multi IM Client that seems to be SMS based (not constant data) which does not kill my battery quickly. It's great when you just want to leave it running in the background.

Other than that this Rom Rocks! Thanks Mighty Mike!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

diplomat2387 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to diplomat2387

Can't get Showaco Titanium Weather to work properly...I can't uninstall it either...How do I get it off my WM6.5 screen...?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development