PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz
Re: [April 25th, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

Oh man I feel your pain. Guess what. I had that KEEP happening to me when I was using Mighty Rom 4.16 I posted about it in this thread like 1000 pages back hehehe. My device kept hard resetting itself. I'd come back and it would be hard reset. Also the samething happened with my storage card at the sametime.

I ended up having to RMA my Touch Pro and get a new one and i got a new Card also.. I actually believe it was hard resetting because the SD card was bad.. I went and installed a game from the SD card, everything froze, next thing I know.. Your device is being provisioned for first use.

But your issue sounds almost exactly like mine.

I like to help people, thats why I asked for more info..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodies View Post
Well, I wasn't complaining that much--the ROM (MightyROM 5) is still working--it seems it hard reset itself this morning, though, so I need to reinstall the LilRico pack. All the GPS fixes I did are still in effect--Google Maps works.

When I said corrupted, I mean, it messed up my 8 GB microSD card. It wouldn't show as being installed. Then when I attached the card to my computer, it said it was unformatted, so I had to format it again. Nothing on the phone is messed up.

The phone was asleep and charging. I hooked it up to the charger when it gave me the "I'm turning off all your connections, because the battery is about to die" mesage. I turned back on the phone and data connections when I hooked up the power, and then went to sleep. I woke up and it was off. When I pressed the power button, it vibrated (turned on) and then gave me the calibration and alightment page. So it had hard reset when I turned it on.

It's not a big deal to me, but I guess you're interested. I'll answer anything else you've got.

Thanks for your interest.

Billy a.k.a. LordShadowz
Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Running Mighty Rom 5 (5/8/09)
Running Telus Radio 1.04.05v

My Custom R3BORN/MR5 TF3D mods- [HERE]
My MR5 Review

VERIZON TOUCH PRO USERS, go [HERE] for Help Installing and tweaking MIGHTY ROM4 R3BORN AND MIGHTY ROM 5 with ADDED RAM, NATIVE VzW apps, Tips, Bugs with fixes, GPS Issues and essential apps attached! Updated regularly with new Info. Last Update 5/13/09
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon touch pro
Carrier: verizon

yodies is a n00b

Ugh, I hope it's not an issue with my TouchPro, because it's got a blemish on the case that Verizon probably wouldn't like to take back.

So, do you know what the Server #3 means on LilRico's post on the first page? I'd really like to get everything set back up while I sit here with nothing to do.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodies View Post
Ugh, I hope it's not an issue with my TouchPro, because it's got a blemish on the case that Verizon probably wouldn't like to take back.

So, do you know what the Server #3 means on LilRico's post on the first page? I'd really like to get everything set back up while I sit here with nothing to do.
Don't worry about the blemish. Don't go into the store. Just call 611 and talk to a tech. He or she will automatically set up the RMA and ship you another device as long as you are paying monthly for the full coverage. Thats what I did. I told her I was very experienced with WM devices, this is whats happening and I've already hard reset, and run through steps to debug the problem. She immediately set up the RMA and shipped me a new device.. They had no refurbs in stock in the whole country. I had the new one in 2 days. Just make sure you Put the stock Verizon Radio back on, the stock Verizon ROM back on and relock the device before shipping it back in the box they provide.

As to Rico's server 3 I do not know. PM Rico about it.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Just to let everyone who is using Mighty ROM 4.16 & Mighty ROM 5 to know, DO NOT try to uninstall ANY programs with SKTools..... The default uninstaller is the way to go. What I've come across is that anytime you try to uninstall with SKTools the program doesn't get completely remove & the remaining bits & pieces cannot be removed without a hard reset.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon touch pro
Carrier: verizon

yodies is a n00b

I didn't opt for the insurance. Hopefully the hard reset is just a random thing.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: Sprint

airibis is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to airibis

hey it says it has pim backup on it

but i cant find it anywhere
Old 04-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Ship Jumper

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Where does it say that at? I heard Mighty mention something about implementing it in his next release a few pages back but I don't see it on his change log.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

doox00 is just getting started

pocketshield will not activate for me, just says to check internet connection, which is on.. anyone else having this problem?
Old 04-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Ship Jumper

It does that sometimes. Soft Reset & try again
Old 04-25-2009, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

doox00 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyman73 View Post
It does that sometimes. Soft Reset & try again
tried that, same thing
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development