PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 02:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

hamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuffhamidxa knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 7th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdonut View Post
Well I was playing around with mine and so far the screen hasn't dimmed or turned off for about two minutes now. I unchecked every power saving option under the power settings. I didn't install any apps to mess with the power setting. Did you check and make sure that you didn't leave the "Turn off device if not used for" option checked?

Edit: It's 12:34AM MST. I unchecked the battery backlight setting and left the "Turn off device if not used for" option checked, but I changed the time to 5 minutes. I'll see if the devices turns off like it should in 5 minutes. While I'm typing this 2 minutes have gone by and the display hasn't turned off.

Edit: It's now 12:38AM MST and the display is still on.

Edit: It's now 12:39AM MST and the display/phone has turned off. So I think the setting for the display/backlight turning off works as it should.
Follow up

I unchecked all of the boxes:
Turn off Device if not used for ...
Turn off Backlight if not used for ...

Rebooted to ensure that the settings stick.

Ran TomTom (7.915), and yet still, after 30 seconds, the screen turns off after no physical activity (i.e. no touching).
Not only TomTom, but every other app also exhibits this problem.

Last edited by hamidxa; 07-09-2009 at 02:46 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:45 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredC01 View Post
Okay, is the lag issue with text messaging a WM6 issue, or an issue with Arcsoft? After an uninstall of Arcsoft, it still takes an extended amount of time before I can use the phone again when even just CHECKING text messages (not including sending them).

It's getting to the point where it's taking over 2 minutes to become functional again after hitting the "OK" button in the top right corner while in a text message. If I can't get it fixed, I may have to try a different ROM... :\
i have heard several ppl say that turning off the threaded text messages resolves this. Ive been running into it throughout today, although I must say that it hasnt been consistent. sometimes it closes out insane fast, other times it takes a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezeit View Post
Loving the rom the more i use it, titanium has won me over. However, couple things that bother me:
1. keyboard still lags when texting, the input cannot catch up to my typing and im not typing super fast. But right now as i type this in opera the input is perfectly responsive.
turning off the word completion gets rid of the keyboard lag COMPLETELY in text messages.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

darkdonut is a n00b

Found this. I've never used TomTom before, but let me know if this helps.

Here's the thread I found:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=412321

The specific post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...89&postcount=7
Old 07-09-2009, 02:57 AM
N00b

BigJohn89 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doireallyhavetodothis View Post
How did you do it and what version are you using? I have 4.2, the fix file, and I can get the weather to show up in the today screen but if I click on the bar from the today page it says it cannot download data and shows a full screen with a x on it.
I believe what you are seeing is the Radar viewer. You need to feed URLs into this in order for them to download correctly. Post #15707 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=15707) states to get the URLs from Accuweather's site directly (the radar images of your choice). You should then feed them into Titanium Weather by doing this:

1. Scroll to TW on the today screen.
2. Flip to the TitaniumRADAR page.
3. Tap the page to open TitaniumRADAR. You'll probably get the "unable to download" error - tap through it.
4. In the Radar page (the one with the X in the upper-right corner) , tap and hold the screen to bring up the menu.
5. Tap on Edit URLs.
6. Tap on Add New URL
7. Add your URL into this screen and tap Save.
8. Go back to the Radar page, tap and hold, and select refresh this image. In a few seconds, your radar image will show on the screen.

One word of advice. I search for my links on the PC and copy them into a notepad file I then copy over to the phone. Im mobile Word, I select and copy the link. The Add new URL screen won't let you tap and hold to bring up a paste menu, but CTRL-V from the keyboard works to paste the link.

Good luck!

BigJohn

Last edited by BigJohn89; 07-09-2009 at 03:00 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:22 AM
Lurker

darkdonut is a n00b

Which radar picture is the best to use? The one I found was a url link for a gif file, but the image doesn't loop like it does on the webpage.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:29 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Anyone know what version of opera is in MR6, Im trying to hunt it down...
Old 07-09-2009, 04:02 AM
Lurker

darkdonut is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
Ver 9.5 Build 16643
Old 07-09-2009, 04:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work
Exclamation HTC CAMERA cab or possibly update for next/later release.

Ok, so I just came back to 6.5 from Mighty4 and really loving the speed compared to the older Mighty5 roms. MIKE, I noticed that you removed the additional capture options on the camera when you went from the R3BORN to the Finalization of the 4 series of roms. I was wondering if there was an issue with the other modes or what the reasoning was behind remove them??

I, like many others have kids, they are ALWAYS moving so it's damn near impossible to get great pics with good cameras and IMPOSSIBLE with the camera on our phones.... that is UNLESS YOU USE THE BURST mode of capture. I could always snap 5 or 6 pictures, grab the good one and it was great.

Now that the options are gone, the camera is pretty much useless unless taking pictures of a statue.

So, could you expand on the reason the options were removed and perhaps point those of us who actually like using the camera features for more than a flash light or still photos can take good pictures again.

Thanks for the superb work on speeding 6.5 up, I can stick with this now.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:21 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Ver 9.5 Build 16643
you sure? i just installed it and its way different than the one thats on mr6.... or is there two???
Old 07-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ver 9.5 Build 16643
Quote:
you sure? i just installed it and its way different than the one thats on mr6.... or is there two???
You mean you installed Opera 9.5 Build 16643 on a different ROM from MR6 and it doesn't look the same? I can confirm MR6 has that version and build on it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development