PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Hamelin@gmail.com is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.24.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21234 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
You should have really researched this before posting cuz now your gonna get pooped on.

Anyways, there is nothing wrong with what you flashed. This rom is based of windows 6.5 so do a search and see the different GUI. Also if you go into setting and today, you can cant disable the new 6.5 today screen and enable the TouchFlo. As for the start menu looking different that is also a new thing. There are cabs floating around to revert you back to the old start menu.

Get ready to duck!!!
I looked around as much as I could but this forum is such a random jumble of information it's hard to find anything useful. I couldn't find any topics recommending what ROM to install and the first posts of thread only have changelogs and a bunch of themes, not any useful information on why you would want to pick one version over another.

And search seems to be disabled.

I don't mean to be blunt, but instead of saying those cabs are floating around, could you maybe give me some useful links or something?

Last edited by Hamelin@gmail.com; 05-25-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:27 PM
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to rezn
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.24.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21234 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamelin@gmail.com View Post
I looked around as much as I could but this forum is such a random jumble of information it's hard to find anything useful. I couldn't find any topics recommending what ROM to install and the first posts of thread only have changelogs and a bunch of themes, not any useful information on why you would want to pick one version over another.

Each ROM is different and each user is different. You have to find a ROM that suits your needs.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Medic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good work

Quote:

I don't mean to be blunt, but instead of saying those cabs are floating around, could you maybe give me some useful links or something?
Yeah 4.16 is the what I guess you would call Mighty's last 6.1 based rom. After 4.16 came reborn rom which already incorporated 6.5 features.

I'm sure if you google windows 6.5 you could find just as much info. Give the new rom some time and in my opinion it is easier to navigate than 6.1. I like the start menu better since you can get to things with less presses.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezn View Post
Each ROM is different and each user is different. You have to find a ROM that suits your needs.
Yeah, that's helpful. What I was saying is there doesn't seem to be any concise, useful resource to help someone figure out what ROM does what and why one would be better for someone than another one. This whole forum is fairly chaotic when it comes to finding information.

I don't mean to disparage anything but it really is rather difficult finding useful information. I surely can't be expected to read through the entirety of a 1000+ page thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic View Post
Yeah 4.16 is the what I guess you would call Mighty's last 6.1 based rom. After 4.16 came reborn rom which already incorporated 6.5 features.

I'm sure if you google windows 6.5 you could find just as much info. Give the new rom some time and in my opinion it is easier to navigate than 6.1. I like the start menu better since you can get to things with less presses.
Well, there doesn't seem to be any logical organization to the icons in the start menu, it's definitely not in alphabetical order.

Last edited by Hamelin@gmail.com; 05-25-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:33 PM
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to rezn

Quote:
Yeah, that's helpful. What I was saying is there doesn't seem to be any concise, useful resource to help someone figure out what ROM does what and why one would be better for someone than another one. This whole forum is fairly chaotic when it comes to finding information.

I don't mean to disparage anything but it really is rather difficult finding useful information. I surely can't be expected to read through the entirety of a 1000+ page thread.
Dude.. each ROM is different.. they have there own variations. This forum is well organized and the MODs ensure topics are in the right places. You want a recommendation then that is just one person or a few peoples opinions based on what they like. You have to decide for yourself. Pick one.. mess with it.. try another do the same thing. Eventually you will find one that you like.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

Quote:

I don't mean to disparage anything but it really is rather difficult finding useful information. I surely can't be expected to read through the entirety of a 1000+ page thread.Well, there doesn't seem to be any logical organization to the icons in the start menu, it's definitely not in alphabetical order.
You're really not going to find more info. Your best bet is to just try each one out or cook one up yourself. It doesn't take long to flash, check out, and decide which one you like best.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
sdconfig, sdconfig, sdconfig. Search for it, and also provisioning.xml. Must have tools for a flashaholic!!!
Any "Provisioning.xml for Dummies" websites (links) out there? I've got the sdconfig.txt down pat!
Old 05-25-2009, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Windows 6.5 is Microsoft's attempt at a 'finger friendly' menu like the iPhone. You can switch back to the TF3D by going to the today settings and pick Touch Flo 3D. As for the start menu, it's a big strange at first, but once you get used to it, it's not bad. Flick your finger and it scrolls up one page at at time. It does make it easier to pick the right thing. There is a cab (which I haven't used) to revert back to the old style. It was rather frustrating with my fat fingers to hit it just right anyway. I like the new style. One hint that might help (it did with me). Use File Explorer and create a new folder in the \windows\start menu\programs folder. Call it something like 'Utilities'. Then move all the shortcuts that you don't use every day into that folder. When you're done, you'll only have to flip up and down once to see the entire start menu (along with the Utilities' folder being shown). Fewer items means less frustration to find what you want. I moved all the junk that I never use into that folder.

As for finding cab files. Listen carefully. It's easier than you think. First... go back to the main listing for all the threads, find the link for Mighty's thread. Over on the right side, you'll see the word "files" along with little stars. Click the 'files' link. POOF ... you will see a list of every cab file that anyone has posted within that thread. Download to your hearts content. NOTE: It only shows attached files, not links to other sites for downloads. The search will work, but you gotta use works longer than 3 characters and with so many posts, you get lots of results.

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Lurker

I'm going to stick with MightyROM5. Could someone point me in the right direction to get the Start Menu organized either in alphabetical order or similar to how it was on the Stock ROM?

I also noticed that while Opera is the default browser, all the links from my text messages still open up Internet Explorer, is there a fix for that also?

That attachment list isn't very helpful without any context as to what the attached files are. If it linked back to the post the file was attached to that would be a little better I suppose.

Last edited by Hamelin@gmail.com; 05-25-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

Quote:
I'm going to stick with MightyROM5. Could someone point me in the right direction to get the Start Menu organized either in alphabetical order or similar to how it was on the Stock ROM?

I also noticed that while Opera is the default browser, all the links from my text messages still open up Internet Explorer, is there a fix for that also?

That attachment list isn't very helpful without any context as to what the attached files are. If it linked back to the post the file was attached to that would be a little better I suppose.
iv noticed several people have helped you out with your whining about roms and you havent thanked any of them.... if they have cleared things up a little so you could read less, show your appreciation.

as for the new start menu you can also organize any one of the icons in whichever order you wish, simply hold on the icon until a popup appears and click move to top, then use your noggin and shuffle to your liking.

Last edited by beefcakeb0; 05-25-2009 at 03:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development