View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 02:47 PM
JohnBecker
PPCGeeks Regular

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.24.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21234 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamelin@gmail.com View Post
I looked around as much as I could but this forum is such a random jumble of information it's hard to find anything useful. I couldn't find any topics recommending what ROM to install and the first posts of thread only have changelogs and a bunch of themes, not any useful information on why you would want to pick one version over another.

And search seems to be disabled.

I don't mean to be blunt, but instead of saying those cabs are floating around, could you maybe give me some useful links or something?
Windows 6.5 is Microsoft's attempt at a 'finger friendly' menu like the iPhone. You can switch back to the TF3D by going to the today settings and pick Touch Flo 3D. As for the start menu, it's a big strange at first, but once you get used to it, it's not bad. Flick your finger and it scrolls up one page at at time. It does make it easier to pick the right thing. There is a cab (which I haven't used) to revert back to the old style. It was rather frustrating with my fat fingers to hit it just right anyway. I like the new style. One hint that might help (it did with me). Use File Explorer and create a new folder in the \windows\start menu\programs folder. Call it something like 'Utilities'. Then move all the shortcuts that you don't use every day into that folder. When you're done, you'll only have to flip up and down once to see the entire start menu (along with the Utilities' folder being shown). Fewer items means less frustration to find what you want. I moved all the junk that I never use into that folder.

As for finding cab files. Listen carefully. It's easier than you think. First... go back to the main listing for all the threads, find the link for Mighty's thread. Over on the right side, you'll see the word "files" along with little stars. Click the 'files' link. POOF ... you will see a list of every cab file that anyone has posted within that thread. Download to your hearts content. NOTE: It only shows attached files, not links to other sites for downloads. The search will work, but you gotta use works longer than 3 characters and with so many posts, you get lots of results.

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!
This post has been thanked 2 times.