PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
OMJ,

Any chance we r gettin' an update soon based off Mik's 4.5? Asking cause he made a change that moved everything for the rosie into rosie.apk and no longer requires any changes to com.htc.resource.apk in order to change the rosie

... if not, can I simply grab the com.htc.resource.apk and rosie.apk from his Rom and replace them in ur Rom.zip or push them to my phone? Will that work?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Have you checked out the thread? He's cutting edge for sure, but several peps are having issues. There are alot of dependencies that float back and forth between all of the stock sys sense apk's that make what you are talking about dicey - unless of course you have another phone to rely on daily lol.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
yep, I didn't see much of a change.....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...faster-3g.html

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/carrier-di...d-devices.html

there's alot of mixed results...
My thread that you mentioned definately helps the streaming problem but I didn't see any change in download speeds.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk Pro

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 02-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas123 View Post
Have you checked out the thread? He's cutting edge for sure, but several peps are having issues. There are alot of dependencies that float back and forth between all of the stock sys sense apk's that make what you are talking about dicey - unless of course you have another phone to rely on daily lol.
OMJ already uses Aamikam's base to build his rom and it is very stable. You are correct as far as some of the dependencies but none of the ones that cause problems by being left out are left out in OMJ's rom ... don't think Mik leaves out any necessary ones either but haven't read his whole thread.

As far as the rosie, Mik simply moved some of the files (pngs and maybe some xmls) out of com.htc.resources.apk and put them in the rosie.apk so ppl could modify the rosie easier and not have to mess up any other theme stuff (or lack thereof) that reside in com.htc.resources.apk

Old 02-13-2011, 09:41 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
OMJ already uses Aamikam's base to build his rom and it is very stable. You are correct as far as some of the dependencies but none of the ones that cause problems by being left out are left out in OMJ's rom ... don't think Mik leaves out any necessary ones either but haven't read his whole thread.

As far as the rosie, Mik simply moved some of the files (pngs and maybe some xmls) out of com.htc.resources.apk and put them in the rosie.apk so ppl could modify the rosie easier and not have to mess up any other theme stuff (or lack thereof) that reside in com.htc.resources.apk

I dont follow aamikams thread but maybe his v4.5 is having issues.....i emailed aamikam but he does not have a stock theme for his 4.5 yet, so I wont be updating now.

I really HATE using someone else base, I dont like relying on their releases....as u all know I'm only using his base because of his re-engineering....as soon as gingerbread is leaked, I'll be switching.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Gingerbread as in 2.3 or 2.4??

Quote:
.as soon as gingerbread is leaked, I'll be switching.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:17 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
Gingerbread as in 2.3 or 2.4??
whichever....I'm ready for a new OS, oh and a new sense too
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I dont follow aamikams thread but maybe his v4.5 is having issues.....i emailed aamikam but he does not have a stock theme for his 4.5 yet, so I wont be updating now.

I really HATE using someone else base, I dont like relying on their releases....as u all know I'm only using his base because of his re-engineering....as soon as gingerbread is leaked, I'll be switching.
Cool can't wait for GB and I'm with u as far as keeping stock theme and then just tweaking what I want ... and besides, mostly stock, stable and fast is classic OMJ!

As far as his 4.5, I did some reading in his thread and there was a bunch of talk about GPS not working while playing music and I mean massive amounts of posts ... turns out it is present even in stock roms ... only causes problems when using both nav and music with speaker on. If bluetooth or headset is used then problem goes away. They tracked it down to the speaker interfering with GPS signal when turned up loud. From what I could tell, all other issues appeared to be from ppl using different kernels other than stock or some tweaking/theme issues so I think his base is still rock solid ... fyi

Old 02-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So OMJ, you will be cooking something fresh for us then? If so, can't wait.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

Quote:
Cool can't wait for GB and I'm with u as far as keeping stock theme and then just tweaking what I want ... and besides, mostly stock, stable and fast is classic OMJ!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Alright, so Ive been away from these forums for months, so excuse me if this has been answered before. But, what's up with the GPS? If using Google Nav it takes a long time to lock in on my location. And if I use Foursquare theres times where it puts me way off from where I am and sometimes wont refresh. Any clues?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development