PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 05:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.4 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 12/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck12 View Post
was just messing aorund a bit dl the rom again. Is everyone using the Kernel that from 4.3 or something else?
i dunno but this is what im using
[KERNEL][SENSE] - SBC. Update: 12/25/10! Everything v7-BC kernel v8! - xda-developers

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 12-31-2010, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
How did I ever doubt Old "The Man" J !!!

By your screen I'm sure you are in the same line of work and use airplane mode frequently as I do... If you mod your widget.txt to include airplane mode and actually put your phone in a/p mode from the notif bar it will work but after you have done so, 4G will not turn on at all. It tries and acts as if it's going to but then reverts back to off. It will then take a re-boot to get things squared away. JsChiSurf ported this from Cyan which is an AOSP rom (of course) so he thinks the code in this mod is putting the phone in a/p mode differently than the way either the power button or the HTC A/P mode toggle are doing. This was not an issue of course in Cyan's orig code b/c they did not and do not have 4G so there was nothing for the code to screw with. 4G will work fine and everthing else with this mod that I'm aware of except this one little screwy deal b/c it was JsChiSurf who added the 4G for us so I simply either use the power button or the HTC toggle to get in a/p mode until JsChiSurf gets around to looking into the code and maybe re-writing it for the a/p mode toggle.
ah ok, well i'll not use that switch then and just use the long power one until there's a fix
you would think airpline mode is airplane mode not '**** with your 10 buck a month fee' mode lol
Old 12-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
Hey Karl,

How's that kernel running for you? I have been following that thread since before he moved to the DEV forum but haven't tried it. I read something the other day that the most likely reason HTC doesn't write the code this way to begin with is that our batteries will have shortened life if they are constantly charged to full capacity??? I'm on the Sprint 2600mah ext batt so I get through a whole day with stock but would always be nice to get more! ... have you seen any other issues with this kernel on OMJ 4.4? ... and heck, if it does decrease batt life but it still lasts a year or two then I wouldn't give a crap about having to buy another batt down the road for much better "daily" life as opposed to long term batt life.

Edit: Here is the article I was talking about...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hp?t=871051%20

What is your take?

@OMJ... your take?

Last edited by Vancer; 12-31-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond

minkus82 is a n00b

I cant for the life of me get 4.4 to install
Old 12-31-2010, 04:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Hey Karl,

How's that kernel running for you? I have been following that thread since before he moved to the DEV forum but haven't tried it. I read something the other day that the most likely reason HTC doesn't write the code this way to begin with is that our batteries will have shortened life if they are constantly charged to full capacity??? I'm on the Sprint 2600mah ext batt so I get through a whole day with stock but would always be nice to get more! ... have you seen any other issues with this kernel on OMJ 4.4? ... and heck, if it does decrease batt life but it still lasts a year or two then I wouldn't give a crap about having to buy another batt down the road for much better "daily" life as opposed to long term batt life.

Edit: Here is the article I was talking about...

Your battery gauge is lying to you (and it's not such a bad thing) - xda-developers

What is your take?

@OMJ... your take?
I like it so far

before i started to use this kernel i would only have about 19% at about 8pm now at about 8pm with new kernel i get about 42% and i use my fone heavily

as for your post about killing the batt that really doesnt matter me to much i would much rather have a battery that last a year but my fone is on all day then having a battery last me 3 years and my fones always dead
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I tried it three times. Here is how I did it.

1: Downloaded the new rom to PC and transfered it to my phone (DUH!)

2: Went to ROM manager (if you are running any of OMJ's Roms it's already there) and then hit install from SD card.

Now, when I did this I got "Error in line three." So I backed out and tried again with the same result.

IF this is happening to you, you will be in the loading menu and just install from the SD card, find the file and install it (pray while doing it, it can't hurt).

I am running 4.4 and I see a nice battery increase and the phone is faster then the other roms he's put out.
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond

minkus82 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
I tried it three times. Here is how I did it.

1: Downloaded the new rom to PC and transfered it to my phone (DUH!)

2: Went to ROM manager (if you are running any of OMJ's Roms it's already there) and then hit install from SD card.

Now, when I did this I got "Error in line three." So I backed out and tried again with the same result.

IF this is happening to you, you will be in the loading menu and just install from the SD card, find the file and install it (pray while doing it, it can't hurt).

I am running 4.4 and I see a nice battery increase and the phone is faster then the other roms he's put out.
Did you wipe? I've tried about 10 times now without wiping and its a no go.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

09busa is a n00b

4.4 will not install at all. Just aborts!!!!!.......... Looking forward to a fix so I can install.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Hawaii Tom is just getting started

Running 4.3. I see that you added Hulu... but why? When I go there it says "Unfortunately, Hulu is not supported on your platform. We apologize for any inconvenience." I'm still waiting for PlayOn to finish their Android app as well.
Happy New Year everybody, by the way!
Old 01-01-2011, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

No wipe, just prayed.

Try to do a wipe, it can't hurt anything. Just do a backup first.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development