PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 01:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.9 | FroYo 3.30.651.3 | *Updated 11/15/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadfullyDespized View Post
My only issue is with 3.9 my MMS messages aren't saying that they ever go through... also what is the wimax notifier?

Well when attempting to check the picturemail website of sprint I noticed that they are currently down right now... So that kind of explains the issue with the not being able to send picturemail. As for wimax I researched and found out... I love the red and green alternating for messages.. TIS THE SEASON!! OMJ thanks again for a great release. Also good to see another person from Minnesota!
I have the same question... What the hell is that WiMax notifier

It's supposed to give you choices of different blinking patterns to MMS messages?? Choices are only Green, Green, Green, Yellow and Orange.. I don't see much use for it... I hate the constant popup indicating a mms came in.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:23 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadfullyDespized View Post
... also what is the wimax notifier?
Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post

It's supposed to give you choices of different blinking patterns to MMS messages?? Choices are only Green, Green, Green, Yellow and Orange.. I don't see much use for it... I hate the constant popup indicating a mms came in.
There is a second light next to the forward facing camera that is currently not being used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That0neUser View Post
On a different note, I found out something new-to-me the other day reading some XDA forums... There is a second LED on the right side of the earpiece on the Evo. I tried out the app that allows it to work with SMS/MMS messaging and it's pretty cool. Still limited to the three colors (orange/red/green) as the other LED, but they're different shades of those colors. Been using it and it's pretty nifty if you like a separate light to let ya know when you have a text message, versus e-mail/voicemail/missed call. Don't need to be rooted for it, and it's easily uninstalled if you don't care for it.

Here's the link:
[App Project][Update 09/06/10] WiMAX Message Notifier - xda-developers

Old 11-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Anyone else notice that when your screen is locked and you unlock it, the flip clock is around an hour behind and flips to the right time? Just wondering if that's normal.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Anyone else notice that when your screen is locked and you unlock it, the flip clock is around an hour behind and flips to the right time? Just wondering if that's normal.
Mine does that too...I think its normal. That happened on my Diamond as well so I guess thats why I think its normal.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo 4G

Brandon.Rush is a n00b

Anyone having extremely poor battery life on the new deodexed rom??!!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon.Rush View Post
Will have to see throughout today and I will report back. My phone just went green so I'll take it off now and let you know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:31 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Will the flip clock still work on riptides theme?
it depends....check the riptide package to see it includes HtcClockWidget.apk @ system/app

if it does, it will overwrite the HtcClockWidget.apk I included for the flip clock, if it doesn't, u should be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za33cK View Post
I'm using OMJ 3.7 build with nets 4.2.1 beta less agg, i run nexus live wallpaper with the clock animations and everything is zippy fast, when i jumped to OMJ 3.8 and 3.8x everything wasnt the same, it got choppy with the animations, like the nexus light beams ran slow and weather looked choppy going across the screen, what is the reason for this, and what kernals do you recomend with your newer builds, thanks for any info
I still use the stock kernel myself

Quote:
Thanks.. Do you have a link to the "rooted stock rom". If I install that rom it will remove the signature on the ABOUT PHONE and make it appear as a stock phone, right?

Yes, I meant Micro SD. sorry...

Thanks.

EDIT:
is the rooted stock rom Froyo?
I would use this one....

http://www.joeyconway.me/evo/jk/jk-o...dex-signed.zip

from this thread....

[ROM] joeykrim-SDX-original-4.5 Odex *Stock Rooted 3.30.651.2* Oct 27th 2010 - xda-developers

and yes, it's froyo & you want a odexed rooted stock rom

Quote:

just to elaborate on sanmanc's comment, wimax notifier uses that 2nd LED on the right side for text notification

Quote:
yep, it's normal....and yeah, it was the same on the Diamond.....1 hr 2 seconds, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon.Rush View Post
mine does seem to be draining abit quicker today.....I just got the RUU for .3, I'm gonna re-cook based on the RUU for v4.0
Old 11-17-2010, 01:48 PM
N00b

Brandon.Rush is a n00b

thanks omj hopefully that will make a difference every rom has been great so far!!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:49 PM
N00b

Brandon.Rush is a n00b

Quote:
Will have to see throughout today and I will report back. My phone just went green so I'll take it off now and let you know.

thanks jay looks like omj is gonna recook a different RUU to fix the problem, still let me know how you make out
Old 11-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My battery drained fast this morning, its at 28%

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development