PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 04:42 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.9 | FroYo 3.30.651.3 | *Updated 11/15/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon.Rush View Post
thanks omj hopefully that will make a difference every rom has been great so far!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
My battery drained fast this morning, its at 28%
I was using my phone pretty heavily yesterday w/ navigation, and today the mail servers for my email accounts are down, so that may be part of my drain.....anyways, I did a hot restart & the drain seemed to be much slower......still working on v4.0, should be ready soon
Old 11-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo 4g omj 3.9 rom(no sense)-netarchy 4.2.1 kernal
Carrier: sprint

chrisnc84 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Do you think you could add swype in 4.0?
Old 11-17-2010, 05:54 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

hey OMJ. havent bothered rooting my evo until yesterday. loved your diamond roms and am liking your evo room too. I'm down to about 50 percent battery after about 3 hours of standard to heavy usage. looking forward to your next one too! (swypeless of course since most people dont use that kb)

edit. also wanted to make a note that Wimax Notifier crashes a lot.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnc84 View Post
Do you think you could add swype in 4.0?
he can not
its a copy protected app that would be against forums laws
Old 11-17-2010, 06:11 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
he can not
its a copy protected app that would be against forums laws
actually, our site owner, Wideawake has given permission to post swype until he receives a C&D. But I wont be including anyways.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:20 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ's EVO 2.2 FroYo v4.0
Deodexed w/ Stock Kernel

(If you get garbage on the Download link, right click on the link, save as)

DOWNLOAD

11/17 Updates v4.0

-Based on 3.30.651.3 RUU
-Updated Google Maps to 4.7.0
-Updated Qik to 4.60.2
-Updated Facebook to 1.4.1
-Updated Titanium Backup 3.6.0
-Updated Rom Manager 2.5.0.7

Odex coming soon
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
actually, our site owner, Wideawake has given permission to post swype until he receives a C&D. But I wont be including anyways.
Mmmmm, I received a C & D the other night,
Erie Brewing Company's Ol' Red Cease and Desist - Beer Suggest
it was delicious!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:03 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.0 | FroYo 3.30.651.3 | *Updated 11/17/10*

OMJ's EVO 2.2 FroYo v4.0
Odexed w/ Stock Kernel

(If you get garbage on the Download link, right click on the link, save as)

DOWNLOAD

11/17 Updates v4.0

-Based on 3.30.651.3 RUU
-Updated Google Maps to 4.7.0
-Updated Qik to 4.60.2
-Updated Facebook to 1.4.1
-Updated Titanium Backup 3.6.0
-Updated Rom Manager 2.5.0.7
Old 11-17-2010, 08:14 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

new to root so 4.0 is my second ROM on my EVO. I noticed Titanium Backup did not restore my personal settings. Is it supposed to or should I find something else for that? I'm referring to my ringtones, bookmarks, handcent settings, ect...
Old 11-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
new to root so 4.0 is my second ROM on my EVO. I noticed Titanium Backup did not restore my personal settings. Is it supposed to or should I find something else for that? I'm referring to my ringtones, bookmarks, handcent settings, ect...
I use Tibackup for every flash (and that's a lot).
It depends on how you backed up and how you are trying to restore.
First I would ensure you have an updated busybox, Click Problems? on the main screen of Tibackup and dl a version of busybox. It may already be in the ROM but I'd do it anyway to be safe.
Tibackup has a ton of settings and will backup all your apps. Personally I've never looked for the ringtone backup-it may/may not be in there.
It does do bookmarks, emails, contacts, etc.
I dont use handcent but like I said, it will backup all your apps so it should back that up too.

Under Menu hit Batch and this will give you options for mass backup and restore.
As a backup I run Backup all System Data and Apps just to cover my bases. I almost never restore System Data so as to not bring something "old" into the new ROM.
When I restore I run the batch for Apps

Another option may be to look through the wiki here
HomePage : Titanium Backup - Wiki

I'd suggest getting the paid version-it's pricey as far as apps go $6-$7, but well worth it IMO. It will make restoring much quicker.

Mybackup is another popular backup app.
Hope that helps and welcome to the party!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development