PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!! TP2 Toughbook CF19 Sprint WWAN
Carrier: SPRINT

morganlowe is keeping up the good workmorganlowe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I must be losing my mind, lol....I have flashed a few stock 3.28 roms just for testing, but all my added extra apps keeping showing up, even after wiping b4 & after......I'm wondering if it has something to do w/ app2sd.....I don't know alot about it, but it is in the ROM, so my guess is somehow the apps were moved to my sd card & that is why I keep seeing them......regardless, each ROM I tested, I could not get wifi tether to work. Tried w/ the stock kernel, kings #9, and whichever one is included w/ the steelH base ROM. I've tried wifi 2.0.5 pre 8 & 9...

Does USB Tether work? I used it more than wireless because I can plug it into my router, charge it, and use it with everything on my network when I have a Comcastrophy.

Ask me about cutting Vinyl Stickers in a PM!
Old 09-18-2010, 03:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
I must be losing my mind, lol....I have flashed a few stock 3.28 roms just for testing, but all my added extra apps keeping showing up, even after wiping b4 & after......I'm wondering if it has something to do w/ app2sd.....I don't know alot about it, but it is in the ROM, so my guess is somehow the apps were moved to my sd card & that is why I keep seeing them......regardless, each ROM I tested, I could not get wifi tether to work. Tried w/ the stock kernel, kings #9, and whichever one is included w/ the steelH base ROM. I've tried wifi 2.0.5 pre 8 & 9...

you need to wipe sd partition with app2sd ( app2sd is only active if you have partitioned you sd card)
if its a stock rom it shouldn't have app2sd even on it so your apps shouldn't even appear

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 09-18-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
I can't flash to recovery! I am trying to load some stuff from Caulkin and um....

I press and hold the DOWN button on the right side of the phone, then press the POWER button for a few seconds. I then wait for the white screen and I scroll down to RECOVERY. I then hit the power button and then I get a red triangle with a ! in the middle.

I have to pull the battery to get it to start. Am I doing anything wrong?
You're doing it right T but you've somehow managed to lose your Recovery image. The simplest fix may be to re-flash Clockwork from ROM Manager. If you want amon RA go back to ROM Manager after the Clockwork installs and select Flash Alternate Recovery.
btw-once you get it back use Quickboot-should be included in the ROM but is in the Market-to boot right into Recovery, Bootloader, or to do a simple Reboot from within Android.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I apologize if this as been answered already!? But at the front page there a FAQ but it only has the answer for streaming music & the mere fact that I haven't been on the site for nearly a month and a hlaf, and searching through 400 odd pages would prove be very troublesome!? My question; does the 4G work for this OMJ Rom?
Old 09-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
I apologize if this as been answered already!? But at the front page there a FAQ but it only has the answer for streaming music & the mere fact that I haven't been on the site for nearly a month and a hlaf, and searching through 400 odd pages would prove be very troublesome!? My question; does the 4G work for this OMJ Rom?
LOL, yes it does.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:04 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brybo86 View Post
Are your apps in the system part of the roms or the data part.... I was talking with squat about what they came unde
r?
the apps I add go into the data partition, but I am considering moving them into the system partition....I'm not sure which would be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Dear Jesus,

Please help OMJ fix these minor problems. We ask that you secure his mind and make things easy for him, so that we can hack our phones with pure joy and excitement without lacking WiFi, 4G and other things we need. We ask that you send the right kernel that will work perfectly beyond our & OMJ's expectations. Also Lord, we ask that you make his transition to MN easy and that you would prosper him in all he does.

In Your Precious Name we pray.

Amen.

(sincere)
lol, well it's Sunday, maybe your prayers will be answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganlowe View Post
Does USB Tether work? I used it more than wireless because I can plug it into my router, charge it, and use it with everything on my network when I have a Comcastrophy.
actually I have not tested, but if it doesn't I've seen a fix posted somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
you need to wipe sd partition with app2sd ( app2sd is only active if you have partitioned you sd card)
if its a stock rom it shouldn't have app2sd even on it so your apps shouldn't even appear
I figured u might know as you were wanting app2sd to badly.....like I said I dont know much about it....a few months ago I partitioned my sd card when trying to get app2sd working on Eclair, so you think the apps automatically moved to sd? cuz I didn't do anything to move them. That's what makes this so strange, I flash a stock ROM & the apps still appear.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work

So OMJ is actively working on pushing out a 3.28 update?
Old 09-19-2010, 11:52 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
So OMJ is actively working on pushing out a 3.28 update?
indeed I am
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
indeed I am
Thanks Ken. Looking forward to it!
Old 09-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
indeed I am
Good deal. Does 3.28 incorporate the new kernel of 2.6.34?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development