PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 12:05 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/30/10*

well it turns out my added apps are indeed on the sd card. I flashed the stock 3.28 ROM, added apps were there, pulled my sd card, apps gone. wiped sd ext partition from recovery, apps still there, so I guess I need to use the app2sd to wipe.

I also discovered the stock ROM is not truly stock.....this is the 3.28 stock from Flipz but when I decompiled in the kitchen it says it has app2sd included, which explain why I am seeing these apps when they are on the sd card. It does not explain though how they got there in the 1st place, lol.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Um..... once more in Elglish, Doctor.

"Shiat ain't done yet. Need some more time. Keep your shirt on."
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.

Last edited by Fat Tony; 09-19-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:08 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

I am finalizing the ROM update now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Good deal. Does 3.28 incorporate the new kernel of 2.6.34?
the stock kernel in 3.28 is 2.6.32.15....where is 2.6.34 from ?
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I am finalizing the ROM update now..

I appreciate your hard work, thanks

Last edited by themuffinman; 09-19-2010 at 02:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I am finalizing the ROM update now....

the stock kernel in 3.28 is 2.6.32.15....where is 2.6.34 from ?
afaik the .34 kernel is the AOSP/Senseless kernel.
King is working on making it "Sense-able" but it's still in development.
[KERNEL] [BETA] [2.6.34.5] [4Sense] [Oc] [Uv] #1 "Sorry For the Wait" - xda-developers
Old 09-19-2010, 05:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
the apps I add go into the data partition, but I am considering moving them into the system partition....I'm not sure which would be better.

I figured u might know as you were wanting app2sd to badly.....like I said I dont know much about it....a few months ago I partitioned my sd card when trying to get app2sd working on Eclair, so you think the apps automatically moved to sd? cuz I didn't do anything to move them. That's what makes this so strange, I flash a stock ROM & the apps still appear.

if a rom has app2sd it looks for the ext partition on a sd if it sees it then it activates so now any app you install will go to the ext which basically if spoof internal memory

the rom your using has to have app2sd in it if your seeing your apps still cuz only app2sd utilizes the ext partition

Quote:
well it turns out my added apps are indeed on the sd card. I flashed the stock 3.28 ROM, added apps were there, pulled my sd card, apps gone. wiped sd ext partition from recovery, apps still there, so I guess I need to use the app2sd to wipe.

I also discovered the stock ROM is not truly stock.....this is the 3.28 stock from Flipz but when I decompiled in the kitchen it says it has app2sd included, which explain why I am seeing these apps when they are on the sd card. It does not explain though how they got there in the 1st place, lol.

what recovery you using ?
ive found the app2sd was built to work with Ra recovery if you using clock you might not be getting a good wipe of the ext partition.

the best way to see if you getting a good wipe is to use root explorer and look at the app and priv app folder and see if its empty

and as to why they are show up on your sd card is long as app2sd is working it will push any installs to the sd card

Hope all the grief your getting from app2sd won't keep you from including it in future rom builds

Sent From BadAss Evo Using TapaTalk

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 09-19-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thank you Jesus!

Oh and um... Thank you OMJ.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:01 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
I appreciate your hard work, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
afaik the .34 kernel is the AOSP/Senseless kernel.
King is working on making it "Sense-able" but it's still in development.
[KERNEL] [BETA] [2.6.34.5] [4Sense] [Oc] [Uv] #1 "Sorry For the Wait" - xda-developers
thx for the info, I had seen that thread but didn't read much into it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
if a rom has app2sd it looks for the ext partition on a sd if it sees it then it activates so now any app you install will go to the ext which basically if spoof internal memory

the rom your using has to have app2sd in it if your seeing your apps still cuz only app2sd utilizes the ext partition

what recovery you using ?
ive found the app2sd was built to work with Ra recovery if you using clock you might not be getting a good wipe of the ext partition.

the best way to see if you getting a good wipe is to use root explorer and look at the app and priv app folder and see if its empty

and as to why they are show up on your sd card is long as app2sd is working it will push any installs to the sd card

Hope all the grief your getting from app2sd won't keep you from including it in future rom builds

Sent From BadAss Evo Using TapaTalk

yeah, the "stock" rom I was using did have app2sd, I did not realize app2sd would activate as such....but it's no longer a issue, I re-partitioned my sd card & wiped it out.....btw, it was the stock 8gb card that came w/ the phone, I'm surprised app2sd even worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Thank you Jesus!

Oh and um... Thank you OMJ.
sorry for the delay, the ROM was actually done about 7 hrs ago, but I had to leave & it was still uploading, I'm back home & will be posting very soon!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Sweet, been having the flashing bug all weekend.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:19 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ's EVO 2.2 FroYo v3.2
Deodexed w/ Stock Kernel

DOWNLOAD

9/19 Updates v3.2

-Based on the leaked OTA 3.28.651.6 ROM (thanks SteelH & Flipz)
-Updated to Wifi Tether 2.0.5_pre9
-Updated to Google Maps 4.5.0 #4519
-Added Calkulin's_EVO_2.2_Disable_USB_Debugging_Notificat ion (Thx Calkulin)
-Added Calkulin's_EVO_2.2_MMS_5MB_Limit (Thx Calkulin)
-Added Calkulin's_EVO_2.2_MMS_Compression_Fix (Thx Calkulin)
-Added Calkulin's_EVO_2.2_USB_Tethering_Fix (Thx Calkulin)
-Included Appds2SD support

I stayed w/ the stock Kernel because of the great reviews of good battery life.....we'll see.

Several of the stock apps have been updated, you can see the list in SteelH's thread. FYI- I did remove the Sprint apps that I always remove.

Last edited by OMJ; 09-20-2010 at 07:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 8 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development