PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010, 07:41 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.2 | FroYo 3.28.651.6 | *Updated 9/19/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
"stayed with stock rom " do you mean your using stock rooted rom or you stayed with stock kernel in rom.. cuz if your not using you own rom your scaring me
lol, I meant stock kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
Hey omj did you replace the files from calkulins mms compression fix? Because I know with the unreleased ota update Flipz addressed that some of the changes in the unreleased ota was the mms/sms apk, and I noticed with the new apk that I wasn't getting the issue when I have multiple texts in the inbox and I try to open a convo it opened the wrong one instead of the one I clicked on.
Dunno if that made sense Lmao

Tapatalk'd on Evo
yes, I replaced the file w/ Calkulins, which was the mms.apk.....so u are saying the stock mms.apk from the leaked OTA was already fixed? I'm not too familiar w/ the whole mms issue, please test this out & let me know. I can switch it back....
Old 09-20-2010, 08:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
lol, I meant stock kernel

yes, I replaced the file w/ Calkulins, which was the mms.apk.....so u are saying the stock mms.apk from the leaked OTA was already fixed? I'm not too familiar w/ the whole mms issue, please test this out & let me know. I can switch it back....
The sms/mms issue happens when you have multiple sms threads/ conversations in the inbox and let's say you want to open the convo with IKS, you click on it, instead of opening that convo, a lot of times it will open the wrong one...the new ota apk fixed it b/c I never experienced it again with it...ill test the Rom out and let you know... hopefully all is good, ima run this with kings cfs #8

Tapatalk'd on Evo
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 09-20-2010, 09:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

New rom is running very good. loaded it up and haven't experiencing anything not working. Also added Clear Froyo mod and Godzson black clock. Loving the look You can get Clear froyo from here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-evo-4g...ore-froyo.html also Godzson clock was tweaked. I can find the exact post but here it is. Thanks to Sprintgirl, Godszon for these.

Last edited by Riley; 09-20-2010 at 09:26 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

do we flash the Godzon clock?
Old 09-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
do we flash the Godzon clock?
yes, you enter recovery and flash the zip.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm trying to flash the beta version of netarchy's kernel 4.1.9.1 havs beta and I'm getting bootloops with OMJ's newest rom. Dammit, guess I'm going to have to start over. I did not have any problems when I was on OMJ's 3.26 deodexed rom with this beta.

Last edited by jayhuffdaddy; 09-20-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO w/OMJ
Carrier: Can I get Boost Mobile with EVO?

brybo86 is a n00b

I am curious what everyone on the forum is doing to restore data after wiping and flashing this new rom.... Are you doing restore data only from clockworkmod? This is what i have done in the past but I believe that it erases current/new data. (So if the new rom comes with updated stock apps, new wifi tether, new maps etc. By restoring data only those apps will be erased, am i right?) Is anyone using Titanium Backup? What is the best way?
Old 09-20-2010, 12:12 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brybo86 View Post
I am curious what everyone on the forum is doing to restore data after wiping and flashing this new rom.... Are you doing restore data only from clockworkmod? This is what i have done in the past but I believe that it erases current/new data. (So if the new rom comes with updated stock apps, new wifi tether, new maps etc. By restoring data only those apps will be erased, am i right?) Is anyone using Titanium Backup? What is the best way?
What I typically do is write the data.img back after flashing, as I described in post #3. If you wipe the data partiton afer flashing but b4 writing the data.img, then yes, u will lose any added apps I put in the data/partition. if you do not wipe data after flashing & just write the data.img, the new apps will stick but then u will have dups...ie, wifi tether pre8 & pre9.

what I typically do is update the apps myself, do a backup, wipe, flash, wipe, then write data.img

I had trouble restoring my data.img this time, kept getting boot loops, not sure if it was because I was running app2sd or the change from 3.26 to 3.28, my guess is that it was from app2sd, which I got rid of....so I bit the bullet & started from scratch, loading all my email accounts & settings, but I 1st used mybackup pro to backup sms/call log/sense settings

Last edited by OMJ; 09-20-2010 at 12:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by brybo86 View Post
just use titanium to restore apps and it wont restore any app that is newer on your phone like gmaps for example and then enter settings all over
cuz sometimes when i restore settings you get an email i can never delete

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 09-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
I'm trying to flash the beta version of netarchy's kernel 4.1.9.1 havs beta and I'm getting bootloops with OMJ's newest rom. Dammit, guess I'm going to have to start over. I did not have any problems when I was on OMJ's 3.26 deodexed rom with this beta.
I want to see how the new stock kernel works with OMJ but since you asked:
I couldnt get the netarchy kernel to install either. I even did a fresh install and immediately went to recovery and flashed back to the stock kernel that netarchy's kernels are based off which installed fine. The modded kernel still caused bootloops though.
The 4.1.9.1 bfs kernel is the only netarchy one I tried, you may have better luck with some others.
Kings #9 installed perfectly.
Now back to the new stock kernel.
Edit: So off of a fresh install (no data restore or set up) I flashed King's 9 and back to the NEW Stock Kernel without any wipes, without any issues. Here is the NEW stock kernel for those that want it:
2.6.32.15_HTC_STOCK_KERNEL-signed.zip

Question to OMJ/the room-I see evidence that the compression fix has been made but it appears the limit is still 2MB. If a pic is below that level then it is left alone (not compressed) when I try to send it as an MMS. If the pic is larger than 2MB then it gets compressed way on down to under 100kb.
Any thoughts?

Last edited by iknowsquat; 09-20-2010 at 01:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development