PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2010, 06:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
i have a nand backup while i was in the process of rooting the phone. if not i am going to try and root the phone again for shits see what it dose. i guess ill have to go back to my plam treo 650 until new evos start to ship :C

all this started with force closes on 2.2 v2.1 and random crashes
u did remove the pcm136.img file right... or renamed it?

What ROM did u upgrade from before u started having the boot issues??

Sent from my Evo"Nator" using TapaTalk
Old 08-20-2010, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

bartendersimon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bartendersimon Send a message via MSN to bartendersimon Send a message via Yahoo to bartendersimon Send a message via Skype™ to bartendersimon
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Hey Guys, I have installed the latest OMJ's ROM but im having a issue, i trying to put another ROM to get the PRI update but now i cant install any ROm at all, i keep having this msg saying that wrong image or wont see the image at all or and error on restore nand, i have 3 nand backup and none of then cant restore now.

Any body have any issue similar to this?

BTW im not saying the OMJ ROM is bad, im just trying to get another one for PRI update then back to this one, already tried ##786# and ##3282# dont work for me, but now i can even try different ROM at all.

Last edited by bartendersimon; 08-20-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo

xfreak44 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Have u tried restoring Ur Nand to see if u at least can get the phone operating again. If the restore works and it stays on for more than a few hours then Ur ok....

Let us know...

yes i did a nand backup still crashes
Quote:
the amon RA dalvik wipe right?.. remember that ROM Mgr doesn't wipe dalvik right now..

yes Ra dalvik wipe.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

xfreak44 is a n00b

i tried unrooting with RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26_rele ase_171253, it let it sit for 2 hours nothing happened any one know why?
all it said was sending. . . . . .
Old 08-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
i tried unrooting with RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26_rele ase_171253, it let it sit for 2 hours nothing happened any one know why?
all it said was sending. . . . . .
You've tried pretty much everything already... I think it's time to toss the towel and go change it out... You might have gotten a lemon..

I'm sorry to say, you are the first person I've heard that has bricked an EVO...

If you aren't even booting and the phone isn't doing anything then just call sprint and tell em your phone crashed or take it to sprint store and try to get a new one on the spot. Like I said before, Sprint gives a 1 year phone warranty I think... I wouldn't waste any more time on it... You've suffered enough dude.. Get a new one.. Maybe you'll get lucky and get that 5-point multitouch version...The problem would be that if the phone has been upgraded to FROYO then you are stuck without Root till the Rooting process is discovered by someone.. I'm guessing it should be out soon.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

xfreak44 is a n00b

Quote:
You've tried pretty much everything already... I think it's time to toss the towel and go change it out... You might have gotten a lemon..

I'm sorry to say, you are the first person I've heard that has bricked an EVO...

If you aren't even booting and the phone isn't doing anything then just call sprint and tell em your phone crashed or take it to sprint store and try to get a new one on the spot. Like I said before, Sprint gives a 1 year phone warranty I think... I wouldn't waste any more time on it... You've suffered enough dude.. Get a new one.. Maybe you'll get lucky and get that 5-point multitouch version...The problem would be that if the phone has been upgraded to FROYO then you are stuck without Root till the Rooting process is discovered by someone.. I'm guessing it should be out soon.
yea i am going to sprint later today. see the wierd thing is that the OS loads i can do some stuff then it crashes i dont get this thing well time for a new one

only thing is that if they figure out i rooted my phone doesn't that void warranty? i can always make up some bs about what happened Lol

Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartendersimon View Post
Hey Guys, I have installed the latest OMJ's ROM but im having a issue, i trying to put another ROM to get the PRI update but now i cant install any ROm at all, i keep having this msg saying that wrong image or wont see the image at all or and error on restore nand, i have 3 nand backup and none of then cant restore now.

Any body have any issue similar to this?

BTW im not saying the OMJ ROM is bad, im just trying to get another one for PRI update then back to this one, already tried ##786# and ##3282# dont work for me, but now i can even try different ROM at all.
What ROM are you currently on?
What is the exact error you are seeing?
I had some issues last night with Recovery/Cache.
Try going into Recovery and wiping Cache and Dalvik (you wont lose data) and reboot.
Then try and see if you can proceed as normal.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
yea i am going to sprint later today. see the wierd thing is that the OS loads i can do some stuff then it crashes i dont get this thing well time for a new one

only thing is that if they figure out i rooted my phone doesn't that void warranty? i can always make up some bs about what happened Lol

Dude, you can boot... I thought you were stuck in a boot loop and the phone wouldn't even boot.... Ok.. Now I have few other suggestions...

Do you have SetCpu installed? if you do UNINSTALL ASAP you might be OCing the phone too much and it's overheating and crashing on you. That actually happened to me today with Netarchy's latest kernel 4.1.8.. I had to switch back to Kingklicks #7, he's managing HAVS a bit better.

Do you have any of Netarchy's kernels installed? If so, you might wanna try Flashing the STOCK FROYO KERNEL.

And my final suggestion is to do the ##DIAG# and enter your MSL and do a MASTER RESET.... If the master reset goes through and you are able to boot back up and everything runs good, then you are golden...

I think squat (not that I want to speak for Master Squat) and myself where under the impression you never actually got to boot up and use the phone for more than a few seconds before it would crash..

Let us know...
Old 08-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

If you have enough time before the phone crashes to download and install Shootme from the market; get it, install it and shake away at the About Phone Hardware setup you got.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work
I renamed my htc lock for get the other lock screen but when i get incoming call the htc lock show up on my phone, there a some way to remove that one too

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Life is a Burrito !!!!!

My EVO is full rooted with OMJ rom!!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development