PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
ok well i give up. i tried everything that you have told me and still nothing. dam thing still reboots WTF MAN i am getting mad.
Dude, that is one of the strangest situations I have ever heard of. Not sayin' I have all the answers but I cant think of anything else to try.
You should be able to unroot and flash back to stock by running one of the Stock RUU's but with your current setup-who knows
Try the steps listed here for unroot:
http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-de....php?p=7046650
If your phone wont boot I'm not sure you even need to unroot-they are not going to be able to do anything with your phone either.
Sorry.
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Got a buddy of mine who never Root his phone. So he's got the update to 2.2. Stock OTA... He brought up a question to me which left me wondering if it can be possible?.. can he flash OMJ v1.7 and then go flash OMJ v2.1 or latest Froyo Rom? Is that possible?.... poor guy saw everything I had on my phone and wanted it.... .. I just laughed...

Sent from my Evo"Nator" using TapaTalk
Interesting thought but no, you have to have your nand unlocked in order to flash that file.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo

xfreak44 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Dude, that is one of the strangest situations I have ever heard of. Not sayin' I have all the answers but I cant think of anything else to try.
You should be able to unroot and flash back to stock by running one of the Stock RUU's but with your current setup-who knows
Try the steps listed here for unroot:
http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-de....php?p=7046650
If your phone wont boot I'm not sure you even need to unroot-they are not going to be able to do anything with your phone either.
Sorry.
Good luck.
i appreciate all ur help.

it is so weird it loaded up the os stayed on for like 30min then crashed and entered non stop crashing mode again.
ill just unroot and take it to sprint see what they can do. i have a feeling that its hardware related.

ill keep you posted
Old 08-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
No way to root Froyo yet, sorry

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Actually, the way this guy is asking kinda made some sense... He asked if he could REVERT to 2.1... Not ROOT 2.2 but actually go back to stock 2.1??? Obviously without ever having root..? Is that even possible... I'm almost about to try it on my wife's phone ... she's been seeing all the hacks I got and she loves them..
Old 08-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
i appreciate all ur help.

it is so weird it loaded up the os stayed on for like 30min then crashed and entered non stop crashing mode again.
ill just unroot and take it to sprint see what they can do. i have a feeling that its hardware related.

ill keep you posted
Ok, since it seems like you've tried everything possible... Then hopefully you either have the phone still within the 30 day warranty period (mine past cuz I got it 6/4/2010 also known as EVO DAY)... or you have insurance on your phone with sprint. Nevertheless, I think sprint also gives you 1 year on the phone... And like squat said, if it doesn't work anyways, then why you bother unrooting or reverting to stock.. They themselves wont be able to do anything...

These are the times you wish the devices had those hidden paperclip size pin holes which MASTER RESET everything back to STOCK.... ... DAMMIT, they need to bring those itty bitty pin holes back...

Good luck man... We hope to see ya Rooted soon, and talking about how awesome your EVO is doing once your back... Best I can do is have a beer with ya...
Old 08-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Actually, the way this guy is asking kinda made some sense... He asked if he could REVERT to 2.1... Not ROOT 2.2 but actually go back to stock 2.1??? Obviously without ever having root..? Is that even possible... I'm almost about to try it on my wife's phone ... she's been seeing all the hacks I got and she loves them..
I admire your adventurer spirit but aside from not being able to flash v1.7 ROM1 without an unlocked nand, like I said a post or two ago, the stock ROMs can not revert.
Look at this way with rooting-all root process to date have exploited some flaw in the current system. Sprint/HTC has a much greater ability to prevent "back sliding" (reverting) then they do at covering EVERY possible contingency/flaw in the current system. To say it another way-the root process finds holes they dont even know about, then they patch them-that's why we dont accept OTA's and we have to wait for a new exploit to be found.

If you try to run a previous versions RUU on a stock phone you will most likely get a "main version is older" error.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-19-2010 at 07:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
I admire your adventurer spirit but aside from not being able to flash v1.7 ROM1 without an unlocked nand, like I said a post or two ago, the stock ROMs can not revert.
Look at this way with rooting-all root process to date have exploited some flaw in the current system. Sprint/HTC has a much greater ability to prevent "back sliding" (reverting) then they do at covering EVERY possible contingency/flaw in the current system. To say it another way-the root process finds holes they dont even know about, then they patch them-that's why we dont accept OTA's and we have to wait for a new exploit to be found.

If you try to run a previous versions RUU on a stock phone you will most likely get a "main version is older" error.
Ok.. You just gave me the true perspective of things...
Thanks, I needed that... =D>
Old 08-19-2010, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

xfreak44 is a n00b

can a stock evo go into that while bootloader screen? also dose it have a recovery menu?

Last edited by xfreak44; 08-19-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:11 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
can a stock evo go into that while bootloader screen? also dose it have a recovery menu?
yes, the stock rom can boot into bootloader....this is how we first rooted.

see here...

and yes, it has a stock recovery, whereas we are using a custom recovery, that allows flashing custom roms
Old 08-19-2010, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

xfreak44 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
yes, the stock rom can boot into bootloader....this is how we first rooted.

see here...

and yes, it has a stock recovery, whereas we are using a custom recovery, that allows flashing custom roms
alright thanks. so i am going to take my phone back tomrrow but in the bootloader it says 76.2000 dose that mean that it has been rooted a some point nand unlocked?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:20 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
alright thanks. so i am going to take my phone back tomrrow but in the bootloader it says 76.2000 dose that mean that it has been rooted a some point nand unlocked?
yes, which rom are u on now?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development