View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 07:28 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Actually, the way this guy is asking kinda made some sense... He asked if he could REVERT to 2.1... Not ROOT 2.2 but actually go back to stock 2.1??? Obviously without ever having root..? Is that even possible... I'm almost about to try it on my wife's phone ... she's been seeing all the hacks I got and she loves them..
I admire your adventurer spirit but aside from not being able to flash v1.7 ROM1 without an unlocked nand, like I said a post or two ago, the stock ROMs can not revert.
Look at this way with rooting-all root process to date have exploited some flaw in the current system. Sprint/HTC has a much greater ability to prevent "back sliding" (reverting) then they do at covering EVERY possible contingency/flaw in the current system. To say it another way-the root process finds holes they dont even know about, then they patch them-that's why we dont accept OTA's and we have to wait for a new exploit to be found.

If you try to run a previous versions RUU on a stock phone you will most likely get a "main version is older" error.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-19-2010 at 07:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.