PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

The only issue with removing that lock screen is the fact that you wont be able to turn off the alarm clock if you use the default one. If you don't use it its a non-issue. If you need an alarm clock any third party one from the Market will work.
You shouldnt have a problem erasing it from TiBackup.

OR

You can flash the remove lockscreen zip from Calk-it includes the AOSP alarm clock to get around the alarm issue.
[ Mods ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes for the EVO [ MMS l 5MB l USB Tether and More ] - xda-developers

Last edited by iknowsquat; 10-04-2010 at 06:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
The only issue with removing that lock screen is the fact that you wont be able to turn off the alarm clock if you use the default one. If you don't use it its a non-issue. If you need an alarm clock any third party one from the Market will work.
You shouldnt have a problem erasing it from TiBackup.

OR

You can flash the remove lockscreen zip from Calk-it includes the AOSP alarm clock to get around the alarm issue.
[ Mods ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes for the EVO [ MMS l 5MB l USB Tether and More ] - xda-developers
as always appreciate all your help "iknowsquat"
Old 10-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
yeah the lockscreen banner. I changed mine a while ago too, but something about this time, it needed to be changed back to Sprint for some. It was also the reason my clock/weather widget couldnt get my current location either, so it affected more than Sprint NFL for me. So I changed it back to Sprint, set it all up, then changed it back to what I want it to be. Works like it did before, but it did have to be temporarily changed back to Sprint.
Thanks... ill give that a try right now.. is there an app out yet to change your lockscreen name or CDMA workshop is still the way to go?

Sent from my Evo"Nator" using TapaTalk
Old 10-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

Ok I flashed with deodexand the flasked the sapphire theme... every this went smooth.... two things I'm noticing... when I add events in HTC calendar it freezes up pretty bad. Like all the sidden the program will pause for a fewsecond.... can anyone confirm?

Also, the HTC weather app doesn't show moons only sunny day timeweather.. at least as of yet, and it is 9:30 at night, can anyone confirm this as well?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Thanks... ill give that a try right now.. is there an app out yet to change your lockscreen name or CDMA workshop is still the way to go?

Sent from my Evo"Nator" using TapaTalk
I dont know of an app that will do it...CDMA workshop is the only way afaik

Old 10-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Almost a VIP

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
Ok I flashed with deodexand the flasked the sapphire theme... every this went smooth.... two things I'm noticing... when I add events in HTC calendar it freezes up pretty bad. Like all the sidden the program will pause for a fewsecond.... can anyone confirm?

Also, the HTC weather app doesn't show moons only sunny day timeweather.. at least as of yet, and it is 9:30 at night, can anyone confirm this as well?

Calender doesnt freeze for me.

The weather app...yeah I dont know. Last night it was like 11 pm i refreshed the weather and it was sunshine all the way. I have seen the moon show up previously before, so maybe its just a glitch with HTC weather widget right now. Then again it might have been on 3.3 dont remember.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Calender doesnt freeze for me.

The weather app...yeah I dont know. Last night it was like 11 pm i refreshed the weather and it was sunshine all the way. I have seen the moon show up previously before, so maybe its just a glitch with HTC weather widget right now. Then again it might have been on 3.3 dont remember.
Hey try putting an event on the calendar at 1130 pm or so that's when it gets wierd...

And toconfirm, it is now 10pm and I have a moon... lol...

Last edited by pask2155; 10-04-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I dont know of an app that will do it...CDMA workshop is the only way afaik

Still nothing... The error I'm getting now is "Ensure WIFI and or 4G is disabled" Then it suggests to place into Airplane mode and then place it back off airplane mode. I've done that a few times and NOTHING.. I've installed a few versions of the sprint football and still nothing..

What updates did you do after you switched banner back to "SPRINT"

things I've done
1 - Updated user profile under "SPRINT" banner
2 - updated PRL
3 - Reboot
4 - Installed various versions of Live Football. Once I load an update is installed.

I'm wondering if this issue is what's causing the lag on my phone... It's been lagging pretty bad... I've noticed the lag even more now since a few guys at my office have gotten the Droid X. The X runs REALLY, REALLY smooth compared to my EVO..

I'm considering the DATA WIPE and starting from Scratch...

Question:

Would it be better to do a Data Wipe or a Phone Reset? Will the phone reset unroot the phone?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2010, 10:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

I personally think all the issues are becuz of the base i dont think its sold dexed
but that's just me

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 10-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Almost a VIP

There might be other issues because the original error was"this app is for Sprint customers only" or something along those lines. All I did was change the banner, reboot and the app worked. I didnt have to reinstall the app or anything.

Try going into the appllication under menu/settings/applications/manage applications/All

Find the app and clear the cache

Other than that a format wipe might help, then again Im not sure.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development