PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rsmalls is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

Thanks iknowsquat, I'll make sure to do this next time. I restored my last backup and installed Sapphire without a problem. Looks great. What is the recommendation if Sapphire is updated and I have it installed?
Old 10-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmalls View Post
Thanks iknowsquat, I'll make sure to do this next time. I restored my last backup and installed Sapphire without a problem. Looks great. What is the recommendation if Sapphire is updated and I have it installed?
Sure, np. Happy to help.
In that case you should be able to just flash the new theme over the old since it will have all the same/similar elements. Of course it's the Devs call but I've never seen a theme update that required it to be installed over a "blank" ROM.
Just FYI the Sapphire themes developer, konikub, has been MIA ever since his laptop died.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
hello guys King release his new kernel CFS#11at XDA a lot of people are saying that is provinding amazing battery life, here is the link

KingxKlick Forums • View topic - [KERNEL] [2.6.32.15] [HAVS] [BFS] KiNgxKernel #11/#10

ejoy it!!!

Have you given stock kernel a chance?... for the first time ever I was able to get close to 36hrs of uptime on my phone... all I did was wipe the phone (data/cache, David cache) and then i only installed OMJ 3.5 deodexed. I did a full battery drain... it actually got down to 1% and I pushed it until it shutdown. I pulled the battery for about 5mins and then placed it back on and charged the phone back up. It sure is nice to see the phone survive for that many hours....

If the phone keeps giving me that battery life and runs good.. no sense in tweaking something that aint broke.

Thanks for the kernel info... ill keep downloading them but not sure about installing them...

Take care.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Anyone having delay issues with Market. My issues is whenever I select anything to download, it take.a while for the download to actually start. Done cache clean and data clean on market and u still keep getting.same issue.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Have you given stock kernel a chance?... for the first time ever I was able to get close to 36hrs of uptime on my phone... all I did was wipe the phone (data/cache, David cache) and then i only installed OMJ 3.5 deodexed. I did a full battery drain... it actually got down to 1% and I pushed it until it shutdown. I pulled the battery for about 5mins and then placed it back on and charged the phone back up. It sure is nice to see the phone survive for that many hours....

If the phone keeps giving me that battery life and runs good.. no sense in tweaking something that aint broke.

Thanks for the kernel info... ill keep downloading them but not sure about installing them...

Take care.
The stock kernel is strong no doubt. I totally follow "if it ain't broke, dont fix it."
However, it appears at first glance that King has really come up with something sweet with cfs11. The kernel is quicker than stock and should have better battery life.
As always YMMV.

Quote:
Anyone having delay issues with Market. My issues is whenever I select anything to download, it take.a while for the download to actually start. Done cache clean and data clean on market and u still keep getting.same issue.
The Market has been quirky for the last few days for me. I wouldnt sweat it, it should clear up.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

buck12 is a n00b

Question when installing a new rom our kernel what am I suppose to write again? I don't think I have been wiping when installing new roms
Old 10-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
The stock kernel is strong no doubt. I totally follow "if it ain't broke, dont fix it."
However, it appears at first glance that King has really come up with something sweet with cfs11. The kernel is quicker than stock and should have better battery life.
As always YMMV.

The Market has been quirky for the last few days for me. I wouldnt sweat it, it should clear up.

I'll give the kernel a shot then... Gotta do a backup cuz the phone is really running good.

Ok, so the Market has been touchy for the past few days.. Good to know it wasn't just me.

thanks...

EDIT:
So much for the phone running good... I have another bug. Gmail isn't doing PREVIEW or DOWNLOADing jpg/picture files. They work fine via desktop but they are not coming up on the phone. I get "Fetching Attachment" and it just sits there with the Circle Timer running but nothing ever comes up.. The files are small, so (55kb and biggest is 97kb.) I'm not sure what is happening there.. Anyone else have this happen?

Thanks

EDIT #2:
Got it to work... Hopefully it stays working... Via Manage Applications, I cleared cache and deleted Data on the GMAIL App. I ran the App and it sync'd back up.. Previews Popped up IMMEDIATELY.. AWESOME..

Last edited by richarc93; 10-12-2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch Pro

bigdaddie is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

Yep, having the same problem here in Central California.

BD
Old 10-13-2010, 08:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

jj970 is a n00b

Hey all...did a search for "4g" in this thread and it wouldn't find any hits for me.

I just upgraded from OMJ 3.0 to 3.5.

I tried using 4g in downtown Long Beach, CA, along the 405 to the 22 into Anaheim and Garden Grove but never got a signal. It ate through my battery like crazy though...

From reports I've read, at least some of these areas should get a 4g signal.

Is it something with my radio/ROM or is it just I have bad luck and the areas I was in just happen to not have service now?

Thanks for any input.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

jj970 is a n00b

Oh...OMJ...I vote for keeping Facebook too.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development