PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hawaii Tom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

No, Titanium is much simpler. No need to do all that. It's possible that app deletion is only possible with the donate version, which I got. I figured Joel had put his heart into it and I used it all the time, so it was worth a few Swiss Francs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii Tom View Post
No, Titanium is much simpler. No need to do all that. It's possible that app deletion is only possible with the donate version, which I got. I figured Joel had put his heart into it and I used it all the time, so it was worth a few Swiss Francs.
You didnt quote anyone so I assume you are referencing the convo with jryanvt and myself?

"No need to do all that"...all what? Download a file or two?
I never said he HAD to do it. I was just being informational

Some users like myself like learning and doing things "manually", hence the adb reference. adb is a tool for much more than removing apps. The SDK is MUCH MUCH more than a tool for removing apps. I was merely suggesting it.
If he wants to have it done for him then he can follow my suggestion for Root Explorer or yours for Titanium.

I've only been using TiBackup for the backup and restore feature but like you I am using the paid version. You've been thanked for pointing out the app removal feature it has which works great.
I assume TiBackup makes system writable for you since, afaik, that's the only way to make changes to any files that reside in /system.

btw-TiBackup doesnt appear to have an feature for ADDING files, especially to system/app. Some apps/files need to go there.
For that you are still going to need some type of file manager, adb, etc unless I'm missing something.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:00 AM
N00b

rlmurray is just getting started

I noticed playback of my recorded videos regardless of resolution is extremely choppy. I'm on 3. 5.
anyone else have this issue?
Was thinking of trying to get sandisk to make good on a warranty.
I have a class two 32 gig microsd card.
I also tried playing back the same videos using the default 8 gig card that came with the phone and got the same results. Used taskkiller to get th most available memory, but still have the same symptoms.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

jryanvt is a n00b

ok, while looking at the apps i can't delete (yet) in titanium backup, i noticed an app called ringtone trimmer (assuming it's similar to mp3 trimmer from my wm 6.5 days). however, when i view all apps i don't see ringtone trimmer. any ideas?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hawaii Tom is just getting started

OK, let's see if we can fix this Titanium thing. When you load the app, and hit the
Menu button and choose Preferences, scroll down to the uninstaller settings and check the "Chuck Norris" mode box. Then when you go to the list of installed apps, and hit the app you want to delete, then press the un-install button, what happens?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryanvt View Post
ok, while looking at the apps i can't delete (yet) in titanium backup, i noticed an app called ringtone trimmer (assuming it's similar to mp3 trimmer from my wm 6.5 days). however, when i view all apps i don't see ringtone trimmer. any ideas?

Open up your HTC music app, load a song, press menu/set as ringtone/then the third option is trim the ringtone....the ringtone trimmer app will then load

Old 10-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

hello guys King release his new kernel CFS#11at XDA a lot of people are saying that is provinding amazing battery life, here is the link

KingxKlick Forums • View topic - [KERNEL] [2.6.32.15] [HAVS] [BFS] KiNgxKernel #11/#10

ejoy it!!!

Life is a Burrito !!!!!

My EVO is full rooted with OMJ rom!!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

rsmalls is a n00b

This is my first post after taking the time to read through this thread. I do have a question regarding themes. I have Riptide installed, what do I do if I want to install the Sapphire theme? Revert back to previous nandroid backup and install, or can I install it over the Riptide them? Thanks...
Old 10-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmalls View Post
This is my first post after taking the time to read through this thread. I do have a question regarding themes. I have Riptide installed, what do I do if I want to install the Sapphire theme? Revert back to previous nandroid backup and install, or can I install it over the Riptide them? Thanks...
Well you could try it and see but it's doubtful you'd have success. Both themes would have to alter/install all the exact same elements for you to get seamless transfer from one theme to another. You will most likely end up with parts of both themes.
IMO the best method for trying out themes is to load and set up OMJ's bast ROM as he created it. Set it up fully. Then make a backup of that. This is your "blank" ROM.
Now you can flash any theme you want and if you dont like it you just wipe, restore the "blank" and try another theme.
Unless the Dev creates a Back to Stock zip there is no way to "remove" a theme.
Rip has one to return to his base theme from his white theme but not to remove it completely afaik.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

Just want to say thanks for the great ROM, and now I can say that OMJ rom is my first choice and I have been testing Zipp ROM and for a port all I can say is wow, so OMJ you are rocking one EVO and Z is on the second one
tHANKS
NYGEL'

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development