View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 05:58 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmalls View Post
This is my first post after taking the time to read through this thread. I do have a question regarding themes. I have Riptide installed, what do I do if I want to install the Sapphire theme? Revert back to previous nandroid backup and install, or can I install it over the Riptide them? Thanks...
Well you could try it and see but it's doubtful you'd have success. Both themes would have to alter/install all the exact same elements for you to get seamless transfer from one theme to another. You will most likely end up with parts of both themes.
IMO the best method for trying out themes is to load and set up OMJ's bast ROM as he created it. Set it up fully. Then make a backup of that. This is your "blank" ROM.
Now you can flash any theme you want and if you dont like it you just wipe, restore the "blank" and try another theme.
Unless the Dev creates a Back to Stock zip there is no way to "remove" a theme.
Rip has one to return to his base theme from his white theme but not to remove it completely afaik.