PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Dimoand WM6.5
Carrier: SprintPCS

leonidm is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

I just mentioned that also my camera is set to 8M, the images come out crapy with the size of 1Mb (used to be around 3Mb) the actual resolution is 3264x1952 ,which if calculated is about 6MegaPixel, but I think it is the same as before, but quality sucks.
"Quality" in settings is set to "High" If I change resolution to 5M, I get 4Megapixel images. What's wrong? Using atest OMJ ROM form 08/13/2010
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidm View Post
I just mentioned that also my camera is set to 8M, the images come out crapy with the size of 1Mb (used to be around 3Mb) the actual resolution is 3264x1952 ,which if calculated is about 6MegaPixel, but I think it is the same as before, but quality sucks.
"Quality" in settings is set to "High" If I change resolution to 5M, I get 4Megapixel images. What's wrong? Using atest OMJ ROM form 08/13/2010
First-megapixels-you are set to widescreen 5:3 which is why you are getting 3264x1952. Set it to Standard 4:3 and your megapixels will go up to 3264x2448 (7.99MP-close 'nuff )
Not sure about quality, mine is fine. What is wrong with your pics? Fuzzy?
Blurry? Did you wipe the lens? I frequently touch the lens while holding the phone.
I suppose you could try a reflash but that's just a guess.
These were taken at the "8MP" widescreen setting (so really like 6.37 for those counting along at home)
The quality of the Ferrari pic could be better but that is at dusk with an overcast sky, through my less than pristine windshield.
IMAG0005.jpg
IMAG0017.jpg

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-24-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Oh Man! Vegasden is NOT going to be happy when he sees your big pic posts

Crap..... that's right.... ooopppssss... I did it right from pc the other day but from tapatalk still gotta figure it out... tips r welcomed...

Sent from my Evo"Nator" using TapaTalk
Old 08-24-2010, 06:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
I give up...

What's worse is when someone quotes a post with a big picture and includes it in the quote.

Now get off my lawn!!!
(Walking cautiously over freshly cut lawn) ...... sorry Vegas.... I took Ur suggestion on "attaching" pic from a pc.

But from tapatalk u r only given insert from gallery, camera or url. I didn't notice a way if compressing the pic. Maybe the url but that would mean I would edit from desktop??...

I'll ease up on the large pics.... I just get excited to have 4g....

Old 08-24-2010, 06:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
I know there isn't...I'm just being an ol' grump. You kids go ahead a play.
Uncle Vegas, uncle Vegas, can I get some of those new transformer silly bands.... pleeeezzzzzz..... ...

Old 08-24-2010, 06:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
FYI---I'm in the process of moving out of state, you'll be seeing less & less of OMJ over the next couple weeks...

I tried netarchy 4.1.8 cfs yesterday....battery life was atrocious. trying kingclick's #4 bfs now, so far so good.
Dude... your leaving us.... thank god for the inet, cell phones w/data and all other electronics....

..4.1.8.bfs. crashed on me a lot... very buggy..

#4 bfs kingklick has been working great...

Last edited by richarc93; 08-24-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

DCLocal is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

I am also running kingklicks #4 on v3 deodexed and very happy.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
First-megapixels-you are set to widescreen 5:3 which is why you are getting 3264x1952. Set it to Standard 4:3 and your megapixels will go up to 3264x2448 (7.99MP-close 'nuff )
Not sure about quality, mine is fine. What is wrong with your pics? Fuzzy?
Blurry? Did you wipe the lens? I frequently touch the lens while holding the phone.
I suppose you could try a reflash but that's just a guess.
These were taken at the "8MP" widescreen setting (so really like 6.37 for those counting along at home)
The quality of the Ferrari pic could be better but that is at dusk with an overcast sky, through my less than pristine windshield.
Attachment 76316
Attachment 76317
The quality is subjective, but the file size is not. Images with stock ROM used to be 3Mb, now they are 1Mb.
normal 8M image should be around 2.5-3Mb I think and it used to be that way with stock ROM. I've attached some of the "before" images for comaprasion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0002.jpg (626.4 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAG0014.jpg (468.1 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by leonidm; 08-24-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidm View Post
The quality is subjective, but the file size is not. Images with stock ROM used to be 3Mb, now they are 1Mb.
normal 8M image should be around 2.5-3Mb I think and it used to be that way with stock ROM. I've attached some of the "before" images for comaprasion.
I bow to your better knowledge Sir, I knew how to set the proper dimesions but I have no idea what the proper file size should be. I don't see how the root process would effect this but it may be the kernel? I'll flash the stock kernel and check.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I I don't see how the root process would effect this but it may be the kernel? I'll flash the stock kernel and check.
Thank you for looking in o this! I almost sure it's the kernel, but I can't believe I'm tthe only one who is seeing this problem. This is the most popular (for a good reason) ROM for this phone. Hasn't anyone else noted that the 8M pictures got smaller in file size?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development