PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.4 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 12/30/10*

Hey OMJ, I flashed CM6 today to try it out and I'm already back on your rom. CM6 does have some nice things like major items you can tweak and what not. I just cant seem to part w/what I have here. What I didn't like about it was the phone dialer, no way to setup peak times for email, and the way the screens transitioned. The calendar widget sucks as well w/no way to add an agenda widget like on this rom. However, the available ram was insane and I did like that.

Last edited by jayhuffdaddy; 01-07-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:54 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaydogPR View Post
I'm really digging this Rom, I tried using Spare Parts for changing the Boot animation but upon rebooting it doesn't change. I tried researching this problem but haven't had any luck! any info on this?
I'm no Spare Parts expert but I dont believe that is a feature of that app
Old 01-07-2011, 02:10 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

I kinda wonder how this was not talked about here more. Anyone able to put this into layman's terms? I'm not even sure if I use clockworkmod or armon. Is there a clear and easy way to go about removing the old one and getting the right one installed?
Old 01-07-2011, 08:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800 HTC Touch Pro

RaydogPR is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to RaydogPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
I'm no Spare Parts expert but I dont believe that is a feature of that app
Check the Add On section, it even includes a animation for installing.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:25 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaydogPR View Post
I'm really digging this Rom, I tried using Spare Parts for changing the Boot animation but upon rebooting it doesn't change. I tried researching this problem but haven't had any luck! any info on this?
thanks....I never used spare parts b4, Aamikam had it included in the base, so I left it in, but I suspect that many of the features do not work.....I was searching yesterday for more info, and the thread @ XDA appeared to be no longer supported, so I may remove it from future roms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Hey OMJ, I flashed CM6 today to try it out and I'm already back on your rom. CM6 does have some nice things like major items you can tweak and what not. I just cant seem to part w/what I have here. What I didn't like about it was the phone dialer, no way to setup peak times for email, and the way the screens transitioned. The calendar widget sucks as well w/no way to add an agenda widget like on this rom. However, the available ram was insane and I did like that.
welcome back bro.....thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
I kinda wonder how this was not talked about here more. Anyone able to put this into layman's terms? I'm not even sure if I use clockworkmod or armon. Is there a clear and easy way to go about removing the old one and getting the right one installed?
have u ever opened a flashable zip to see what was in it? if not, I encourage everyone to, it will give u a basic understanding of the file system structure (if you open a ROM zip), then when u come across a flashable zip, you'll see what files are being overwritten.

the old update-script & new updater-script is located @ \META-INF\com\google\android. The script basically tells the recovery what to do with the zip.

update-script example...

Code:
show_progress 0.1 0
delete_recursive CACHE:
delete_recursive DATA:dalvik-cache
copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:
show_progress 0.1 10
so basically it's saying to wipe cache & dalvik-cache, then copy whatever is in the System folder in the flashable zip to the /system folder on the device.

updater-script example....

Code:
ui_print("");
ui_print("Flashing MikFroYo Remove Battery Percent % Power Widgets ...");
ui_print("");
ui_print("Formatting Cache ...");
format("MTD", "cache");
ui_print("");
ui_print("Deleting Dalvik-Cache ...");
mount("MTD", "userdata", "/data");
delete_recursive("/data/dalvik-cache");
unmount("/userdata");
mount("MTD", "system", "/system");
ui_print("");
ui_print("Installing ...");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
unmount("/system");
ui_print("");
ui_print("Done.");
ui_print("First Boot Would Take A While ...");
ui_print("Please Be Patient.");
it is similar to update-script, but the command structure is different, plus you can add comments to print on the screen.

so what Koush was saying is that Google no longer supports the old update-script format, and has switched to updater-script. We have continued to use update-script because our recoveries support both, but ROM Manager w/ recovery 3.0.x only supported the new updater-script & that is why ppl were having issues. Using that recovery, you can only flash a zip w/ the updater-script, and there is still alot of update-script zips out there.

I think Koush is wanting the dev community to switch to updater-script & no longer support update-script & I bet it will eventually happen.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Nice write up Buddy! Fyi to all others, CWM has gone back to v.2.6 which handles both and backs up WiMax as well

... just open up Rom Mgr and it will show 2.6 as the latest (even though there are 3.x versions) and update it, should be good to go ... just don't update again unless ur gonna leave OMJ and switch to CM7 which they are saying will require a 3.x ver of CWM

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2011, 12:04 AM
The Playboy Boy

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Thanks OMJ for the explanation. The only time I've extracted ROM's were a couple from you back in the diamond days and it was by accident. also thanks for the tip on cwm. Apparently that's what I have. I'll hit the button when I get home. Damn you Tapatalk! Lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2011, 02:36 AM
The Playboy Boy

Hey OMJ, just read this on another board and wondered what you thought about it.

"Fair warning for Evo users: if you use Clockwork Mod Recovery it will not back up your Wimax Partition and you may lose 4G, many people have. With that said, this app (Rom Manager) is awesome for flashing Amon_Ra Recovery. After installing this, go to Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery, when it is done, go to Flash Alternative Recovery. The Alternative will install the latest version of Amon_Ra which was just released today. Amon_Ra WILL back up your Wimax Partition(4G) and is the best Recovery in my opinion."

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2011, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.2 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 12/21/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
does avrcp work on this build?
i paired my plantronics backbeat 903s the other day and it paired up fine and i remember seeing something in the list about stereo or a2dp but turned off headset to keep setting up phone and didn't test to see if it had avrcp

well tried it out at the gym today, and it pairs right up when i power up the headphones, the volume and play/pause functions work, but when trying to ff/rew tracks the headset beeps, but the phone never responds to those commands

any thoughts?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

treedog5 is becoming a great contributor

would you happen to have a link to Amon_ra???

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development