PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 02:55 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.4 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 12/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09busa View Post
4.4 will not install at all. Just aborts!!!!!.......... Looking forward to a fix so I can install.
Installed just fine Bro.
Did the usual and customary wipes, flashed Calks Format All to be extra squeaky clean and flashed away, no issue.
If you did the usual wipes then I'd try a re-download and start over.

Wrapping up my vacay but I'd thought I'd pop in and see wassup. Missed 4.3
Got 4.4 loaded up now. Thanks Bro!
Merry New Year to all!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/$0 Exec Plan..YES I SAID $0

fergdogg23 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to fergdogg23

OMJ,
Is there an Odexed update coming soon? I need to get a new theme on here but deodexed wont let me.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

ok here's somethign weird, several times last night, the clock/weather widget kept thinking i was in luanda west africa so the 'home' time and the weather were way wrong
Old 01-01-2011, 11:17 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Happy New Years people!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
@ OMJ,

I assume you added the hulu fix as well? ... or did u forget? ... 4.5? LOL!
I don't know what the deal is w/ Hulu....the app launches for me, but I get an hourglass when I click on a video.....has anyone tried any fixes that work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Hey Karl,

How's that kernel running for you? I have been following that thread since before he moved to the DEV forum but haven't tried it. I read something the other day that the most likely reason HTC doesn't write the code this way to begin with is that our batteries will have shortened life if they are constantly charged to full capacity??? I'm on the Sprint 2600mah ext batt so I get through a whole day with stock but would always be nice to get more! ... have you seen any other issues with this kernel on OMJ 4.4? ... and heck, if it does decrease batt life but it still lasts a year or two then I wouldn't give a crap about having to buy another batt down the road for much better "daily" life as opposed to long term batt life.

Edit: Here is the article I was talking about...

Your battery gauge is lying to you (and it's not such a bad thing) - xda-developers

What is your take?

@OMJ... your take?
stock is fine to me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergdogg23 View Post
OMJ,
Is there an Odexed update coming soon? I need to get a new theme on here but deodexed wont let me.
yeah, I will update it, though it will be based on stock RUU, so really it will just have some minor updates....
Old 01-01-2011, 11:20 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
ok here's somethign weird, several times last night, the clock/weather widget kept thinking i was in luanda west africa so the 'home' time and the weather were way wrong
I saw someone post that the other day in another thread....since going to 4.4, I have been stuck w/ "current location"....odd, nothing I do will get it to display the actual location.....I know ppl have reported this in the past, anyone know of a fix?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I saw someone post that the other day in another thread....since going to 4.4, I have been stuck w/ "current location"....odd, nothing I do will get it to display the actual location.....I know ppl have reported this in the past, anyone know of a fix?
Having the same issue. Shows I'm in Tripoli, wherever the hell that is and the time is 6:12 pm when it should be 10:12 am seeing that I'm in Texas. Last night it showed current location and looked like hieroglyphics.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nvrnugh is just getting started

It won't let me update to 4.4 decodex says abort and I have wiped everything like usual any ideas???
Old 01-01-2011, 12:25 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Having the same issue. Shows I'm in Tripoli, wherever the hell that is and the time is 6:12 pm when it should be 10:12 am seeing that I'm in Texas. Last night it showed current location and looked like hieroglyphics.
I reflashed, and location was working fine. I restored my data.img & it went back to current location....something is hokey in my backup, so I'm reflashing again & will start from scratch w/o restoring data.img....
Old 01-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I reflashed, and location was working fine. I restored my data.img & it went back to current location....something is hokey in my backup, so I'm reflashing again & will start from scratch w/o restoring data.img....
So you are formatting completely then re flashing 4.4?
Old 01-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Installed just fine Bro.
Did the usual and customary wipes, flashed Calks Format All to be extra squeaky clean and flashed away, no issue.
If you did the usual wipes then I'd try a re-download and start over.

Wrapping up my vacay but I'd thought I'd pop in and see wassup. Missed 4.3
Got 4.4 loaded up now. Thanks Bro!
Merry New Year to all!

Warpping up my vacation also... SUCKS... I want another few more weeks....

Missed 4.3 but I love 4.4.... Not sure if 4.3 was about the same or not but 4.4 ROCKS ... The new ROM seems to have the KERNEL running faster.. Almost overclocked. Phone runs very smooth... I love it.. I installed late last night but been using phone this AM and everything seems to be running good. No FCs.

I'm not having the Location issues with my Clock or Weather. I'm using Beautiful Widgets (Bought it) and it's working great.

Hulu ain't working. It loads up and hour glass comes up. Hour glass dissapears and them I get a PLATFORM NOT COMPATIBLE message.. So I'm not sure what I need to do to make it work. I'm not much of a HULU user so doesn't matter to me. I prefer PLAYON. I can't wait for that one to be operational... It works Great on my Ipad..

Later.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ---- 2011......

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development