PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Terencec is keeping up the good workTerencec is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/10/10*

Does this rom break the android market and can I install apps directly to the sd card?

Thx
Old 06-15-2010, 07:29 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terencec View Post
Does this rom break the android market and can I install apps directly to the sd card?

Thx
no & no....I dont think we have the ability to install to sd yet
Old 06-15-2010, 09:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO<Pre<TP<Treo800w<Back2Vogue<Diamond<Vogue<Treo

BrandiBran is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to BrandiBran Send a message via Skype™ to BrandiBran

I don't want all of the sprint apps, just the sprint navigation... how can I just get that one back after I flash to your rom... Cant live in a new city without sprint navigation... google navigation gets me lost. Thanks OMJ, I've been with you since the TP days... went to a pre for a while, but I'm back with my EVO... woohoo... sooooo missed my ppcgeeks.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandiBran View Post
I don't want all of the sprint apps, just the sprint navigation... how can I just get that one back after I flash to your rom... Cant live in a new city without sprint navigation... google navigation gets me lost. Thanks OMJ, I've been with you since the TP days... went to a pre for a while, but I'm back with my EVO... woohoo... sooooo missed my ppcgeeks.
OMJ has all the Sprint apk's in Post #1. Grab them, unzip the one(s) you want and put them on your SD.
Then in the ROM use something like the Installer feature of Android Mate to install it.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

the rom is based on stock, Sprint apps removed, added the apps I posted in post #1, has Superuser built it....along w/ some tweaks...no need for SS, looks the same as stock

Thanks
Old 06-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

johnch is a n00b

does this rom have froyo?
Old 06-16-2010, 12:02 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnch View Post
does this rom have froyo?
No that would be 2.2

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

MX51 is keeping up the good workMX51 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to MX51

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Been on OMJ's for two versions, another ROM and back to OMJ. Have not seen or heard of your issue.
Not sure if your charging issue is related to the SD issue or not.
For the SD issue-do you have another card you can try?
If something became corrupted on your card that may be causing your headaches.
You could try backing up the card then re-formatting it. Then try and see if the device will read it.
I tried different ones already but it doesnt do anything. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with an update I think I did.

I am now on version: 1.32.651.6 instead of 1.32.651.1.

I tried going back to recovery and flash the rom again but the evo doesn't obey the commands when i enter them. Tried the adb already but says that the phone isn't connected or not found.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:59 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX51 View Post
I tried different ones already but it doesnt do anything. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with an update I think I did.

I am now on version: 1.32.651.6 instead of 1.32.651.1.

I tried going back to recovery and flash the rom again but the evo doesn't obey the commands when i enter them. Tried the adb already but says that the phone isn't connected or not found.
Not sure how you could be on OMJ and the .1 software but that could explain your SD issue as that was the software version that needed the OTA fix.
If you messed with the OTA fix after obtaining root you may have lost root which may explain why you can't get into recovery.
Try and download an app that needs root access. I don't think you can download without root but even if you can it won't run without it.
Good luck.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jrios3323 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jrios3323

does anyone know where I can download the ad blocker.apk file? thanks!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development