PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

r.mauldin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/10/10*

OMJ can you explain how to delete apps or add apps before flashing your ROM. I am running v1.3 and want to clean it up and add a couple of things I use alot. Seems like it would be an easy way to add things like Mobile Defender to the system folder. Also can we move system apps to the other apps folder so we can uninstal what we dont want later.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.mauldin View Post
OMJ can you explain how to delete apps or add apps before flashing your ROM. I am running v1.3 and want to clean it up and add a couple of things I use alot. Seems like it would be an easy way to add things like Mobile Defender to the system folder. Also can we move system apps to the other apps folder so we can uninstal what we dont want later.

Thanks for all the help.
Open up the zip file you download from the first post. Anything you want to add/remove as a system app (uninstall only if you have complete root) goes in \system\app. Anything you want to add/remove as a regular installed app (easily uninstallable) goes in the \data\app folder. If you do a factory reset, everything that was in \data\app will not be reinstalled. You will need to flash the rom again to get them back, or reinstall them manually.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Can someone tell what functionality this rom gives you over the stock rom

or any difference this rom has over the stock rom
and maybe some screen shots as well

Thanks
Old 06-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

Thanks for all the help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm View Post
Open up the zip file you download from the first post. Anything you want to add/remove as a system app (uninstall only if you have complete root) goes in \system\app. Anything you want to add/remove as a regular installed app (easily uninstallable) goes in the \data\app folder. If you do a factory reset, everything that was in \data\app will not be reinstalled. You will need to flash the rom again to get them back, or reinstall them manually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ

I have removed the statement I had on post #1 saying you can add/remove apks in the zip.

Here's why.....when cooking the rom, the zip gets "signed", when you add or remove anything, technically the zip file should be re-signed. As others have already reported, they have added or removed apks w/o issue, but fyi, this *may* cause issues.
Now that we have full root I wonder if the best method is to make changes post flash?
Old 06-15-2010, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

r.mauldin is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Now that we have full root I wonder if the best method is to make changes post flash?
I was to slow to see your post. I tried the add/remove thing and reflashed. It was kind of a mess. Some stuff loaded some didnt. I had a good back up with everything from the full root part 2. So I am restoring as I type this.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:21 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilde88 View Post
OMJ... FIRE ass rom.... whats up with the one in making? got an ETA?
lol, I assume this is a good thing?

I am not currently working on a new update.....just trying to enjoy my Evo

now that full root is out, even those apps in system/app that ppl dont want can be removed easier now.

Quote:

Thanks for all the help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ

I have removed the statement I had on post #1 saying you can add/remove apks in the zip.

Here's why.....when cooking the rom, the zip gets "signed", when you add or remove anything, technically the zip file should be re-signed. As others have already reported, they have added or removed apks w/o issue, but fyi, this *may* cause issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
yes, now that we have full root, I would say post flash would be safer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
Can someone tell what functionality this rom gives you over the stock rom

or any difference this rom has over the stock rom
and maybe some screen shots as well

Thanks
the rom is based on stock, Sprint apps removed, added the apps I posted in post #1, has Superuser built it....along w/ some tweaks...no need for SS, looks the same as stock
Old 06-15-2010, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sfld is keeping up the good worksfld is keeping up the good work

OMJ i have a quick question for you.

I was on your rom yesterday, today i did the full root thing and basically did a nandroid restore to the image i created prior to full root

Should i reflash your rom? Or is it ok to use my nanroid backup?

How can i delete google talk or other thigns? via superuser icon?
Old 06-15-2010, 05:56 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfld View Post
OMJ i have a quick question for you.

I was on your rom yesterday, today i did the full root thing and basically did a nandroid restore to the image i created prior to full root

Should i reflash your rom? Or is it ok to use my nanroid backup?

How can i delete google talk or other thigns? via superuser icon?
no, you dont need to re-flash....when u did a nanroid backup, you were backing up the entire rom, so with it restored, you are back the way u were but w/ full root.

you wouldn't use the superuser app to delete apps.....I'm not sure if there is a propery way to remove a program besides exploring to system/app, and deleting the apk....more to come

I checked system/app, but dont see a specific google voice or talk apk, so I'm not sure where it's at in the rom

Last edited by OMJ; 06-15-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sfld is keeping up the good worksfld is keeping up the good work

Ahh i got you thank you. With that being said if i install my own apks, i can delete the actual .apk file from the root of the SDcard i assume?
Old 06-15-2010, 07:17 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfld View Post
Ahh i got you thank you. With that being said if i install my own apks, i can delete the actual .apk file from the root of the SDcard i assume?
yes, or just uninstall

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development