View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 04:01 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/10/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.mauldin View Post
OMJ can you explain how to delete apps or add apps before flashing your ROM. I am running v1.3 and want to clean it up and add a couple of things I use alot. Seems like it would be an easy way to add things like Mobile Defender to the system folder. Also can we move system apps to the other apps folder so we can uninstal what we dont want later.

Thanks for all the help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timtlm View Post
Open up the zip file you download from the first post. Anything you want to add/remove as a system app (uninstall only if you have complete root) goes in \system\app. Anything you want to add/remove as a regular installed app (easily uninstallable) goes in the \data\app folder. If you do a factory reset, everything that was in \data\app will not be reinstalled. You will need to flash the rom again to get them back, or reinstall them manually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ

I have removed the statement I had on post #1 saying you can add/remove apks in the zip.

Here's why.....when cooking the rom, the zip gets "signed", when you add or remove anything, technically the zip file should be re-signed. As others have already reported, they have added or removed apks w/o issue, but fyi, this *may* cause issues.
Now that we have full root I wonder if the best method is to make changes post flash?