PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

knives of ice is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

so does 4g work with this new update ? any confirmations?
Old 06-30-2010, 11:48 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

So is anyone still testing or did everyone go back to 1.5 lol....there has been alot of confusion and mis-information out there....1st we were using Calkulins, but it appears his wimax update was faulty. Neo has now updated his wimax update, and it appears to be working. Has anyone tried it?

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/EVO/Users/OMJ/Files/new_wimax.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Guess I'll be waiting until I know for sure this is good to go. I have had zero problems with the very first OMJ I found at htcevohacks.
lol, I had to go check that place out....these ppl got my ROM at the top of the page, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
I thought I saw some instructions somewhere for restoring your settings and stuff after flashing a ROM. Does anyone know where that is? Maybe we could put a link to that post in the first post or something...

Looking at Titanium Backup, it has an option to backup system settings. Anyone know what that is?

I'm just trying to backup my apps, alarms, bluetooth, and email/facebook/twitter. I can see there is an option to backup apps in Titanium Backup, and I hope it works. I am addicted to the Shapewriter keyboard and it isn't available in the market anymore, so a backup is important.

Anyone know about this or does everyone just pretty much reinstall everything and reconfigure alarms/bluetooth/email/facebook/twitter every time they flash a ROM?
the one I have in post #2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
I would like to see OMJ update the ROM with the wimax radio as well. Then just flash that rom and be done w/it.
right now it's not possible....has to be done separately....it's really not that big of a deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcopmanx View Post
Okay, I didn't have this problem before. It just creeped up on me. I installed Calku's WiMax update (was using the other guy's version before when it came out) and I hope it is unrelated but now I cannot install anything from the Market. I get a insufficient storage message. But yet, my internal storage has 342 MB avail and SD card has 5.6GB. Any ideas?
I read that was happening because the wimax update did not completely finish, you reboot into recovery then the update finishes, then problems is gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terencec View Post
Out of curiosity how come adfree was removed from this rom?
because when visiting PPCGEEKS.com from the phone, it blocks the ads that support this great site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintar View Post
I am stock unrooted now with the new OTA update, is the toast rooting procedure ok to use, or we have to wait for something new? TIA
sounds like u may be SOL for now....the update closed the root exploit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
If you're trying to install it from the handset, I ended up copying the link and pasting it into DroidFTP (got it from the market)

I set up a new shortcut:
Name: OMJ
Host: up.ppcgeeks.com
Port: 21
user: anonymous
pass: (your email)
BaseDir: /EVO/Users/OMJ/ROMs

CLICK SAVE then connect. So you don't have to enter this information everytime you want to download a new ROM. long press the file you want to download, then download.

For some reason ROM Manager is grayed out for me and I can't download any ROMs, but I've been able to reboot into recovery, which is what I really care to do anyways....hence DroidFTP is utilized for all my ROM downloads. I hope this helps others...unless i'm the only one that can't use ROM Manager to download the ROMs...in that case, i feel like an idiot lol
good info for those that need it...thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide9 View Post
Took the jump this afternoon and flashed the new 1.6r (from 1.4r)... What a difference! The new radio is great for me. I could only get 800k dl using tether before (no 4g here), now I am getting 1.8mb to 2.2mb dl speeds. The screen is snapier than before but the dl speeds is what makes me very happy. Thanks OMJ You Rock!!!
thx...I'm getting much better speed on 3g too

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdsdini View Post
I just had a quick question about the wireless tether.. i got it to connect to my moms computer when i stopped at her house today but as soon as i pulled her belkin wireless adapter i lost internet and her computer couldnt even see the device.. am i doing something wrong? thanks in advance.
hmmm, thats seems odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeindeed View Post
Has anyone had any success in writing to system after flashing this? I've reverted back to 1.5 for the time being until something comes along that makes it work.
I havent tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by lse4 View Post
how do you update the wimax? i dont wanna mess up
just like any other zip, just copy to the root of sd, boot into recovery, & flash the zip
Old 06-30-2010, 11:50 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

alert!!! I am leaving for vacation in the morning, wont be back till 7/8, i'll probably pop in from time to time though

HOPEFULLY THIS WHOLE MESS WILL BE SORTED OUT BY THE TIME I GET BACK....AND YA NEVER KNOW, IF SOMETHING FANTASTIC GETS RELEASED I MAY HAVE A SURPRISE
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
alert!!! I am leaving for vacation in the morning, wont be back till 7/8, i'll probably pop in from time to time though

HOPEFULLY THIS WHOLE MESS WILL BE SORTED OUT BY THE TIME I GET BACK....AND YA NEVER KNOW, IF SOMETHING FANTASTIC GETS RELEASED I MAY HAVE A SURPRISE
You knew I was coming to O-Town this weekend and you got outta there? Smart move
Enjoy!

I didn't abandon ship, still rocking 1.6r and loving it. The write to /system issue remains but no biggie imo. Thanks again.

Surprises?! I LOVE surprises!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Have a great time, Ken ... and thanks again for all your help.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Dsh897 is keeping up the good workDsh897 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

Enjoy your trip. Im rocking 1.6r still also as well no problem just followed your instructions.
To access system files ive just been booting into recovery and doing work from there on them and it seems to be working. Just had to ask for super permission again in ADB.. no biggie
Old 07-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Have a great time mr. super chef, I'm chillin on 1.5, probably going to take the plunge so that I can fix the grounding issue, though I love my 4G in houston.. See yaz
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

jfizz88 is keeping up the good workjfizz88 is keeping up the good work

i still dont understand how to your rom manager really. i just opened it and went to go a rom back up, and it booted to the exclamation screen and stayed. so i had to do it manually thru my computer. i know theres a way to just flash the radio and wimax update onto 1.6 rather than flashing all of 1.6r right?

i just dont get exactly how to flash it thru rom manager or manually. but i can do a whole rom fine lol. if that makes sense. this is so much different from wm

Crispy EVO because its Toasted.

Last edited by jfizz88; 07-01-2010 at 12:33 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfizz88 View Post
i still dont understand how to your rom manager really. i just opened it and went to go a rom back up, and it booted to the exclamation screen and stayed. so i had to do it manually thru my computer. i know theres a way to just flash the radio and wimax update onto 1.6 rather than flashing all of 1.6r right?
Dont use ROM backup, use Install ROM from SD.
I assume you have the radio and wimax zips on your card?
Then just select them as if they were a rom.
I'd do radio, reboot, wimax reboot.
Wimax may take out your recovery image so you'll need to reflash Clockworkmod if it does.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

jfizz88 is keeping up the good workjfizz88 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Dont use ROM backup, use Install ROM from SD.
I assume you have the radio and wimax zips on your card?
Then just select them as if they were a rom.
I'd do radio, reboot, wimax reboot.
Wimax may take out your recovery image so you'll need to reflash Clockworkmod if it does.
ohhhh! i used the rom back just to do a back up but and after i was going to try and flash the zips. but ROM manager got stuck

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development