PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 11:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

awesomeindeed is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/28/10*

So other than ditching 1.6 altogether, is there a way to keep this ROM and get adb commands/NAND unlock working again? I get the $ sign which obviously means I don't have full root, correct?

Every adb command I run is permission denied and since re-doing part 2 of the full root process and then flashing this ROM leaves you back at square one I'm kinda stuck...
Old 06-29-2010, 11:07 PM
N00b

awesomeindeed is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
ok, there has been some developments....there is now a full radio image, but the wimax image is still seperate. Since I had flashed the wimax image that Calkulin posted yesterday & lost recovery, I went back through the part 2 rooting process, restoring the Toast recovery & back to an old radio. I then flashed the full radio, then the wimax image. I then flashed v1.6 again....everything appears good, of course I cannot test 4g, but awesomeindeed has & confirmed 4g is working.

I am uploading a v1.6r ROM that will have the full radio included but the wimax will still need to be flashed seperately for now.

Are you retaining your NAND unlock and everything by doing this? For some reason I'm unable to reproduce that part, but 4G and everything else works perfectly with the latest radio image and Wimax update.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:11 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeindeed View Post
So other than ditching 1.6 altogether, is there a way to keep this ROM and get adb commands/NAND unlock working again? I get the $ sign which obviously means I don't have full root, correct?

Every adb command I run is permission denied and since re-doing part 2 of the full root process and then flashing this ROM leaves you back at square one I'm kinda stuck...
I am getting this too, I'm not sure why, but here's what u do.....

when u get the $, type su, the Superuser pop-up on the phone will promp for su access, $ will change to #....then you're golden
Old 06-29-2010, 11:14 PM
N00b

awesomeindeed is a n00b

That part works fine, although I still have no adb access after doing that. Any ideas?

"adb: not found" is what I get.

Last edited by awesomeindeed; 06-29-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

r.mauldin is becoming a great contributor

Is there a simple adb command to test if we do or do not have full root? I have no clue how to check if I lost it or not.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.mauldin View Post
Is there a simple adb command to test if we do or do not have full root? I have no clue how to check if I lost it or not.
If you followed Fast's tutorial through without errors there's no reason you're not fully rooted.
To check-try to boot into recovery:
Power off/Hold down Vol Down and power on/when bootloader loads select recovery/if you get your recovery menu you're fully rooted, if it hangs at the red triangle screen you're not.
This is provided you didnt mess with the wimax update which may wipe your recovery image.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:23 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeindeed View Post
That part works fine, although I still have no adb access after doing that. Any ideas?
I just went through my data.img restore process all through adb no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.mauldin View Post
well something seems different, but I'm not an expert on all this...if u type adb shell, normally you'll get a # whcih is root, but we're getting a $, but after typing su, we then get #
Old 06-29-2010, 11:25 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
If you followed Fast's tutorial through without errors there's no reason you're not fully rooted.
To check-try to boot into recovery:
Power off/Hold down Vol Down and power on/when bootloader loads select recovery/if you get your recovery menu you're fully rooted, if it hangs at the red triangle screen you're not.
This is provided you didnt mess with the wimax update which may wipe your recovery image.
that pretty much sums it up....if u remember b4 we had full root, when booting into recovery it stopped @ the red triangle, then you had to run the script to actually get into recovery......this was also the case after running calkulins wimax update yesterday
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:27 PM
N00b

awesomeindeed is a n00b

Can you show me exactly what you're doing that you have adb commands working? I can get su from a command window, I can remount /system, but then nothing works after that.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:28 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

let me add one more thing....wifi tether kept saying unable to start tethering when I tried to start it, so I installed the clockworks recovery & now wifi tether works fine.....fyi

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development