PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
So if I'm on the very first OMJ all I have to do is flash 1.6r then the wimax update and im good to go?
Technically yes. But I'd do a Nand backup, wipe then flash. 1.6 isnt working for everyone.
It may have relocked my Nand last night forcing me to redo Part II of the root process. Still not 100% on what went wrong. Going to give the 1.6r a try and see how it does.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Technically yes. But I'd do a Nand backup, wipe then flash. 1.6 isnt working for everyone.
It may have relocked my Nand last night forcing me to redo Part II of the root process. Still not 100% on what went wrong. Going to give the 1.6r a try and see how it does.
Let me know. I'm anxious to try this update. But you know what they say, if it aint broke dont fix it.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Let me know. I'm anxious to try this update. But you know what they say, if it aint broke dont fix it.
OH SURE use me as your guinea pig.
I'll post up what happens but dont hang on my word, OMJ says it's working great for him.
I will say that even though something went wrong last nite, while I was on 1.6 it SCREAMED!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero w/Touch Pro on the bench

MILH0U5E is keeping up the good workMILH0U5E is keeping up the good work

Ok, I did a Nand backup and wiped all three options (factory, cache, davlik)... Flashed the ROM then the WiMax... Booted up fine, but don't have any 4G... and under the 'wireless network' setting, Sprint isn't listed in the 'Network Provider' category...

anyone else?

EDIT>>> I went and updated my PRL, and Whammo, it fixed the issue and connected to 4G with Sprint. I probably missed this somewhere, but just for everyone's sanity... After flashing ROM and WIMAX, reboot phone, and update your PRL.

Last edited by MILH0U5E; 06-30-2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Solution
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILH0U5E View Post
Ok, I did a Nand backup and wiped all three options (factory, cache, davlik)... Flashed the ROM then the WiMax... Booted up fine, but don't have any 4G... and under the 'wireless network' setting, Sprint isn't listed in the 'Network Provider' category...

anyone else?

EDIT>>> I went and updated my PRL, and Whammo, it fixed the issue and connected to 4G with Sprint. I probably missed this somewhere, but just for everyone's sanity... After flashing ROM and WIMAX, reboot phone, and update your PRL.
Which version ROM did you come from?
Old 06-30-2010, 12:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

anyone else?

So did you do all that from the clockwork recovery in the ROM Manager, or the old fashioned way?
Old 06-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
OH SURE use me as your guinea pig.
I'll post up what happens but dont hang on my word, OMJ says it's working great for him.
I will say that even though something went wrong last nite, while I was on 1.6 it SCREAMED!
Lmao! Sure, let us know how it goes Winmo. Lol! Guess ill be flashing again, just gotta charge up! Thks OMJ!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero w/Touch Pro on the bench

MILH0U5E is keeping up the good workMILH0U5E is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
So did you do all that from the clockwork recovery in the ROM Manager, or the old fashioned way?
Old fashion way...

But now I have a new problem... I'm getting the Insufficient Memory error... Going to go back to recovery and wipe everything once again... I'm coming from Flip .5x (one before most current)
Old 06-30-2010, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Guess I'll be waiting until I know for sure this is good to go. I have had zero problems with the very first OMJ I found at htcevohacks.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

kuttasala is a n00b

Quote:

anyone else?

Flashed ROM, flashed WIMAX, and updated PRL. Still not getting 4G. What am I doing wrong???

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development