PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 12:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuwguy View Post
Let me first apologize for my ignorance, but I want to flash this rom and don't know how to do this. My Evo is fully rooted, but that's as far as I've gone.
My question is. Do I just save this rom to my SD card and then reboot after I clear out my cache and info? Is it really this simple or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance guys.
YouTube - How to flash a ROM and kernel on your HTC Evo 4G
if this doesnt help come back

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 01-31-2011, 10:37 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post

OMJ. so. you taking out Footprints?
nope....though I dont use it, it could cause issues w/ Sense..... I would always remove it back on the Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuwguy View Post
Let me first apologize for my ignorance, but I want to flash this rom and don't know how to do this. My Evo is fully rooted, but that's as far as I've gone.
My question is. Do I just save this rom to my SD card and then reboot after I clear out my cache and info? Is it really this simple or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance guys.
it depends on your recovery.....1st copy to the root of your sd card, then if using amon recovery, reboot into recovery, backup, wipe all, flash.....if using clockworks (ROM Manager), backup, wipe all, flash
Old 01-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

thenuwguy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Yep, that worked I was missing the rom manager part. I love the rom, and already hit the the thanks button.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Can anyone help me install Footprints back into my phone?

I downloaded Footprints APK from a friend and also found it in the deleted apps folder of my phone. None of them will install. I click on it, it asks for permission, I give permission and then it says it can't install.

Yes, I have the box checked for the unknown sources thing.

Any advice? I got a brother in law I need to um... PRAY WITH. Yeah, that's the ticket, pray with.
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:05 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Can anyone help me install Footprints back into my phone?

I downloaded Footprints APK from a friend and also found it in the deleted apps folder of my phone. None of them will install. I click on it, it asks for permission, I give permission and then it says it can't install.

Yes, I have the box checked for the unknown sources thing.

Any advice? I got a brother in law I need to um... PRAY WITH. Yeah, that's the ticket, pray with.
I just realized Footprints is not actually in the ROM but in sdcard\removed apps....oh well

anyways, according to Aamikam, any apk removed from \System must be pushed back to system

adb push <local> <remote> - copy file/dir to device

what I would do is, copy the footprints apks to my c drive, then in my case run this command

cd c:\sdk\tools
adb push footprints.apk /system/app

Last edited by OMJ; 01-31-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:33 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

RE: bootanimation....

Sabreem @ XDA, tweaked the animation if anyone is interested...
Old 01-31-2011, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I just realized Footprints is not actually in the ROM but in sdcard\removed apps....oh well

anyways, according to Aamikam, any apk removed from \System must be pushed back to system

adb push - copy file/dir to device

what I would do is, copy the footprints apks to my c drive, then in my case run this command

cd c:\sdk\tools
adb push footprints.apk /system/app
Any idea why copying these removed apks to the /system/app folder with a file mgr that mounts the system as r/w doesn't seem to work? ... They will copy over but won't install nor show up as installed after a re-boot? ? Tried it with Sprint Nav to no avail. hmmmm

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: na
Carrier: na

evousr1205 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
no, it's not normal to lose your images.....they should be stored on the sd card, unless you're mistakingly wiping the sd card.

as far as your home screen, if u wipe data you will lose any changes to your home screen, and will see the default screen from the rom. if you're not wiping data, it should stay the same.
Well I tried again. This time I factory reset, wipe cache and wipped dalvic. Installed 4.5. Booted just fine. Took a few secound for the home screen to appear BUT it did. I checked gallery and it showed 300 images. Correct. Exit gallery and started to restore apps +system data. I check gallery again and it shows 0.

I dont think the restore of apps and system did this but what else could it be. On the SD images(DCIM folder empty) are the only things missing. I have other files on here that are fine.

Just mentioning this incase anyone knows a fix. I of course copied the whole SDcard before i wiped just incase, so i didnt loose anything. Could this be a SD going bad?

Sa
Old 01-31-2011, 04:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Any idea why copying these removed apks to the /system/app folder with a file mgr that mounts the system as r/w doesn't seem to work? ... They will copy over but won't install nor show up as installed after a re-boot? ? Tried it with Sprint Nav to no avail. hmmmm

If you are using Root Explorer, copy it over to system/app then short press it. When it asks you if you want to install the package hit yes. Thats what worked for me when I had to re-install visual vm.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:11 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post

weird, should work just fine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by evousr1205 View Post
Well I tried again. This time I factory reset, wipe cache and wipped dalvic. Installed 4.5. Booted just fine. Took a few secound for the home screen to appear BUT it did. I checked gallery and it showed 300 images. Correct. Exit gallery and started to restore apps +system data. I check gallery again and it shows 0.

I dont think the restore of apps and system did this but what else could it be. On the SD images(DCIM folder empty) are the only things missing. I have other files on here that are fine.

Just mentioning this incase anyone knows a fix. I of course copied the whole SDcard before i wiped just incase, so i didnt loose anything. Could this be a SD going bad?

Sa
that's odd, either your sd card is acting up/going bad or something w/ the TB restore is hosing it up.

sometimes I'll start clean, and only restore call logs, txts & HTC Home

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development