PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 01:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

I thought I saw some instructions somewhere for restoring your settings and stuff after flashing a ROM. Does anyone know where that is? Maybe we could put a link to that post in the first post or something...

Looking at Titanium Backup, it has an option to backup system settings. Anyone know what that is?

I'm just trying to backup my apps, alarms, bluetooth, and email/facebook/twitter. I can see there is an option to backup apps in Titanium Backup, and I hope it works. I am addicted to the Shapewriter keyboard and it isn't available in the market anymore, so a backup is important.

Anyone know about this or does everyone just pretty much reinstall everything and reconfigure alarms/bluetooth/email/facebook/twitter every time they flash a ROM?
Old 06-30-2010, 01:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
I thought I saw some instructions somewhere for restoring your settings and stuff after flashing a ROM. Does anyone know where that is? Maybe we could put a link to that post in the first post or something...

Looking at Titanium Backup, it has an option to backup system settings. Anyone know what that is?

I'm just trying to backup my apps, alarms, bluetooth, and email/facebook/twitter. I can see there is an option to backup apps in Titanium Backup, and I hope it works. I am addicted to the Shapewriter keyboard and it isn't available in the market anymore, so a backup is important.

Anyone know about this or does everyone just pretty much reinstall everything and reconfigure alarms/bluetooth/email/facebook/twitter every time they flash a ROM?

I've used Mybackup Pro in the past.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttasala View Post
Flashed ROM, flashed WIMAX, and updated PRL. Still not getting 4G. What am I doing wrong???
Did you wipe cache?
Old 06-30-2010, 01:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

kuttasala is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Did you wipe cache?
Wipe cache before every flash or just the wimax?
Old 06-30-2010, 01:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttasala View Post
Wipe cache before every flash or just the wimax?
I believe its going to be just wipe cache partition for the radio. When you flash a new ROM, you wipe data/factory reset. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Someone mentioned doing all the flashing from the clockworks v the old fashioned way, can someone explain what both of these two are? I intalled the clockworks from ROM Manager and then powered the phone on while holding the volume down button, and did everything from there. Is this the so called old fashioned way? And to flash the new radio do I just put the zip file on my sd card's root, then use the method just described and just choose that zip to flash?

And will this break my root/4G? I really really really want to fix my screen, but not at the cost of 4g.

Someone please report back
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:32 AM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
Someone mentioned doing all the flashing from the clockworks v the old fashioned way, can someone explain what both of these two are? I intalled the clockworks from ROM Manager and then powered the phone on while holding the volume down button, and did everything from there. Is this the so called old fashioned way? And to flash the new radio do I just put the zip file on my sd card's root, then use the method just described and just choose that zip to flash?

And will this break my root/4G? I really really really want to fix my screen, but not at the cost of 4g.

Someone please report back
Well after you install the clockworks in the ROM manager, you get an option to install ROM from SD card. So I was thinking I'd just put the ROM and the Wimax update on the SD card and try it.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post

Just use Titanium. Make sure to go to menu>applications>development>hit usb debugging.
If it said that it located system apps, you're good to go. Hit menu, then batch, then backup all apps + system data. It should take awhile. All your stuff is now ready to be restored on your new ROM. Works perfectly.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:43 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
Just use Titanium. Make sure to go to menu>applications>development>hit usb debugging.
If it said that it located system apps, you're good to go. Hit menu, then batch, then backup all apps + system data. It should take awhile. All your stuff is now ready to be restored on your new ROM. Works perfectly.
Where would it say that it found system apps? Also, do I want to disable USB debugging or enable it?
Old 06-30-2010, 03:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Quote:

If it said that it located system apps, you're good to go. H

Where would it say that it found system apps? Also, do I want to disable USB debugging or enable it?
It should say it in a short popup when you open titanium. It will prompt you to do so if you haven't, but you want to enable it

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development